News related to Driver can be created and located in here.
By max.thunder
Cool! I had Driver 1 version for PC and it was pretty cool,the iPhone version looks better with more realism and better graphic engine
By Driver of DOOM
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Woo, finally something to wet my appetite, if only i had an iphone....
By Sedans
I have one. I dunno if I will waste the space to download it though, mainly because I can just pop in D1 into my PS2 if I wanted to play it. :D
By PostalDude
Cell phones suck,and people who talk on them while driving deserve to have the Mack R-600 from Mad Max plow their vehicle off a cliff.
By Wheelman75
PostalDude wrote:Cell phones suck,and people who talk on them while driving deserve to have the Mack R-600 from Mad Max plow their vehicle off a cliff.
Or how about a Mack DM-800?
By max.thunder
iPhone Driver gameplay
[youtube size=480X380]444K52Wl0Fs&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
By Wheelman75
Huh? Why'd they change everyone's voices? Also, what's with the radio stations? I don't remember those in the original Driver...
By Nikusakken
Yeah, they implemented a radio station in the game. And the voices were updated. Which is better as I hated the original voice acts in Driver.
By Driver of DOOM
Really, and you think those ones are better, oh well maybe its because I'm British!
By cleone
If only my mom got the IPhone she wanted. Dad got her a BlackBerry instead. This version of Driver looks better than the PC and PS1 version. :(
By cleone
Does anyone know of an emulator that could run this?
By Fireboyd78
You guys think you definitely need the iPhone for this? Well, the iTouch also can play this, so HA! Maybe people like me don't need to go off a cliff!

Well...I wish atleast...I wanted an iTouch for christmas :(
By cleone
Dr. Doom wrote:You guys think you definitely need the iPhone for this? Well, the iTouch also can play this, so HA! Maybe people like me don't need to go off a cliff!

Well...I wish atleast...I wanted an iTouch for christmas :(
You mean iPod Touch? Wish I had that, but I don't need it. I have a white 30GB Zune which I got for $99 (interesting story about how I got it too).
By Driver of DOOM
0.o no quick reply!

Oh well; I would buy one, if only every man and his dog wasn't buying it! I like Japanese ipod rip-offs because they are awesome, Mine has an FM transmitter which can wipe out any radio station for about 100m, rock on... I just hope they do one soon of the current nano, with the camera because that would definitely be something!
By parabolee
Registration Days
I have the iPhone version and it's a really really great version. However for me it has one fatal flaw that prevents me from playing it. NO DIRECTOR MODE!

The updated graphics are great and it runs very smoothly, and while I would prefer the original voice actors the radio stations are kinda cool. But without the ability save and direct my replays it feels kinda pointless.

To me Driver was all about great movie chase scenes and the ability to create them and experience them. I would hate to be playing the iPhone version and pull something amazing off only to know I will never be able to enjoy it again or direct it into a great replay video.

So I dusted off my PC copy and started playing again. Such a classic. I have the PS1 version too but the PC version is better, and easier to mod. I really only play survival with the cops modded to be a little les brutal and more fun (also I like the random weather too).
By Wheelman75
parabolee wrote:I have the iPhone version and it's a really really great version. However for me it has one fatal flaw that prevents me from playing it. NO DIRECTOR MODE!

The updated graphics are great and it runs very smoothly, and while I would prefer the original voice actors the radio stations are kinda cool. But without the ability save and direct my replays it feels kinda pointless.

To me Driver was all about great movie chase scenes and the ability to create them and experience them. I would hate to be playing the iPhone version and pull something amazing off only to know I will never be able to enjoy it again or direct it into a great replay video.

So I dusted off my PC copy and started playing again. Such a classic. I have the PS1 version too but the PC version is better, and easier to mod. I really only play survival with the cops modded to be a little les brutal and more fun (also I like the random weather too).
I agree with you, the PC version is better than the PSX version, plus you get to choose cars without having to use a Gameshark. However, the PSX version does have a few advantages over the PC version:

1. The PSX version has a better soundtrack.
2. Some of the missions are easier in the PSX version.
3. The cops/gangsters are easier to lose in the PSX version. The PC version is more finicky about police chases. If I try to outrun a cop/gangster in the PC version, another one instantly respawns to take his place. If I wreck all pursuing vehicles in the PC version, I have to wait a few seconds before I'm considered "lost". Come to think of it, that sorta reminds me of Driver: Parallel Lines.
By cleone
Wheelman75 wrote:
parabolee wrote:I have the iPhone version and it's a really really great version. However for me it has one fatal flaw that prevents me from playing it. NO DIRECTOR MODE!

I agree with you, the PC version is better than the PSX version, plus you get to choose cars without having to use a Gameshark. However, the PSX version does have a few advantages over the PC version:

1. The PSX version has a better soundtrack.
2. Some of the missions are easier in the PSX version.
3. The cops/gangsters are easier to lose in the PSX version. The PC version is more finicky about police chases. If I try to outrun a cop/gangster in the PC version, another one instantly respawns to take his place. If I wreck all pursuing vehicles in the PC version, I have to wait a few seconds before I'm considered "lost". Come to think of it, that sorta reminds me of Driver: Parallel Lines.
It's called changing the cop difficulty. :roll:
By cleone
I wonder if Someone398574925724 could convert the graphics. That would be nice.
By Wheelman75
cleone wrote:It's called changing the cop difficulty. :roll:
No seriously, I have the cop difficulty set to "Easy" & the game does that. However, if a cop/gangster spawns on another road where he can't reach me so easily, I just wait a few seconds & they're lost.
By cleone
Wheelman75 wrote:
cleone wrote:It's called changing the cop difficulty. :roll:
No seriously, I have the cop difficulty set to "Easy" & the game does that. However, if a cop/gangster spawns on another road where he can't reach me so easily, I just wait a few seconds & they're lost.
It's called a programming fart. They developers messed up when programming the game. This also lands under the category of a glitch. :roll:
By T.K.
Or (God forbid) that's how they made it :O
By Wheelman75
Though there is one advantage to the cop chases in the PC version: There's now a maximum of 4 cops at maximum Felony in Take A Ride mode, which makes the chases a bit more exciting. Not to mention you can alter the Maximum Cops setting & add gangster cars in Take A Ride.
By cleone
T.K. wrote:Or (God forbid) that's how they made it :O
I doubt that. I am sure it is a glitch. Think about it, the PS1 version came out AFTER the PC version. Think about it, why wouldn't it be in the PlayStation version? Because they found the glitch and corrected it. :P
By cleone
Nikusakken wrote:
cleone wrote:he PS1 version came out AFTER the PC version.
PS1: July 8, 1999
PC: October 11, 1999

Surely after...
Err... actually release dates are varied depending on the site you visit. It's such an old game that no one actually remembers and just guesses. It's actually the copyright info that gives you the legit year of the game.

PC version completion: 1998
PS1 Completion 1999
By Wheelman75
Nikusakken wrote:
cleone wrote:he PS1 version came out AFTER the PC version.
PS1: July 8, 1999
PC: October 11, 1999

Surely after...
According to my check, the PSX version came out June 30, 1999 (USA)/July 2, 1999 (EU), & the PC version came out September 10, 2000 (USA)/October 13, 2000 (EU).
cleone wrote: PC version completion: 1998
PS1 Completion 1999
Really? If so, this could mean that the game started out for PC. I could be wrong, though.

Hi. I saw in Helegad's thread about beta stuff in […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg