Modding discussion for DRIV3R.
By Fireboyd78
IMPORTANT! READ FIRST!
This "project" was cancelled in favor of DSCript, and will no longer require 3ds Max support. I should also mention that this kind of stuff does not happen in a day, I am only human after all. I can't slave my whole day away to this kind of stuff, it's just simply not possible. I want more progress as much as you or the other guy does.

Autodesk 3ds Max 2008 or higher will be required to use the toolset

Here's some pictures of what I've been up to lately. I'm getting very close to figuring out a way to share all of this awesomeness with everyone, but I don't feel like being known for releasing broken tools, so please, be patient and wait for what is to come!

Thanks for your continued interest. For your patience, here is something to tide you over:

UPDATE: Link fixed. It was the wrong file...sorry about that!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/691 ... /miami.vvv
NOTE: Right click and save-as!

Please backup miami.vvv before replacing it. Cops will not be working properly because it's an early way to modify VVV files. For best results, go to the secret car that's in the garage near the warehouse. If you don't want the surprise factor, choose the Ford GT from the selection screen. Enjoy!

MDPCEdit (name not final) is very messy at the moment and not ready for release. Sorry for the wait everyone.

What the hell is that? :twisted:
By Fireboyd78
PostalDude wrote:Try out the .vvv....you won't regret it. :lol:
Absolutely amazing progress Mark.
Thanks JP (Y)
By TheEngiGuy
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
What does the .vvv do exactly? I had 5 cars chasing me at the same time in Take a Ride mode, but just once.
By Fireboyd78
The VVV file is basically a mission vehicle prop container. They're basically for holding onto specific vehicles that need to be used in the mission script, but they spawn in parking lots and in traffic depending on how you replace it. I will elaborate more on all of that later on, when I have a proper modding interface ready. Everything is all over the place at the moment.
By 0takumetalhead
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
If only I could download it, Firefox derps as soon as I click on the link.
By Skylabh
0takumetalhead wrote:If only I could download it, Firefox derps as soon as I click on the link.
I am on firefox too, so right click and " save target as..."

Awesome job about the D3 models (Y)
By max.thunder
Can't wait to see more of it!
By Submaniac
It glitches my game for some reason. the screen is zoomed in on the left hand corner (the health bars are taking the whole screen). Makes the whole game like that. Menus and all...

Never mind. It seems that it's just my game that's corrupted for some reason. I'm reinstalling.
Last edited by Submaniac on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By PostalDude
TheEngiGuy wrote:What does the .vvv do exactly? I had 5 cars chasing me at the same time in Take a Ride mode, but just once.
Go here:
Garage at the end of the street (where the key is on the map)
By 0takumetalhead
Skylabh wrote:
0takumetalhead wrote:If only I could download it, Firefox derps as soon as I click on the link.

Should have thought about it, thx anyway.

Mehh happy that the Challenger finally looks like a Challenger :P
Anyone got the Mustang to take a ride with? For some reason I always spawn in the Challenger even after selecting the 'Stang.
By TheEngiGuy
PostalDude wrote:
TheEngiGuy wrote:What does the .vvv do exactly? I had 5 cars chasing me at the same time in Take a Ride mode, but just once.
Go here:

I did, but nothing happens.
0takumetalhead wrote:
Skylabh wrote:

Anyone got the Mustang to take a ride with? For some reason I always spawn in the Challenger even after selecting the 'Stang.
The Mustang is simply replaced by the HD Challenger so you can compare it with the old version.
By PostalDude
TheEngiGuy wrote:
PostalDude wrote:
Go here:

Damn. Well, just select the Ford GT/Cuatro TT.
By TheEngiGuy
PostalDude wrote:
TheEngiGuy wrote:
PostalDude wrote:
Go here:

Damn. Well, just select the Ford GT/Cuatro TT.
Still nothing :V
By 0takumetalhead
I fail to see any diffirence...
TheEngiGuy wrote:
0takumetalhead wrote:
Skylabh wrote:

The Mustang is simply replaced by the HD Challenger so you can compare it with the old version.
Oh wow, derp moment from me, I apologize.
By Fireboyd78
Once again I failed. It's not the Ford GT that I replaced in that mod above, but the Shelby Cobra. Epic. Fail. Again.
By Submaniac
CarLuver69 wrote:Once again I failed. It's not the Ford GT that I replaced in that mod above, but the Shelby Cobra. Epic. Fail. Again.
It's cool don't blame yourself. You already did a lot. ;)

I'll try again later and see what tou did :)
By TheEngiGuy
CarLuver69 wrote:Once again I failed. It's not the Ford GT that I replaced in that mod above, but the Shelby Cobra. Epic. Fail. Again.
Wow dude, this is really awesome.
FREE CANDY!

I wonder how you can paint the cars.
By Fireboyd78
Just texture editing. I'm going to try and making modding as easy as possible for you guys.
By TheEngiGuy
CarLuver69 wrote:Just texture editing. I'm going to try and making modding as easy as possible for you guys.
Martin Edmonson himself should congratulate you. You are making Driv3r funnier and better, keep going (Y)
By 0takumetalhead
Make the Ford GT red (keeping the white stripes) and change the rear lights on it and you'll gett an unlimited amount of virtual cookies.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]