Modding discussion for Driver 2.
By myblueocean
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
I was doing a search for Driver 2 on Amazon UK, I just noticed the game was never released for the PC. It wasn't as popular as the first I suppose. A lot more buggy too.

I only just recently played the playstation game. Playing it on the PS2, I selected the option of smooth texturing, I don't think it made a big difference. :roll:
TheOldGamer wrote: Even, if Driver 2 has been released for PC, it would be the best game forever, but it`s not.

umm.. no.

Just no.

And yeh... d2 wasnt release for pc. Nice find.
myblueocean wrote:I was doing a search for Driver 2 on Amazon UK, I just noticed the game was never released for the PC. It wasn't as popular as the first I suppose. A lot more buggy too.

I only just recently played the playstation game. Playing it on the PS2, I selected the option of smooth texturing, I don't think it made a big difference. :roll:
You just noticed that?
Wow.....you're sad.
its almost like comin out of nowhere:

HEY GUISE I FOUND A GAME CALLED GRAND THEFT AUTO ITS KINDA LIKE DRIVER>>>!!!

:D
By T.K.
Hey hey, guys, c'mon. It actually took me a little while to know this too because I never cared to pay attention. Be easy on the poor guy.
By Sedans
9 years is a big gap.

i havent followed sh*t from the beginning, yet still caught up on stuff pretty quick.
Oh no, I've had a copy of the PS version since I was eleven. I'm saying I didn't know that it was never released for the PC. I knew of the first one definately.

Not to mention by old PS one memory card no longer works, so if I play it, it's just take a ride in Havana or the other city I've forgotten. I don't think I'd purchase a memory card to play it again or anything not for now anyway.

Though still years ago, someone I knew said they saw a dustbin car or some sort of modified werid vehicle riding out of an alleyway. I don't know if that was just some glitch or a story... :shock:

I was a fan of Driver at a time, now I'm tip toeing around it. :?

On Amazon a PS Driver 2, anyone can purchase for a few a quid, £2-3, and as for the PC again, but it only costs 10P.

Looking back, some could say well Driver went wrong with 2, and not 3. But both games had their own good and bad even though the good was small in quantity. It was nice that you could get out of the car, and for three a little expanded, but not much changed.
T.K. wrote:I loved Driver 2. It was just as good as the first to me. The 3rd fucked up though.
Agreed. It would be greater if Driv3r wasn`t been released, but instead of it - Driver 2 version for PC. It would be awesome!
Driv3r can be credited with the car physics / damage, those are impressive even looking back at it. Ahead of it's time.

Driver 2 was suppose to be a lot better and improved than the first one. But it didn't turn out that way.

In certain ways Driver is still better than two, because it is the first one.

The series overall has always had a bumpy ride reputation.
myblueocean wrote:Driv3r can be credited with the car physics / damage, those are impressive even looking back at it. Ahead of it's time.

Driver 2 was suppose to be a lot better and improved than the first one. But it didn't turn out that way.

In certain ways Driver is still better than two, because it is the first one.

The series overall has always had a bumpy ride reputation.
Thats your opinion then, since i always got more entertainment from D2. Although D1 PSX was not bad.
jerking is a dance. Cool out.

its a play on words though. I say i like to jerk but yall think something perverted.

Biscaynes wrote:This game conveys something, a feeling, a theme, an atmosphere. It doesn't always take high polygons or hi-res textures to do that. It's more about art and design, really.
Its Just like one of those 70's Car Movies with a great theme.
Biscaynes wrote:Damn right!
Another thing you can maybe think about is that the Film director option in Driver 1 & 2 can be seen as a practice for camera work in maybe movies or a simple Youtube Video.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]