Modding discussion for Driver.
By someone972
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
EDIT: This patch has been outdated as of (8/22/11). The newest patch will be released with my model importer. SOAP appears to have lost interest or is too busy to make tools, so don't be bothering him to make it :wink: .

You can download it here. You probably can't do much with it right now, until SOAP gets his importer updated. You can play driver normally with the default cars though, and if you find any bugs please report it.

It should be noted that this will break the old exe, and that you should start with fresh level files before using it.
Last edited by someone972 on Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
By slyda
Registration Days
Thank you very much for works and release,you are the bomb!
hope the importer releases soon and then high poly :specialdriver: :mrgreen:
By Clutch
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
SOAP - can you write plugins for another programs, for example for 3ds max, zanoza modeler or blender? ... Because my computer has problems with Milkshape...
By RacingFreak
Don`t forget to name all the models, please! You will kill me if you`ll not do it! :lol:

Also as for the plugin for another program... I don`t think it`s needed at all for now. Milkshape is great program, too, although it simply is related at another genre models (Action, RPG and Arcade one), instead of Zmodeler.
By someone972
It may be possible for me to finish up my obj importer, or at least get into a usable state, if there is enough demand for it. I must warn that it will be probably be error prone for a while compared to the dmodel format though, as it has to parse the files.

EDIT:
Also, regarding custom wheels; The functionality for changing which wheel is used is built into the exe now, but the tools to add wheels are not yet made. It's a pretty simple process consisting of adding 1-4 named models (see below) to the level, then adding their names to another file. The only problem that prevents adding wheels is where to put the wheel textures. I will be working on figuring out how to add more images to the levels for this purpose.

For wheel models you can add:
1. Just a clean wheel model
2. A clean wheel and fast wheel model
3. A clean, fast, and damaged wheel model (damaged models aren't used on civcars)

You can also change the hubcaps for playercars.
Last edited by someone972 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
By RacingFreak
Yay! I can use it with Zmodeler 2 now!

And, that we`ll need to have now is - Driver PS1 and Driver 2 texture editor 8)
someone972 wrote: Also, regarding custom wheels; The functionality for changing which wheel is used is built into the exe now, but the tools to add wheels are not yet made. It's a pretty simple process consisting of adding 1-4 named models (see below) to the level, then adding their names to another file. The only problem that prevents adding wheels is where to put the wheel textures. I will be working on figuring out how to add more images to the levels for this purpose.

For wheel models you can add:
1. Just a clean wheel model
2. A clean wheel and fast wheel model
3. A clean, fast, and damaged wheel model (damaged models aren't used on civcars)

You can also change the hubcaps for playercars.
Nice! If we can add new images and models to the .lev files, later... CUTE! :shock:
I`d think that, we`ll get full Driver modding soon :D
By Fireboyd78
You could just use those DRIVER posters and some of the completely blank textures for new wheels...
By Bakimaster91
Registration Days
Hi!

I am using Your vertex fix, however one of the cars has bad shining effect, looks like a mix of shining and non shining blocks on it. Others are good I think, and great job :D
By someone972
That's a known issue, which I'd like to fix but I currently don't have time to work on anything. Good to know people are still using it though!
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]