Modding discussion for Driver.
So I found the textures for the Beta PSX GSX thanks to RacingFreak's post in . I took those textures and attempted to slap them on top of the default PC textures. I know that there is already a GSX on here, but that one didn't have any damage so I decided to take advantage of these textures. I've only done the clean textures since it is 2:38 in the damn morning and I'm about to fall asleep. In Photoshop, the different pieces sized up almost perfectly. However, the front and back have lost some detail due to the PC version being in halves with the textures (I have no idea why). So of course, these will not be as high quality as the original PSX version, but its just an attempt. Anyways, although the textures are perfect, the model fucks it all up. Just a few differences in the models throws a good majority of the texture off. Anyways, tomorrow I will continue with the damage textures and post those. Honestly, I think the attempt turned out halfway decent, then again you guys might thinks otherwise. Here are some screenshots and at the bottom of this post will be the texture file for you to import with the DTE.
^ Shows the reduced rear detail during the conversion. Also, if anyone can help me with that obnoxious HUD glitch, that would be great.
^ Shows imperfections in the hood lines.
^ The car actually looks good from a distance, thus why I said it was halfway decent.
^ Notice the indents between the grille and the bumper. Also, the front lights are touching the edges.
^ Another distant picture where it looks decent.

DOWNLOAD
Actually I have done the same thing including the damage using the original textures and posted it here together with the Alpha Buick: http://drivermadness.net/forum/viewtopi ... &start=135 (But I only can find the Alpha Buick :? )

Edit: You can download my version here (it is really the same as what cleone posted, but mine uses the original bumper textures and has some extras stuff in it): http://drivermadness.net/forum/download ... l&df_id=20
Last edited by RaceCarDriver on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ok I have uploaded it to the downloads database(Link not available, need to wait for Admin/Mod to approve first). Stay tuned as this pack will contain a little "surprise". I will post the link here after it is out for download. :wink:
bb_42001 wrote:it is approved however you need to reupload the file, it is showing a 0kbs, and i test download shows it never uploaded properly, please edit the file and try again
Ok I reuploaded it. The old one can be deleted away since it is an fail upload.
Here I present you all with the Beta Buicks Texture Pack:
Included are:
1. Yellow Buick GSX - Miami and Desert Training
2. Newcastle Beta Buick Skylark - San Francisco
3. Alpha Buick GSX- Los Angeles and Iview Carpark
4. Desert Training Beta Red Buick Skylark - New York
You will need Driver Texture Editor to import the textures.
Download: http://drivermadness.net/forum/download ... l&df_id=20
sorry for bumping an old thread, but I can't download the file, it seems to be corrupt now :c And I couldn't find the yellow GSX textures anywhere else either.
I adapted the textures I found here in the forums to the LA level (some bits are different from Miami) in case anyone's interested :roll:
Image Image Image Image
credits to Cleone and RacingFreak of course :wink:
I'm wondering a few things, the yellow GSX exists both in the PSX and the PC version of the game? It seems like this one is based on the PC version of the default car. Is it possible to get the textures from the PSX version, in case they're still there? I always preferred the PSX car with the round taillights, imagine THAT car with the yellow textures :D Maybe it's hidden somewhere in Driver PS1 :P
Yes how did I dare to ask, jesus christ how can I not know that! :lol:

Seriously calm down… I thought this is a PC version of the car as it has the tail lights of the PC version, and not the ones of the PS1 version, hence why I asked… *facepalm* Jesus christ my life is worthless, I didn't know there's no PC beta yellow GSX in a 14 year old game, jesus christ! :shock:
... wat.

Ok its fine that you dont know that but i guess you just didnt know about the fact it was totally cut (except of the model) from PSX and PC versions and only appear in Euro Demo issue. The PC beta skylark also exist along a red skylark.
To translate RacingFreak's gibberish, the yellow Buick GSX was cut from all versions of the game, both on the PS1 and PC. Why? They changed the textures. Same model, different textures. What does that mean? Yellow GSX textures are gone forever. Until the beta demo came around - then we saved them! :D
They made 2 or more Yellow GSX textures apparently. Here's a screenshot of the Yellow Buick with the round tail lights :P (and no hubcaps) in the LA pictures. If anyone found that texture hidden somewhere, it would totally rock! I hate the round tail lights but I want that grill that looks like teeth :mrgreen:
http://www.drivergarage.i8.com/GSX.htm
I'm guessing both beta yellow GSX textures were made for the one that ended up being the PSX Skylark model. The PC Skylark model is a messed up piece of sh*t, just check the side windows, they dont even fit on the doors, and the roof texture is used on the trunk and one of the sides next to the window :x
Ok wait, I know about two models: the default Miami car in the PSX version and the default Miami car in the PC version. I think their only main different is the back: the PSX version has round tail lights, whereas the PC version has flat, square ones.

But maybe I'm wrong and the default Miami car in the PC version is a completely different one. Because I see a completely different model in the iPhone version, might be the same as in the PC version. Then maybe it was in the Mac version where you had almost the same car as in the PS1 version, but with flat tail lights.

And then I know two textures. The violet-greyish one (ugly) which we all know, and the yellow/black one. We've seen the grey one applied to all of these cars, and the yellow/black one I've seen it applied mainly to the version with the flat tail lights (as seen in the texture pics above), and I've also seen it with round tail lights in a video.

Where's the red one BTW? Would be interesting to see :) I always thought there was also a black one. It's when you go in the settings (PS1) to set the screen position. But I think it's just the lightning, because mine too sometimes looked black.
k9Underdogg wrote:They made 2 or more Yellow GSX textures apparently. Here's a screenshot of the Yellow Buick with the round tail lights :P (and no hubcaps) in the LA pictures. If anyone found that texture hidden somewhere, it would totally rock! I hate the round tail lights but I want that grill that looks like teeth :mrgreen:
http://www.drivergarage.i8.com/GSX.htm
I'm guessing both beta yellow GSX textures were made for the one that ended up being the PSX Skylark model. The PC Skylark model is a messed up piece of sh*t, just check the side windows, they dont even fit on the doors, and the roof texture is used on the trunk and one of the sides next to the window :x

THANK YOU!!! This is what I meant ;)

This is the real Miami car, with round tail lights!! I know I've seen this in a Los Angeles clip, it was a video where the car drifts to the left. And it's exactly this car, those textures, round lights. I will try to find the clip again! Maybe it was also one of those demo replays that are in the game itself…

EDIT: Judging by your site, the flat tail lights were PSX too, but beta PSX. The round ones were for Los Angeles PSX maybe. In the final version, the front of the beta Miami PSX was taken, and mixed with the back of the beta LA PSX. Finally, this car was put in Miami as the default car.
RacingFreak wrote:...somehow with normals problems in front and bugged UV map...
It is not a "normals" issue, for the millionth time. There is literally a missing piece of the mesh. I've double triple quadruple confirmed the face was deleted, not flipped backwards.
I've seen one PC demo and it didn't seem to have any strange hidden stuff, at least browsing the files with the texture editor. I guess they cleaned everything up by then since the PC version demo came after the final PSX game (I think, I might be wrong).
Last edited by k9Underdogg on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
The beta demo was released in Europe only. It's a one-of-a-kind and features 2 replays of the Yellow GSX in action. You cannot play it; however, the Driver engine is running in real-time! That meant we could take a savestate of the game while it was running, extract textures, and voila! Beta GSX!

There was no PC version or any other version of this beta demo released. It is truly one-of-a-kind, a very rare gem owned by very few gamers. PSX only.
So there is a beta demo and a non-beta demo? I mean it isn't unusual for a demo to have some changes to the final version, that's why the "beta" word always confuses me :P What I want to know is if there was a demo for PC. For Mac I know there was a demo. Is that a beta-demo too then? This is so confusing :lol:

And the thing about real-time… that's very interesting. You know I thought something similar last time I watched a replay I did in DSF. I think it works the same way, because it's so weird. The car moves like a robot, as if it was totally scripted. (as if I was drawing a path, and the computer would make the car run this path in the replay). I guess it works the same way in Driver 1, obviously wasn't done as well in DSF because of the stupid robotic look.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]