75%
I can get by alright.
25%
It's confusing and difficult to use.
No votes
0%
By Clutch
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Btw, CarLuver, what about your UV fix pack? I see you're busy recently... Don't you wanna give me it to finish up?
By LeoMSantos
Registration Days Avatar
More textures (needing UV Mapping fix too :twisted: )

Challenger:

NYPD Cop Car Textures from SWAT 4 Game Static Objects:

Driv3r Miami Cop Car AI and Player Textures (with some bugs on AI... wrong bitmaps? :P)
By Fireboyd78
Clutch wrote:Btw, CarLuver, what about your UV fix pack? I see you're busy recently... Don't you wanna give me it to finish up?
Oh yeah...about that. I've been lazy. I promise to work on it some more when I get the time.
By Clutch
I still repeat - if you haven't time or mood, just give it to me, I'd love to finish it. ;)
By k9Underdogg
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Driv3r Miami Cop Car AI and Player Textures (with some bugs on AI... wrong bitmaps? :P)
That car looks so awesome!! I totally want it, having the Driv3r cop car in Driver 1 is a great idea :D
By LeoMSantos
Registration Days Avatar
k9Underdogg wrote:
IMG
IMG
That car looks so awesome!! I totally want it, having the Driv3r cop car in Driver 1 is a great idea :D
Take a look... the textures in action :D
By k9Underdogg
Cool video!!! :D You are making new missions and a new storyline, right? that's awesome!!
I noticed that the damaged traffic cars looked weird, it must be a problem with the palettes and stuff. Remember you have to export and import the textures as 8 bit for the traffic cars (you can just fix it by using a backup Miami LVL file, exporting the textures as 8-bit, opening it with MS Paint, pasting your new texture into it, saving and importing it again with DTE).
By Clutch
It's better to get IrfanView, open the original tex, export the palette to separate .pal file, edit the texture as 24-bit one, open the new one in IV, decrease palette to 8-bit, and import the palette which exported before editing.
By Fireboyd78
Clutch wrote:It's better to get IrfanView, open the original tex, export the palette to separate .pal file, edit the texture as 24-bit one, open the new one in IV, decrease palette to 8-bit, and import the palette which exported before editing.
That sounds really confusing, lol.
By someone972
If you are only replacing cop textures you should just be able to use the DTE, just select only the textures that belong to the cop car and have the cop car palette selected, then import a 24-bit bitmap. It should generate a palette that matches the 24-bit bitmap as closely as possible. I haven't used it in a long time though, so maybe this doesn't work as well as I remember.
By k9Underdogg
Oh it didn't work for me with 24-bit pictures for the AI cops for some reason :P only 8-bit.
By LeoMSantos
Registration Days Avatar
Clutch wrote:It's better to get IrfanView, open the original tex, export the palette to separate .pal file, edit the texture as 24-bit one, open the new one in IV, decrease palette to 8-bit, and import the palette which exported before editing.
It works, thank you! :specialdriver:

Only stay with UV mapping issues... :P
By k9Underdogg
just bumping the thread :P
Here's a 1997 Ford Crown Victoria to replace the taxi. Already uploaded, awaiting aproval :specialdriver:

EDIT: Also uploaded my old Bel Air to the downloads section, it comes in blue and red:
By k9Underdogg
Here's a 1954 Mercedes 300 SL to replace the red Ferrari, already uploaded :wink:

By k9Underdogg
of course not, that would be awesome!! :D have fun!
By k9Underdogg
I made 2 new texture mods.
The first one here is a car inspired by the latest Dodge Charger (I was going to make the actual Charger but it looked too blocky so I changed it a little). It replaces the gray Nova.

And the second one is a pizza delivery car. When you crash it, it gets covered in cheese and tomato! :mrgreen:

I've already uploaded both :specialdriver:
By PrototypeDriver
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Friends Avatar
k9Underdogg wrote:I made 2 new texture mods.
The first one here is a car inspired by the latest Dodge Charger (I was going to make the actual Charger but it looked too blocky so I changed it a little). It replaces the gray Nova.

And the second one is a pizza delivery car. When you crash it, it gets covered in cheese and tomato! :mrgreen:

wow man
i don't know but the 1st car for me says "i'm powerfull!!!".
Man, i move you to "car creator for M.K.R."
you really deserve it man ;)
i always see your works and what i see it's epicness :D
so, would you like to share with me the 1st car? if you don't want no problems :) i understand that :)
By k9Underdogg
yeah, thanks a lot !!!! :D and sure, use it for whatever you want, I'd love to see it in action in some of your works. Like your videos that are beyond awesome!
By PrototypeDriver
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Friends Avatar
k9Underdogg wrote:yeah, thanks a lot !!!! :D and sure, use it for whatever you want, I'd love to see it in action in some of your works. Like your videos that are beyond awesome!
very good so! ;D
By 0takumetalhead
k9Underdogg wrote:I made 2 new texture mods.

This one, only texture mod I do want to use on the taxi, Mind = blown.
By k9Underdogg
I made this Checker to replace the green T-Bird :roll:
Uploaded to downloads.
By Coyote
One thing I didn't get is why do you guys put textures from one car over the model of another? For example that checker, why not import a checker model? It could be even better :)
By k9Underdogg
Well there's a very simple answer to that: I have no clue how to do that :P (and too lazy/busy to learn right now). But other guys here do. And yes, it does look better, it's more hard work of course but there's already quite a few car mods that have their own model, in this site, and they look AWESOME.
-Also because I personally don't mind the not-so-realistic look of the car since I can make the texture pretty quick just to drive something that pretty much looks like a Checker in the game. And if it looks decent I might post it here.
I hope this comment didn't sound agressive, lol :roll:
By Coyote
No it didn't, don't worry :)

And yes that explains it I guess. I've seen people doing it on Driver-Dimension (I think mainly Skylabh?) and it looks really good. I thought it was easy to do, basically just importing the 3D model somehow. Of course if you're going to model it yourself it is extra work.

And don't get me wrong, I do like that Checker :)

Hi. I saw in Helegad's thread about beta stuff in […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg