Discussion for Driver: Parallel Lines (2006)
By madness
Here is the second devolopers chat with reflections. I'll try to create a nicely formated one soon.

BEFORE THE DEV CHAT
.::START::.

<driverfan> hello Jack....
<driverfan> you work with Reflections?
<Reflections_Jack> hello, yes i do
<driverfan> what do you do?
<Reflections_Jack> i'm the Art Manager
<driverfan> awesome
<driverfan> it's a pleasure to type to you
<Reflections_Jack> =] who are you? would i know you from any of the forums?
<driverfan> I would be Comaro at the Atari forums
<driverfan> I don't post much.
<driverfan> but I read some of the other posts
<Reflections_Jack> i know your name... but i don't post at all!
<driverfan> cool
<driverfan> if I ask questions about the game would you answer?
<driverfan> Driver Parallel Lines
<Reflections_Jack> yeah, why not
<driverfan> okayt
<driverfan> are there any plans for another game? I would like to see a Stuntman 2 with filmd director.
<driverfan> though it would be better for Stuntman then Driver
<driverfan> talk to Gareth about that idea
<driverfan> ^_^
<Reflections_Jack> i agree that film director suits Stuntman better. I was Lead Artist on Stuntman, but Stuntman 2 is being made in a different studio.
<driverfan> cool
<driverfan> so it is being made?
<Reflections_Jack> yep it was announced for the 360 the other day
<driverfan> awesome
<Reflections_Jack> they've been working on it for a while
<driverfan> though I don't have the 360
<driverfan> I play PS2 and will get PS3
<Reflections_Jack> well it won't be out for a while, and i'm not sure if they're doing versions for other platforms... you might get lucky =]
<driverfan> I have the Driver: PL demo, and I enjoy it greatly
<Reflections_Jack> oh great, i'm glad about that!
<driverfan> it's really fun
<driverfan> I play it more then my other games
<driverfan> seriously
<driverfan> I got a couple more questions to ask
<Reflections_Jack> we made the demo months ago so the game has come on a lot since then, although we were very pleased with it at the time
<driverfan> yeah I kind of figured after seeing some awesome trailers online
<driverfan> so, is there another major story twist apart from the 2006 era that no one knows about?
<Reflections_Jack> yeah we're very happy with the finished game. We've finished our work on it now, but i still play it every day which says a lot.
<driverfan> you don't have to tell me about it because I want to keep it a secret too.
<Reflections_Jack> hmmm... well there is another twist... but i won't spoil it!
<driverfan> good
<driverfan> I don't want to be spiiled
<Reflections_Jack> where are you from?
<driverfan> spoiled*
<driverfan> Texas USA
<Reflections_Jack> oh cool. it's a bit cold and damp by comparrison here in Newcastle
<driverfan> yeah
<Reflections_Jack> you should look out for the second D:PL demo btw, it's much more recent and shows off much more of Manhattan
<driverfan> where can I get it?
<driverfan> though the game is almost out, I might just wait for it.
<Reflections_Jack> yeah, it's coming out with one of the official PS2 mags around the time of release.
<driverfan> okay then I'll probebly won't get it, since it will be around release.
<driverfan> but I'm sure it will get other people interested.
<Reflections_Jack> i was playing Stuntman last night actually, for the first time in years. It's funny looking back. It's so frustrating, with the horrible load times and so on, but i think it has something... different
<driverfan> What makes the difference between the limited edition and the regular edition of DPL?
<driverfan> I already pre ordered the limited
<Reflections_Jack> i'm actually not too sure... that's all done by the Atari marketing people, and we don't have much to do with that.
<driverfan> oh
<Reflections_Jack> i think it comes with some 'making of' type movies and stuff.
<driverfan> cool
<driverfan> a t-shirt is supose to come with it also
<Reflections_Jack> how much more does it cost, do you know?
*** PoLoMiNt has joined #driverchat
<driverfan> 10 more dollers
