Discussion for Driver: Parallel Lines (2006)

Which era were the songs better?

83%
17%
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
Yup, '78 is much better. Lots of funk and alot of the songs are both fun yet calming to a degree.

As for '06, thier's some good tunes but for the most part I didn't like it. It had to much rap and whatnot. And I dunno, going from old-school music to modern music made me appreciate some of the stuff from the past. So yeah, '78 get's my vote, but where's the poll?
By madness
I just added a poll to this post so we can all vote.
Me, I haven't really decided which was best.

I've been put in a similar position as I did with driv3r on the xbox to pc transition where I preferred Miami in the xbox version and nice in the Pc version.

Well in Driver: Parallel Lines I preferred the music in the *78 era on the xbox version and the *06 era in the pc release. I think it's due to a slight change in the music and spending too much time on 1978 in the xbox release.

So at the moment I cannot really decide.
By TannerDRiVER
Registration Days Posts
In 2006 quite good music, but all I voted for ' 78. Really in modern New York I liked only 4 songs, and in 1978 almost all. So... 1978.
By Coyote
I prefer the music in 2006, but some of the songs in 78 or not bad.
By Skeleton
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
madness wrote:I just added a poll to this post so we can all vote.
Me, I haven't really decided which was best.

I've been put in a similar position as I did with driv3r on the xbox to pc transition where I preferred Miami in the xbox version and nice in the Pc version.

Well in Driver: Parallel Lines I preferred the music in the *78 era on the xbox version and the *06 era in the pc release. I think it's due to a slight change in the music and spending too much time on 1978 in the xbox release.

So at the moment I cannot really decide.
thanks for adding the poll i didn't know how to do it :roll:
By Officer Tanner
Registration Days Posts Posts
I don't like the soundtrack on either eras. But 78 has Pick Up The Pieces, which I think is quite a cool song. So 78 it is.
By Tyla
Registration Days
1978, you can't beat Iggy Pop with Neighbourhood Threat, 'Im Tired', 'Peaches' and 'Ill bet you' by Funkadelic
By nitrored
and whats sad is that i know more songs from 78' than 06' :? :roll: :oops: :) :lol: :o :P :oops:
i really dont know, i like both soul and rap :roll:
By Tanner1970
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
1978 because i love funk!
By bryand751
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
the best song in 06 is adicted to speed the ones in the 70's are smash it up,
one way or another,and low rider.

p.s ding pies are donnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Daltarin-Elite
I say addicted to speed is the ONLY good song in 06.
70's music is great, soul, funk, and best of all OLD SCHOOL ROCK.
By lookatme123
Registration Days Posts Avatar
easy question 1978 of coarse
By Coyote
Why of course ? I prefer the music in 06 …

D-E ~~> Addicted to Speed is a song by DJ Paul Oakenfold, that guy was here, where I live (in a club you know, playing music).
By karliczek10
Registration Days Posts Posts
2006 because if u get wii version u get more songs and plus theres techno and i luv techno music XD
By cleone
2006. I'm addicted to speed! That Yeah Yeah Yeahs song is also a good song.
By Clutch
I really like '78, it's nice soundtrack to listen while workin' on PC to. However, one or two tracks from '06 I liked too.

drift, I suppose you've forgotten Charles Wright & The Watts 103rd Street Rhythm Band - Express Yourself. :P
btw, lol, whatta long name of a band (I know, there are one artist and one band, but however :P)
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]