Modding discussion for Driver.
By RacingFreak
Heavily based off real Beta Nova model, here comes the first Australian muscle car release for Driver :specialdriver:

Currently I just got needed photos, will start the photoshop work later.

Update 14/03/2011
Released version 1. Replacement for Nova 'Car Number 7'. Enjoy!
release_v1.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by RacingFreak on Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By RacingFreak
The Renault 4L is cancelled for now. I scrapped it for the model being so much high poly. Don`t worry, I`ll have to test few things on Milkshape, just noticed how much great features it does have, just like DirectX mesh tool ;)
By RacingFreak
That for custom wheels, not yet, I will have to wait until Someone972 releases updates of Driver modding tools. Then, hell yeah, we may have it ;)

Updates on the Monaro:
Ignore the flaws, I still need to work on both UV map and textures, don`t worry that`s not final yet ;)
By Clutch
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
It will be great.
Wait wait....
Rear lights, front grill... it looks very similar to D2 Chicago default car, which is called by fans as Cutlass 440. Doesn't it?
By RacingFreak
I don`t remember any Cutlass 440 in Driver 2, but I find it similar to New York`s front texture of it`s traffic cars.

Back then, I think it`s different Monaro from which I got screenshots. But since the one I got are the best ones, I wouldn`t be changing them. Currently finishing Photshop work and model modifying (the Beta Nova model had some flaws, I managed to get rid of them quickly ;)
By RacingFreak
Well, I just extracted actual Beta model of Nova (using that HEX method I discovered) and edited it (now.. I noticed something very nice - it even had detailed wheel arcs, as you know how default cars have to look like)

But I re-did these arcs with default Driver car`s style. Still, need to fix the whole front before finish the car. By far, the textures came out excellent, especially these I used :wink:

About the Renault 4L, yes, I have in mind really low down the polies and release it then. Will be nice if I ever succeed doing that, since it will be the first ever Need for Speed: Nitro released car for any game. Exclusive for Driver ;)
By Fireboyd78
carking1996 wrote:Why not fix those gaps in the car? :)
Those are not gaps. Those are the parts that get lifted up when the car gets damaged...
By RacingFreak
Clutch wrote:I think you should use higher resolution texture for front.
I know.. but, I`ll tell y`all I didn`t used it. That in next tutorial - how to make damage model WORKING on a custom car model. I was just out of curiousity to show you this:
What you see? Damage textures and damage model are fully working. Textures aren`t shown as damaged, just because I still didn`t completed them, but what is most important - THEY ARE WORKING.
By RacingFreak
Geez, delayed it. Just noticed Chevelle replacement will be way better and realistic. Not even to say, how nicely the lights set originally for the Chevelle can fit the Monaro GTS.

Probably tommorow will find more time to finally put it here, as I remember the whole day I was fixing the UV map. Duh!
By RacingFreak
Oh, that converting into Chevelle`s base drives me hard, so I`ll release the old one tomorrow. Will be a Nova replacement, back then.

I`ll take my time later porting it to Chevelle, as it will require model tweaking and improvements.
By RacingFreak
Finally released. Check my first post to download it. Enjoy!

In next version - proper damage textures, replacement for the Chevelle, instead Nova. Will also have additional textures, from another versions of Holden Monaro.
By HQ GTS COUPE
Registration Days
Hi im new to this site and cant get any of downloaded programs to work or find tuttorials how to convert cars to driver1 oh got wings3d to work but no driver pluggin.any help as i would like to start converting aussie cars to driver.all i find is pictures and movies of other peoples work but no tuttorials..also where could i get the hx gts texture or blue prints as id like to make 1 from scrach.thanks Cameron
By Clutch
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
first - use theez foockin signs! I dunno what you said.
secondly - on each board is beautiful button "Search". It can open doors to a lot of tuts, downloads and stuff for you. Just klick and search.
By benflex
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
@RacingFreak yes true, by the way did you finally find a way to implement damade textures on custom models? I would be curious to see it...

Hey, is that for really enabling Bodysnatchers che[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4