<Reflections_Jack> okay. Well if it includes a t-shirt i suppose that's worth it!
<driverfan> But I think the T-shirt is supose to be free
<driverfan> oh well I'll find out when I get the game
<Reflections_Jack> so which is your favourite Driver so far?
<PoLoMiNt> yo all
<Reflections_Jack> hi
<driverfan> h
<driverfan> hi
<driverfan> I liked DRIV3R though others didn't.
<driverfan> I'm going to like DPL the most.
<PoLoMiNt> i liked DRIV3R
<driverfan> I still like Driver 2 also.
<Reflections_Jack> i'm glad, D3 certainly had it's faults - but there was some good stuff. D:PL really kicks it's ass though!
<driverfan> yeah
<PoLoMiNt> yes, yes it does
<driverfan> will there be trailers to hook up to semis in DPL?
<Reflections_Jack> have you played the demo Polo?
<PoLoMiNt> no i want to but i live in england and dont whether its out here or what magazine if it is
<Reflections_Jack> i believe the trailers made it into the final game, yes. You have to find them to hook them up.
<driverfan> awesome
<driverfan> will there be a main menu?
<Reflections_Jack> the demo will be coming out here in England, on the cover disk of OPM just before the game's out
<PoLoMiNt> yay!
<PoLoMiNt> oh i have a question as well, will the cops actually chase you instead of just ramming into you?
<Reflections_Jack> no, we've taken the front end out for the new game. Everything is found within the city itself.
<driverfan> oh
<Reflections_Jack> we felt that a front end doesn't really suit a persistent world type of game. why, will you miss it?
<driverfan> I won't miss it, it just would be different
<driverfan> How many story missions are there?
<driverfan> in total
<Reflections_Jack> yep, the cops will chase you. They'll shoot at you too, as will the Police chopper. The cars will try different ramming techniques to get you to stop as well.
<PoLoMiNt> great!
<driverfan> dang
<PoLoMiNt> will they try and arrest you?
<Reflections_Jack> there's almost 40 story missions, but hundreds of mini games which are all really good too.
<driverfan> awesome
<driverfan> is each story mission long/big?
<driverfan> like Driver 2 missions
<Reflections_Jack> they will arrest you, but you're more likely to get shot. It's all designed to make you want to get back in a car and get driving. That's what the game is all about
<PoLoMiNt> thats cool
<driverfan> I understand that, much specialy from playing the demo
<Teleios> Hi Everybody ( :
*** Teleios sets mode +o on Reflections_Jack
<PoLoMiNt> hi
<Reflections_Jack> the missions vary in length, but some of them are really long yep. Longer even than D2
<driverfan> I also would like the freedom to just hang around the city and enjoy the sounds
<PoLoMiNt> yea me 2
<driverfan> How many secret vehicles are there?
<Reflections_Jack> you can certainly just hang around and watch the world go by.
<driverfan> and are there secret switches?
<driverfan> like in Driver 2
<Reflections_Jack> erm, there's quite a lot but i don't know how many exactly... you remember the pink roofed little white car from underground in D2?
<PoLoMiNt> yea
<driverfan> yeah
<Reflections_Jack> i modelled that on the real car i had at that time. It was an 11 year old rusty Mini, my first car and i loved it!
<driverfan> cool
<driverfan> are there more secret vehicles then DRIV3R?
<PoLoMiNt> what kind of modifications are available for the cars?
<Reflections_Jack> i think there are more. There are loads more vehicles in total... if you include all the possible body kits and paint jobs and so on there's something like 500
<driverfan> are there switches like in Driver 2?
<Reflections_Jack> the final vehicle you unlock right at the end of the game is incredible fun. I won't spoil the surprise, but you're going to love it.
<PoLoMiNt> cool
<driverfan> cool
<Reflections_Jack> erm, there are some switches that you shoot, but not like the secret ones in D2. It's all about the driving again you see!
<Reflections_Jack> anyway i'm off now. I'll see you later for the chat?
<driverfan> okay bye
<PoLoMiNt> cya
*** Reflections_Jack has left #driverchat

