[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 571: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 627: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Driv3r Modding - Driver Madness

Information: We're currently in the process of upgrading our forums to be compatible with PHP 7.2 -- many features are still currently broken. Thank you for your patience!
Modding discussion for DRIV3R.
By JAY
Last edited by JAY on Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By madness
I indeed have been working on modding DRIV3R ever since it was released on PC. I have found out many, many things which I have told no one until the release of a new audition to the driver madness network called "Driver Modding", and there i'll show off all my modding tips and secrets. Expect the website to be released by the end of January 2007.

But I though since you brought the topic up i'd like to share a few early things with you all.

1. FMV
The first thing which people had the abbility to use outside the game; the RAD tools were discovered quite a while ago amung the release of DRIV3R. And who wouldn't try opening those videos with those RAD tools since the game has the RAD tools featured in the credits.

2. Cities
A very buggy tool was released before DRIV3R (PC) was even released in stores, this little tool was origionaly created for the DEMO version of DRIV3R but it has been found possible to work with the full version of DRIV3R. This tool does work as I've added textures in the game; it's just very buggy and rarly works and freezes up the game, so i'm currently trying to contact the creator and see what he can do.

3. Moods
These files are the easist aspects of DRIV3R to modify, I must say I've changed many things in the DRIV3R world with this little tool. The lighting effects/rain effects and many of the particle effects varibles are editable here. A deep written up report will be posted on "Driver Modding" when i get the site up showing how to use all these varibles.

4. Music
These music files seem impossible to convert; but they are plain music files, each of them are seperate songs in the game from 1.xa to 52.xa and many missing inbetween. They are not archieves they are like a weird format of .mp3's just not playable under anything other than the game; so why not make the game your player. More details will go into this on the new "Driver Modding" website. Plus! there is also a hidden track in there which is not playable in the game;l only it's engine, something we have only heard a bit of in an Trailer and now you can hear the entire track. Plus! Soon i'll be releasing a pack which enables you to play all these files as MP3's which i'll be releasing later today.

5. Missions
I have done a few weird things with the mission; but not all that much. And the mission files in DRIVER wheren't ecrpyted in the first place since you could open then up in notepad. BUT DMC editor enabled you to edit these files easily. In DRIV3R modding this is very hard since the file is very encrpyted which has limited me to changing many varibles which I can barly see.

6. Overlays
These are the map files, the files which you see as the maps in the game; these can not be edited as far as I know although there is a small way of changing them. I'll show you how in the new "Driver Modding" Website.

7. Vehicles
It is infact possible to edit the textures in these vehicles; in that same tool which enabled us to edit the cities.

8. Territory
It is possible to change the words used in the menus here meaning it is possible to create entire language conversions. You can also de-imporve or improve the wording e.g. Film Directory to Movie Maker.

9. Skies
Take a look up into the air in "DRIV3R" those "textures" "sets" in there are used up there. It is possible to entirly take out the sky.

There are a few more things which i'll check up on before I mention them, I'd hate to mislead someone but this is all the imformation i've found during my course on modding "DRIV3R".

Now "Driver Modding" will include all this information and more including many mods which I have created. Remember the "Sliding Tanner" and the "Swim Forever" and the "Walking on Water" mods I made for DRIV3R; I will be re-releasing these which onyl very few people got their hands on when I released them a couple of years ago.

Also I may upload some of those mods soon to Driver Madness; Since my holidays have arrived i'm going to have a lot more time to work on everything and hopefully by the end of them which is in another 40 days, I should have finished many more mods and many more websites which I have been working on recently.

So with this big topic I hope i've made you all really happy and lets all hope we can mod DRIV3R just the way we wanted.

Regards
Driver Madness
By Lseven7
I can't wait!! :D

I tried to start another post on this topic, but it didnt work so ill put it here (which is probably more appropriate anyway):

edit:snip:
Last edited by Lseven7 on Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By madness
Indeed it is but when you import files sometimes the game freezes and one of the easist ways of modding with this tool whitout it freezing is, changing each individual texture, editing it and then importing it back into the game and testing to see if it works,

If it freezes restore the origional file if it works leave it.

Doing this can take long amounts of time and can be very frustratingly annoying.

In the near future i'll be getting a new laptop working and hopefully it can play DRIV3R; And i'll take that method since I'm always on the move and it gives me something to do at those times. And my computer isn't even close to stable to do all this stuff, so I can't wait for the lap-top; onec I get it working i'll be alot more productive than usual since I don't have to put up with all the graphical bugs I get from the Video Card and so forth.
By madness
I know the XBOX version has "English, German, French, Italian and Spanish" and I can play audio with all the languages and it's very funny.
By madness
Well sadly you get the same audio as in English, which is kinda annoying when I want English writing and Italian Audio.
By madness
The problem dosent occur all the time, it only occurs once in every while but it can still get quite annoying. This si usually when I edit over 100 textures at a time and then run it.
Last edited by madness on Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By JAY
No, I'm not, but it seems so, you're right. :D

Yes, it should workt with every graphic card that supports Driv3r. I've a ATI X800 and the game works fine.

The next thing I'll try to change are some of the car textures, e.g. the police cars. :)
By madness
Here I've attached many screenshots which show off many things i've done while modifying the content of DRIV3R. (I'll add more picture later on in the week mainly because I can't remember where I put them all)

And i've also attached a short DRIV3R Video showing the first mission and new lighting effects.

Here are some downloads which you may want to try
DOWNLOADS:

More downloads coming soon 8)
By madness
Well sadly my computers that crap I can only do 640x480 at 90mhz 16bit. I hope to get a new Video card soon and that will be one of the main things which will get me onto modding DRIV3R a lot more; almost full time, i just hope the Video Card in my lap-top that i'm getting working will handle it.

By the way I have a NVIDIA GeForce FX5200 I hope to purchase the NVIDIA 6600GT which I get a PCIE Motherboard.
By madness
I found some more screenshots on my computer from modding DRIV3R quite a while ago, when I get my computer working with driv3r again I'll start to release some of these mods on a patching utility so the files arn't so big.
By JAY
It's nice to see Nice cars in Miami. Which files did you change ?
By madness
It was quite complicated, so I'm going to explain this in detail on the Driver Modding site which is just around the corner. You can find more information about this website .
By Dragonboyz
how can you use gun and get out of the car? and drive mortorcycle?
By madness
if you talking about that above picture "tanner_biking_police_car.jpg" it's just a mod I created. As I've said many times before the Driver Modding site will be out soon with heaps of mods including lots of moddings tips and everything.

Also if your interested in Modding DRIV3R and have DRIV3R on PC just say, maybe you could help us make the next DRIV3R mod. Who knows.
By Sedans
wait...You modded driver3?!! Tell me how please!!!
By madness
well thats one of the main purposes for the Driver Modding website.
There I'll tell you about everysingle file and it's purpose and what tools their are to edit/view/decompile/compile that file.

And also if your interested in modding DRIV3R once again your going to need a PC which can run DRIV3R and DRIV3R for PC.
By Sedans
damn....i need 2 getta copy of D3 for my PC :D
By madness
yeh, that would be a great idea as long as your computer meets DRIV3R's requirements.

Minimum System Requirements
System: 1.5Ghz processor or equivalent
RAM: 256 MB
Video Memory: 64 MB
Hard Drive Space: 5500 MB
Other: Win 2000/XP

Recommended System Requirements
System: 2.6Ghz processor or equivalent
RAM: 512 MB
Video Memory: 128 MB
Video Card: GeForce 6 Series and above
Hard Drive Space: 5500 MB
Other: Win 2000/XP
By Sedans
this sucks cuz i dont got no idea what any of that is, well i mean i know what i is but i dont kno how 2 check it lol
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Page 1 of 3
  • 81 posts
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]