Modding discussion for Driver 2.
By Fireboyd78
Same thing as Driver 1, but this time the palettes are even HARDER to find. This sucks!

I hate extracting Driver 2 textures, lol. Next stop: Yellow GSX.
Last edited by Fireboyd78 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
By PostalDude
Dr. Doom wrote:Same thing as Driver 1, but this time the palettes are even HARDER to find. This sucks!

I hate extracting Driver 2 textures, lol. Next stop: Yellow GSX.
Holy ass....
This is awesome.
Keep up the awesome work.
By Fireboyd78
Attention all passengers, the 111 El Loco has arrived at GSX station.

w00t!
By T.K.
This is great! Keep at it!

Idea: See if you can switch the GSX palettes between the games.
By PostalDude
T.K. wrote:This is great! Keep at it!

Idea: See if you can switch the GSX palettes between the games.
Definitely. Try to replace the GSX textures in D1 with the D2 one.
By PostalDude
Only part that looks bad is the back.
And the erm "Yellow" looks like a cream/tan color, not yellow.Reflections should have worked on the texture more.
By T.K.
1. Fix up texture
2. Create model editor
3. ???
4. PROFIT!
By Fireboyd78
1. Fix up textures
2. Create model editor
3. Distribute awesome program
4. Get someone972 to integrate the 2 programs
5. Spread the word around
6. ???
7. PROFIT

lol
By Fireboyd78
I used PSicture to find this (inside of DATA/CARS/CCARS.RAW) -

Car graphic to be placed?!? WTF? I'm assuming one more secret car was planned...or something like that.
By Fireboyd78

I was messing around with the car modifier code and set it to 12, and THIS showed up. It has a horn, engine, AND moving wheels! I think this was a car that was supposed to be in the game, since it is just before the Yellow GSX, hence the "Car graphic to be placed" picture right before the GSX. LOL! It doesn't move, though, because the trailer is made for Caine's Compound (The trailers are on the sidewalk to make it look realistic). The cab, however, appears to be a once drivable object...sad.
By PostalDude
Dr. Doom wrote:snip

I was messing around with the car modifier code and set it to 12, and THIS showed up. It has a horn, engine, AND moving wheels! I think this was a car that was supposed to be in the game, since it is just before the Yellow GSX, hence the "Car graphic to be placed" picture right before the GSX. LOL! It doesn't move, though, because the trailer is made for Caine's Compound (The trailers are on the sidewalk to make it look realistic). The cab, however, appears to be a once drivable object...sad.
What does it sound like? Unique sounds, actually created for the vehicle? Holy sh*t!!
By Fireboyd78
The engine sound + horn is from the Armored Truck, I just haven't played in so long that I thought it was unique. It's funny to flip it, though (gameshark). xD
By PostalDude
Dr. Doom wrote:The engine sound + horn is from the Armored Truck, I just haven't played in so long that I thought it was unique. It's funny to flip it, though (gameshark). xD
Any way to remove the trailer? Is it apart of the model, or a seperate part, hooked up to it?
By Fireboyd78
I don't know if you have any animation software knowledge, but think of it like this - you create one object, then attack another object to it without making all the necessary adjustments, like welding vertices etc.

Basically, the trailer is a solid object, that is holding the truck down, because they are attached together. If the trailer wasn't there, there could be a 50% chance the truck would move. But alas, the truck is a moving object, and the trailer is a solid box. Stupid non-articulated trailer...
By Lost Account #3408
Dr. Doom wrote:Image

18 wheeler of Destruction FTW :twisted: . But aren't there some cars missing....since in chicago there are 9 types of cars and this Beast shows up at 12 ?
By Lost Account #3366
Trying to edit CHICAGO.LCF file may made driving this big truck possible.

PS: Yellow buick GSX just ported to D2, but a bit modified before releasing the game (it tells the car selection menu, it shows this yellow buick like it been on the the old Driver 1 Los-Angeles screenshots)

By Lost Account #3408
SOAP wrote:Trying to edit CHICAGO.LCF file may made driving this big truck possible.
How does that work than ?
By Lost Account #3366
SOAP wrote:How does that work than ?
I think collision dimensions for this truck is also in LCF file
but I doesn't know how to edit this file correctly. I have edited it randomly, and it's resulted new wheel size, new entry\exit point, and dimensions of collision model, suspension damping/force
By Lost Account #3408
SOAP wrote:
SOAP wrote:How does that work than ?
I think collision dimensions for this truck is also in LCF file
but I doesn't know how to edit this file correctly. I have edited it randomly, and it's resulted new wheel size, new entry\exit point, and dimensions of collision model, suspension damping/force
Ok, but even if you change those Dimensions, suspensions, etc....Doesn't the trailer always turn out as a problem ?

PS:If you can change it, could you put a ISO online for download ?
By Lost Account #3408
He i noticed something, look at this :
By Lost Account #3408
Dr. Doom wrote:What exactly am I looking at? I see a limo.
Well since this is kinda a hard one. Heres a Hint :
Image Take a Good guess.
By Fireboyd78
WAIT, are you talking about the fact it resembles a Cadillac? Particularly the one from Driver?
By Lost Account #3408
Dr. Doom wrote:WAIT, are you talking about the fact it resembles a Cadillac? Particularly the one from Driver?
Kinda, but more like..this Caddy:
By Fireboyd78
You do have a nice point there, Yuckster. Nice find!
By Lost Account #3408
I've Replaced the LCF & DEN files from Havana with the Demo Files, this results in strange Wheels positions wich i think are from vehicles that are in the LEV File from the demo that are not in the Final game.
By Highster11
Registration Days Posts Posts
I don`t think so, because simply the wheels aren`t on their correct bodies, I think.

P.S
Are you made the blue car with Google Sketch Up? The model look as a typical 3D Sketch model, same as the weird textures.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]