.::END::.

START OF DEV CHAT

<Teleios> We are going to go ahead and start taking questions before the chat starts - If you have any questions you'd like please send a private message to [QT] Landslide or [QT]Orson
<Teleios> Do not send your questions directly to the developers as they will be ignored.
<Teleios> Thank you for coming and we'll get started shortly.
<[QT]Landslide> All questions will be read and considered, but the [QT]'s will not reply to you directly.
<Teleios> Please send your questions to [QT]Landslide or [QT]Orson.. we will start in about 5 minutes.
<Teleios> Hi everyone! It's that time. We're here with some of the development team from Reflections to talk about Driver: Parallel Lines (http://www.atari.com/driver). I wanted to take a moment and welcome you all and thank you for coming. If you have questions please submit your questions to [QT]Landslide or [QT]Orson. Don't submit them directly to the developers as it will likely be ignored.
* @[QT]Landslide points at himself and Orson.
<Teleios>
<Teleios> At this time, I'd like all of the Reflections team to introduce themselves and toss a /wave to everyone!
<Reflections_Jack> Hi, my name's Jack and i'm the Art Manager at Reflections
<Reflections_Gary> hey, i'm Gary. I look after the software side of things on Parallel Lines
<Reflections_Gareth> Hello Everyone. Thanks for joining us. I'm the Studio Manager at Reflections.
<Reflections_Craig> Hi I'm Craig and I'm the Games design manager
<Reflections_Robin> Hello, I'm Robin, I'm the production manager at Reflections
<Teleios> Welcome, Reflections. We're glad you could join us! Now, onto the questions!

<Teleios> aV09s: I have a question: Will the burnout and accelerate controls still be assigned to different buttons or are they really combined into one for the Parallel Lines controls?
<Reflections_Craig> The burnout buton has been combined with th e accellerate button, it's using the analogue controls to make it feel more responsive

<Teleios> QUESTION: DirtyD: About gangs, are they gonna be in it? and if so can you get your reputation up with them to get more jobs and rewards?
<Reflections_Gareth> No. You work for a gang, but its not a gangster game. its really all about the carchases.

<Teleios> QUESTION: BagPuss: How does Reflections plan to retaliate in their game against GTA poking fun at Driver, if at all?
<Reflections_Robin> There's no 'retaliation' against GTA. We do all actually very much enjoy the GTA series.

<Teleios> QUESTION: nato777: Why do you have a speedometer added in this game
<Reflections_Gary> so you can know how fast you are driving
<Reflections_Robin> lol
<Reflections_Gary> sorry, the speed of your car affects the cop response

<Teleios> QUESTION: Can the effects seen in the trailers be turned on/off?
<Reflections_Jack> You can turn off the speed blur, nitro and crash effects (the white concussion flash, slow mo and camera shake etc) in the game options, but we really like them. It's different watching a movie of someone else playing, but when you're playing the game yourself, the crash effects make more of an *event* of a head on collision and make the experience more enjoyable and less frustrating. Also the nitro camera effects and blur.

<Teleios> hapwned: Will we be able to make replays like what we have seen in the movies on the driver website?
<Reflections_Gareth> We decided to remove the replay feature from the game.
<Reflections_Gareth> The main reason for this is how much it actually compromises the rest of the game
<Reflections_Gareth> removing the feature has allowed us to have 3 times as much traffic driving around
<Reflections_Gareth> no pop up
<Reflections_Gareth> so whilst it has been a cool feature of all driver games
<Reflections_Gareth> we decided with this title, to make gameplay absolutely paramount.
<Reflections_Gareth> So it had to go
<Reflections_Robin> We have development tools that allow us to make those movies, in case you were wondering how the were done

<Teleios> QUESTION: hapwned: Will the twin towers be in the 1978 time period, or is that still too touchy of a subject?
<Reflections_Jack> Yup the twin towers can even be seen on the horizon in the demo if you look hard enough...
<Reflections_Jack> we have many landmarks i the game, and New York in the late 70s wouldn't be the same without them.

