Modding discussion for Driver.
By RacingFreak
WARNING: This is all just speculation. There might be faults and errors, I only used early driver pictures to help me through. Since there was no MK3 grill and MK2 rear boot I had to recreate these myself.

I've spent these two days to follow and accurately represent how the Buick GSX made it's way from the MK1 Skylark—initial miami car which is also seen in what i believe the earliest ever driver pictures.

Enough text, now for the actual evolution!

I think there isn't better way to demonstrate it. Infact, the final Skylarks (both PSX and PC) are heavily edited versions of the very first Skylark. I have now created easy to use base of the Skylark based upon the actual beta model so it hopefully be released in shortly! :specialdriver:
By Fireboyd78
You mixed up the Buick GSX MK1 and MK2. It's the other way around.

Here's the proper transformation:

By RacingFreak
I have started the process chronologically, nothing wrong here. How are you sure the MK1 Buick GSX uses final PSX headlights? First was the LA version btw. All I had in mind to show is how textures evoluted into Buick GSX then all of sudden they made three steps backwards and remastered MK1 Skylark textures.
By Fireboyd78
Look at this picture:

The yellow GSX has the final version's tail lights. Those tail lights were always associated with the final PSX grille. Simple as that.
By Coyote
CarLuver69 wrote:Look at this picture:

The yellow GSX has the final version's tail lights. Those tail lights were always associated with the final PSX grille. Simple as that.
Exactly!

And BTW, do you have a link to this video? It's the video I was talking about earlier in the other thread. I love this car :)
By 0takumetalhead
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Am i happy that they gave us the beta car in D2 (or at least a look-a-like). Final psx version is a beauty if you ask me.
By Fireboyd78
Coyote wrote:And BTW, do you have a link to this video? It's the video I was talking about earlier in the other thread. I love this car :)
Unfortunately I don't think this existed in video form. It's probably a screenshot that Reflections sent out to various game sites at the time, like IGN and GameSpot to name a couple.
By RacingFreak
Yep it never existed in video/gameplay form, so all we can do is sit in front of all the beta pics and think which was first, followed by and so on ;)

I will do the new renders asap, this time they will feature wheels in their respective form aswell :)
By Coyote
Yep it did exist in a video, I'm searching it right now :) Very rare unfortunately, just like the ones that were on Driver-Dimension, but sadly all links are down :?
By Fireboyd78
Are you positive this existed in a video? If so, that would have to be a very rare find, since I've never seen it.
By Coyote
Yes, I believe it was even in 2 videos. One I remember that it was just gameplay from different cars / scenes / cities, amongst them you saw this car drifting across the streets of LA. It was raining BTW.

And I don't know why but I have a video with Martin Edmondson in my head as well, where he's talking, and they show this car drifting in the rain. Maybe he was talking about another Driver game (maybe around the time DSF came out) and then he started talking about the roots and this clips were shown.

I just browsed the GameSpot pics and the picture of the real video are there.

There's some pictures which are "standalone", for example this one:

It's one of the press pics that everyone knows, and that is found everywhere. The pics before or after have no relation to it.

Then there's sometimes a succession of pictures with the same car, in the same location, that's the pictures that have been taken from a video. Like the beta yellow/black GSX in Miami, or this picture which was taken from the very very short TV ad for the game:

This one was on Driver-Dimension but the link to the video (which was hosted on another site) is dead sadly. I can't find this ad anymore either. I remember this huge flip, I never managed to do such a thing by just simply crashing into a car haha!
By max.thunder
That sucks, i really wanted to see that kind of vids, like the one with Martin talking.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]