Discussion for Driver: Parallel Lines (2006)
By somebodynamed
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
i noticed that the ps2 version of the game has way more songs than the pc, were they cut from the game when the pc port was released?
By unbid
Registration Days Posts Avatar
somebodynamed wrote:is there a way to get them back in?
If you can get the console audio files, then yes, you can.

Shame that most of the cut songs are good.
By helegad
I'm guessing the console and PC versions share the same XA encoding format... if that's the case, it would be a simple matter to restore the files. However, getting the game to use them is a different matter. I don't know how to find out if the game looks for them, doesn't find them, and moves on, or has been re-coded to only use the remaining music.
By somebodynamed
helegad wrote:I'm guessing the console and PC versions share the same XA encoding format... if that's the case, it would be a simple matter to restore the files. However, getting the game to use them is a different matter. I don't know how to find out if the game looks for them, doesn't find them, and moves on, or has been re-coded to only use the remaining music.
but how would we get the files out of the disk?
By helegad
PostalDude wrote:Looks like i'll have to spoonfeed......download the missing tracks from compilation/soundtrack torrents, use WAV2XA on them. I did this 6 years ago.
The solution should be obvious by now.
Somehow I doubt this works. I can convert my entire music library to XA and then put it in the Parallel Lines music folder, but that doesn't mean Parallel Lines will play any of it. Then again, you might be right, but who cares? You're an asshole and I wouldn't trust you as far as I could throw you.
somebodynamed wrote:but how would we get the files out of the disk?
Easy... for Xbox anyway. Dump your Parallel Lines disk to ISO or a directory, and transfer it to your PC. This assumes you have a modded Xbox with the right utility, of course. This way, you can avoid piracy and re-encoding music files, again, provided PC and Xbox share the same XA encoding format.
By PostalDude
helegad wrote:
PostalDude wrote:Looks like i'll have to spoonfeed......download the missing tracks from compilation/soundtrack torrents, use WAV2XA on them. I did this 6 years ago.
Somehow I doubt this works. I can convert my entire music library to XA and then put it in the Parallel Lines music folder, but that doesn't mean Parallel Lines will play any of it. Then again, you might be right, but who cares? You're an asshole and I wouldn't trust you as far as I could throw you.
Whoa, easy there, Assmad McGee, you're liable to have an aneurysm.
What part of "I did this 6 years ago" don't you understand? It works fine:
I may be an asshole, but at least i'm not an idiot.
The Xbox method is easier (you don't have to track down umpteen different torrents), but I didn't feel like spoonfeeding that :^)
You actually still have to re-encode them, (convert to WAV, then back to XA), otherwise the game will just skip over it. Pretty funny considering the Xbox .XAs can be played in various media players, but the PC version of DPL doesn't like whatever encoding method the Xbox .XAs use by default.
By Skylabh
helegad wrote:... You're an asshole and I wouldn't trust you as far as I could throw you.
PostalDude wrote:...Whoa, easy there, Assmad McGee, you're liable to have an aneurysm.
I expected this. PostalDude and Helegad, both of you guys need to stop this crap. You look like two little kids in a school. It's a forum damn it. I don't care who started first. Both of you need to calm down a bit. Or bans might happen. And this topic could be also locked. So i hope i made myself clear. Thanks.
By Skylabh
The atmosphere here tends to be unpleasant sometimes. Btw, a member should not insult another member, but attitudes are not ready to change I think.
By helegad
I'll quit getting nasty if he quits the holier-than-thou attitude prevalent in every post he writes. You wanna wave the banhammer around Skylabh, be my guest, I'll accept that, it just means I can't contribute anymore. I've spoken to you about this previously, and that's really all I can do, anything more is your prerogative.
By bb_42001
Ok guys, Time to get back on topic. And please both of you please be a bit nicer to each other. I know postal you are like that all the time, And Helegad dont take offence over it, Its just how he is. Now please. Back on topic

bb42001

Noodles

By helegad
bb_42001 wrote:I know postal you are like that all the time
Oh, I guess that makes it all kosher then.

PostalDude's attitude has driven people away from your forums, BB, and that's okay with you because of his "veteran" status and his post count (90% of which is snarky bullsh** that helps no-one and contributes nothing to the conversation)? I don't need a ban to leave these forums. There isn't particularly much integrity left here anyway.
By bb_42001
helegad wrote:
bb_42001 wrote:I know postal you are like that all the time
Oh, I guess that makes it all kosher then.

PostalDude's attitude has driven people away from your forums, BB, and that's okay with you because of his "veteran" status and his post count (90% of which is snarky bullsh** that helps no-one and contributes nothing to the conversation)? I don't need a ban to leave these forums. There isn't particularly much integrity left here anyway.
OK mate, thats not cool, i have banned postal a few times, and i could give a flying F if he has a lot of posts, i have just learned not to let him start me up, once you get started up and fire back he fires back to then it becomes a full blown war, Hence why i said ignore him. As for the integrity of the forums that honestly is your choice, In my opinion this place is a lot better then most boards out there, just unfortunately as Driver isnt in the gaming eye much any more its popularity has dwindled, Which i am taking steps to breath new life into Driver Madness.

Ps: I no-where mentioned banning you or wanting to ban you, Nor do i have any intention to ban you Helegad

bb42001

Noodles

By unbid
Registration Days Posts Avatar
Back to topic:

Does anyone have a list on what songs that are cut from console version of the game? My friends gave me some cut song files but they are incomplete (mostly the 2006 songs are incomplete). I recognized some of the songs that are cut, but I need the full list to make sure that I don't miss a thing.
By Skylabh
unbid wrote:Back to topic:

Does anyone have a list on what songs that are cut from console version of the game? My friends gave me some cut song files but they are incomplete (mostly the 2006 songs are incomplete). I recognized some of the songs that are cut, but I need the full list to make sure that I don't miss a thing.
There is a topic about the "COMPLETE LIST OF THE 1978 PS2 SOUNDTRACK":
http://drivermadness.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=801
Also this topic could help:
http://www.drivermadness.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=492
By somebodynamed
helegad wrote:
somebodynamed wrote:but how would we get the files out of the disk?
Easy... for Xbox anyway. Dump your Parallel Lines disk to ISO or a directory, and transfer it to your PC. This assumes you have a modded Xbox with the right utility, of course. This way, you can avoid piracy and re-encoding music files, again, provided PC and Xbox share the same XA encoding format.
I only have the pc and ps2 versions sadly
By somebodynamed
and did it work?
By somebodynamed
I found another thing about the pc version that has nothing to do with the music but the shadow draw distance is really short on pc you can see shadows fade out right in front of you but in the ps2 version the shadows go really far it's really annoying and needs to be fixed
By somebodynamed
Skylabh wrote:I think that it would have been better to create a new topic about the shadow distance.
sorry just wanted to bring that up btw I just created a discussion earlier today about the shadow distance
By Skylabh
somebodynamed wrote:
Skylabh wrote:I think that it would have been better to create a new topic about the shadow distance.
sorry just wanted to bring that up btw I just created a discussion earlier today about the shadow distance
OK no worries.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]