<Teleios> QUESTION: DirtyD: Any abilites that TK will have that Tanner didn't? (swimming, jumping, climbing, Hand to hand Combat). Also will any characters from

previous games will show up? (Jericho)
<Reflections_Gareth> As the focus of the game is very much about driving, we have given TK a nice simple control mechanism, and we dont get too hung up
<Reflections_Gareth> on abilities and character stuff
<Reflections_Gareth> he does have a short range melee attack, and there are plenty of weapons, but you will find yourself behind the wheel most of the time
<Reflections_Jack> TK can aim a lot better than Tanner could, without doing a little dance too =]

<Teleios> QUESTION: Brok: Can you give us a bit of information about cheats? i.e. what some are and If they are useable in mini-games, like in Driver 2?
<Reflections_Craig> There are a number of cheats some that help make the game easier and others that are just for fun
<Reflections_Craig> One cheat allows you to snatch the body of peds on the street, great fun running around as a hooker. You'll have to find it to unlock it though

<Teleios> QUESTION: Guest778: Is Online mode taken out or not, Because on other site such as IGN and Gamespot, they still say it's online, while others say it isn't?
<Reflections_Gareth> The reports that you have read about online are probably old reports. We had it planned, and had it up and running. unfortunately it just wasnt going to be good enough. We had to take the tough decision to cut it and focus on the single player experience
<Reflections_Gareth> we didnt want anything in the game to be anything other than absolutely top notch.

<Teleios> Brok: hi guys- I was wondering- does Driver: PL plan to have customizable controls of any kind?
<Reflections_Robin> No, the controls aren't customisable. We've actually had difficulty fitting all the controls onto the controllers.
<Reflections_Robin> We've seen some debate on the forums about using the PS2 dpad to steer
<Reflections_Craig> It took a long time to get the controller fully tuned and as pick up and instantly playable, adding shooting from the car took up a lot of buttons, so we feel we already have the best combination
<Reflections_Robin> We couldn't use both the dpad and the stick, and the stick is more sensitive and more standard, so the stick is used for steering
<Reflections_Robin> Yes, it's taken months to get the controller configuration right

<Teleios> QUESTION: hapwned: Will the 1978 vehicles be available during the 2006 tiem period?
<Reflections_Gary> some 70s cars could still be around in the 2000s, especially if you know where to park them up

<Teleios> hapwned: How many devs are currently sporting mullets? (TK has a mullet in both time periods)
<Reflections_Gareth> I dont think any of our dev team actually have mullets, but 'MulletPhysics' tm is something that we are very proud of )

<Teleios> Question: Why is there no damage bar?
<Reflections_Jack> Engine smoke is the new damage bar. We've improved the engine smoke so that it gradually darkens and thickens according to the level of damage.
<Reflections_Jack> This gives you a novel and realistic indication of the state of the wreck you're driving. But in certain missions where you need to know the exact

level of damage, we add a bar in the top left corner of the screen.
<Reflections_Jack> Also when you
<Reflections_Jack> take a damaged car into one of the garages, you'll be shown it's damage level along with all the other stats, which determines how much it'll cost you to get it fixed.

<Teleios> QUESTION: BagPuss: What are the controls for the in-car shooting? Especially how you move the crosshair? It seems rather confusing when I think about it :S
<Reflections_Craig> We’ve implemented a pretty smart auto lock on system that still allows you to drive well and take out the cops.
<Reflections_Craig> We're really happy with the way shooting from the car has worked out its a great new addition

<Teleios> QUESTION: ramseyer: my question is : What sorts of weapons will there be?
<Reflections_Robin> pistols, shotguns, machine guns, rocket launchers, grenade launchers
<Reflections_Robin> You can complete the whole game with the standard pistol, but the more advanced weapons are a lot of fun

<Teleios> QUESTION: DirtyD: About the enemy AI, are they improved over Driv3r? the enemies would stay in one place and shoot at you and always knew where you were except for the stealth missions(will that return also?)
<Reflections_Gary> The focus is on fast, fun, gunplay, against enemy characters that challenge the player

<Teleios> QUESTIONL Guest774: How many buildings can you enter on foot? Lots? None?
<Reflections_Gareth> There are a few. As I have said though, you will spend
<Reflections_Gareth> most of your time behind the wheel, so having lots of interiors isnt really necessary.
<Reflections_Gareth> in fact, only about 10% of the game has to be done on foot. Its all about carchases. I say that a lot

<Teleios> what have you done to improve the impression of speed in the game?
<Reflections_Jack> The actual top speed of the cars in D:PL is 141mph, compared to all the previous Driver game's top speed of just 88. So the actual top speed is *far* higher this time around.
<Reflections_Jack> On top of this we've added camera lens and speed blur effects to exagerate the higher speeds - the faster you go the more effect they have. These help the impression a speed enormously and make you feel like you're really flying through New York's crowded streets at over 140mph!

