Modding discussion for Driver 2.
By Fireboyd78
We all know the beta cop car was in the Havana multiplayer level...and apparently a beta version of the Chicago cop car exists in Chicago as well. So does this mean that other cars such as the secret cars are in the multiplayer levels too? I would check them myself but if I'm not mistaken, my Driver 2 disc is severely scratched and probably doesn't work anymore. On top of that, I don't know the code for loading multiplayer levels in single player with different cars.

I'm really hoping the beta Buick GSX that you see on the car selection screen is in Chicago's multiplayer level, because the multiplayer levels (from what I understand) are older than the actual single player levels. I'd really like to find this kind of stuff out myself, but I just don't know the codes and crap. Lol.

Dykemann, you seem to know what to do, can you look please?
By Dykemann
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
CarLuver69 wrote:We all know the beta cop car was in the Havana multiplayer level...and apparently a beta version of the Chicago cop car exists in Chicago as well. So does this mean that other cars such as the secret cars are in the multiplayer levels too? I would check them myself but if I'm not mistaken, my Driver 2 disc is severely scratched and probably doesn't work anymore. On top of that, I don't know the code for loading multiplayer levels in single player with different cars.

I'm really hoping the beta Buick GSX that you see on the car selection screen is in Chicago's multiplayer level, because the multiplayer levels (from what I understand) are older than the actual single player levels. I'd really like to find this kind of stuff out myself, but I just don't know the codes and crap. Lol.

Dykemann, you seem to know what to do, can you look please?
I can try to take another look . but can't promise anything .
By RacingFreak
Oh and Yucky, can I ask you for a favor? It doesn't matter if you're using ePSXe or PSXFin, PLEASE, make savestates while you're in-game on a multiplayer level loaded in single player. I would love to take a look for lost textures and my program can read savestates from any emulator. Just copy them and post them here. Thank you ;)
By Dykemann
RacingFreak wrote:Oh and Yucky, can I ask you for a favor? It doesn't matter if you're using ePSXe or PSXFin, PLEASE, make savestates while you're in-game on a multiplayer level loaded in single player. I would love to take a look for lost textures and my program can read savestates from any emulator. Just copy them and post them here. Thank you ;)
Ok, but post them how exactly ?
Cause it has risks nowadays uploading on Filesharing sites and such .
By Dykemann
RacingFreak wrote:Just post them as attachments then or mediafire. I don't believe anyone will arrest you for uploading PSX savestates, that just doesn't sound right!
I did not mean it like that, i just don't want to lose another Truck load of Stuff (Like megaupload :'( . )

But i'll try .
By Fireboyd78
Attachments have indeed been disabled. It's because we run the risk of losing files at any given time. We lost our entire car database after the huge outage that resulted in EVERYTHING after October 3rd being lost entirely. So all we ask is that you guys try to use external file hosting sites that you trust. I trust OpenDrive, free and easy to use!
By Runo
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
oooh, I can't wait for the resaults of this "Multiplayer Secret Beta cars" Stuff! :D keep it up guys.

Oh and I have a Driver 2 that works. :]
By Fireboyd78
gamersin wrote:What I find funny is that the Havana cop car can be seen in it's final form in Cops and Robbers mode. Wrap your head around that :D
I can explain! There's 2 directories, and they're both for multiplayer levels. Wrap your head around that :D

Oh yeah, and not only that, but it seems they're on both Disc 1 AND 2 - I bet you the FMVs took up all the space, LOL.
By gamersin
Registration Days Posts Avatar
CarLuver69 wrote:
gamersin wrote:What I find funny is that the Havana cop car can be seen in it's final form in Cops and Robbers mode. Wrap your head around that :D
I can explain! There's 2 directories, and they're both for multiplayer levels. Wrap your head around that :D

Oh yeah, and not only that, but it seems they're on both Disc 1 AND 2 - I bet you the FMVs took up all the space, LOL.

True, but the second directory is named "MNLEVELS" suggesting that they are night time levels, and from what I can remember, Cops 'n' Robbers could only be played at daytime.
By Comando52Colton
Registration Days Posts
Alright I found a few cars:

Chicago:

Not sure if this is beta or not but what the hey:

Havana:

Just a pic of what the cop car looks like:

One of the Havana cars for some reason is really tall:

And the truck:

Anyone got anymore? :)
By DrShemp
Registration Days Posts Avatar
I uploaded a video that shows a little bit Rio and Las Vegas in the Multiplayer levels, and you can get the code in the description.
Here's the link for my video:

I actually didn't saw lots differences in it, just in the vegas cop's engine sound (same sound when you play in quick getaway, or in some missions, ect), and in some cars in Rio. You can search more with the codes I put in the description ;)
By MikuMikuCookie
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Friends Avatar
This is odd. I used the daytime Havana multiplayer code for Chicago's Survival and it placed me in Rio survival with derpy cops.
By Coyote
You guys have found out a lot of stuff about Driver 2! I remember me and my cousin always found something strange about the multiplayer cop car, but now that you guys mentioned it, it's true, the grill is bigger than the lights, instead of smaller.

Apart from that I never ever found something in Driver 2 I think, only some cars with unique colors or such :/ I hardly remember how I played the game or how I felt at the time. Maybe I should play it some day and some memories will come back. But I think the CD is so scratched, it isn't even possible to play it.

If I would finally manage to run the damn Playstation Emulator I would get a new copy of the game and run it on my Mac.
By Fireboyd78
Coyote wrote:Maybe I should play it some day and some memories will come back. But I think the CD is so scratched, it isn't even possible to play it..
I kid you not, I have the exact same problem with my copy of Driver 2. It's scratched worse than any other game I've ever owned.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]