Modding discussion for DRIV3R.
By Skylabh
I do not know if you have noticed this, but if you delete the BO3 files in the BigVO3 folder, the handling, speed and vehicles colors are drastically changed.
By max.thunder
Interesting
Does it increase the speed or decreases it?
By max.thunder
I'll have to try it because vehicles in Driv3r have a very low top speed compared to Driver PL.
By Skylabh
The vehicles will be white.
For the Ps2, i do not know if a swap could work, because we need a tool such as the one for stuntman, and maybe there will be a compatibility issue.
By PostalDude
Skylabh wrote:The vehicles will be white.
For the Ps2, i do not know if a swap could work, because we need a tool such as the one for stuntman, and maybe there will be a compatibility issue.
That's exactly why, but it'd be worth a try.
By Skylabh
Zmey20009 wrote:I have opened miami.BO3 in HEX Editor and find Mustang's color. If changed parameters, all Mustang's will be white
Well i would like to see what you have done.
By max.thunder
[youtube size=420X315]
[/youtube]
By max.thunder
The 2nd vid is awesome, it would make the game more challenging, one car crash at huge speeds and your car is totalled. Although i wish the car didn't explode, looks too Michael Bay :mrgreen:
By Fireboyd78
I guess that's my punishment for not thoroughly investigating the BO3 files! I was looking for the mass and it seems you found it. Could you share your findings, please? :P
By Olanov
That's pretty sweet, nice finds!
max.thunder wrote:The 2nd vid is awesome, it would make the game more challenging, one car crash at huge speeds and your car is totalled. Although i wish the car didn't explode, looks too Michael Bay :mrgreen:
Hey, Driver was always trying to go for that Hollywood style. :D
By Fireboyd78
Uhh, talk about confusing. Holy sh*t.

You shouldn't post a hex-only view with ridiculously-sized columns. We can't see the actual characters (such as DVO3, very important), only the hex code. The hex code is only 16-bytes long, and they form columns. But by having your window so big, it's hard to find any patterns.

Not only that, but addresses become more difficult to access. It says D5C on yours, but that's with 38-bytes per column. Unbelievable.

Here's my version:

Zmey20009 wrote:I will sort out all colors soon
What do you mean by that? I've already given an entire tutorial on how to change colors and pretty much everything you could think of. There's not much more to colors.
By Zmey20009
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
Not only that, but addresses become more difficult to access. It says D5C on yours, but that's with 38-bytes per column.
Because I used Hex Editor XVI32.
What do you mean by that?
I mean HEX colors to RGB colors

Challenger has a 16 different colors, but game uses only 8 colors. Other 8 colors are used in PS2 version (underlined), in PC not used. I tried to change parameters after HEX color. Game began to use unused colors, but used colors (first eight) weren't used. Somewhere there are restrictions on the number of colors
By Fireboyd78
So there's an 8-paintjob limit? That's good information to know for the future :D
By Fireboyd78
I couldn't tell you, simply because I have no idea. We would need further investigation.
By Submaniac
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I don't think i should start a new topic for this, so i'm putting it here. After some trial and error, i've managed (based on what has been found out about the mustang's colors of the miami.BO3 file before) to make a chart of what changes what between the start of the "DV03" line and the paint.

Here goes:

If every car has the same arrangement setup as this one, then it's pretty easy to change their handling, isn't it?

Little demonstration of what can be done in roughly 2 minutes)
By Klancnik777
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
nice find!

WTF? changed car acceleration to ff and started take a ride but in a split second it showed me a pause menu O_O

edit: changed them to 99 but car doesnt move xD BURNOUT!!!
By Submaniac
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Yeah, the game reacts a bit badly to great changes. But you can have a lot of fun trying stuff out :)
By Klancnik777
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Submaniac wrote:Yeah, the game reacts a bit badly to great changes. But you can have a lot of fun trying stuff out :)
what values did you use?
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]