<Teleios> QUESTION: driverman: What Hours for finish the game?
<Reflections_Craig> It’s hard to put an actual time on it as it depends on how you play and how many mini games you do along the way. You can spend hours just playing around with cop chases.
<Reflections_Robin> just backtracking on the guns question - I realised that you can't complete the whole game with the standard pistol - there's one section that definitely requires some heavier hardware, but I'm not saying what it is
<Reflections_Craig> Its actually a much bigger game than we expected it to be.

<Teleios> bctrainers: Will this game have a map editor/creator?
<Reflections_Gareth> no - we have specifically designed and built the level with gameplay verymuch at the front of our minds
<Reflections_Gareth> it has taken a huge number of hours to create it, with every bulding being hand placed
<Reflections_Gareth> by our art team. if we had some sort of automated system for editing that we could make available, it really would have made
<Reflections_Gareth> the city far less interesting.

<Teleios> aV09s: How much free travel outside of the mapped roads is available in Parallel Lines? How much scenery within the map will be fenced off?
<Reflections_Jack> the map is really much bigger than we originally planned, and much of it is open terrain with hills and jumps and so on. There are a lot of short cuts to take.
<Reflections_Jack> we've made sure there's not huge areas that look great but aren't actually available. That always annoys me in other games!

<Teleios> Anon9276: Question: Can you name any other games that have inspired Driver: PL? Like GTA or Mafia?
<Reflections_Craig> Although we take influences from games and movies everyday Driver 1 was inspired by every car chase film you’ve ever watched, Bullet, Blues Brothers, Ronin, you name it.

<Teleios> QUESTION: Brok: Do the roads extend to surrounding countryside, or stick firmly to the Big Apple?
<Reflections_Jack> our maps covers a load of very different environments... winding hilly roads in Edgewater, extensive dock lands in Red Hook, enourmous industrial wastelands in Kearny...
<Reflections_Jack> there's plenty more to explore than the familiar Manhattan tourist spots.

<Teleios> QUESTION: driverfan: How many secret vehicles are there?
<Reflections_Robin> It's a secret
<Reflections_Robin> there are lots though
<Reflections_Robin> There are some you get as bonuses for completing jobs, and some you can find

<Teleios> aV09s: Where the **** are Red Hook, Edgewater and Kearny?
<Reflections_Gary> some are REALLY tricky to add to your collection
<Reflections_Jack> =] they're areas of Brooklyn and New Jersey. That's how extensive our map is!

<Teleios> QUESTION: aV09s: Does the frame-rate hold up well with the game's size?
<Reflections_Robin> We are really pleased with the fluidity of the game
<Reflections_Robin> Good framerate is obviously very important in a driving game, and we've put a lot of effort into making sure it's consistently good
<Reflections_Robin> while also keeping all the physics, pedestrians, effects, traffic and other stuff

<Teleios> QUESTION: nato777: What are the car moddings like? Like what kind of stuff can you do to cars?
<Reflections_Gareth> You can upgrade the look of the vehicle (paint jobs, custom bodywork, special paint jobs) as well as the performance (acceleration and top speed) and you can also buy accessories such as bullet proof tyres
<Reflections_Gareth> bullet proof windows etc. if you really
<Reflections_Gareth> want to get into it
<Reflections_Gareth> you can take the cars onto a test track
<Reflections_Gareth> and mod the ride height and spring stiffness
<Reflections_Gareth> but its completely optional.
<Reflections_Gareth> and there is nitro of course

<Teleios> Brok: the cars seem to drive tighter than usual in the demo. will players be able to mod the cars so that they handle like the driver cars of old?
<Reflections_Craig> The is a wider range in the handling for DPL, we hope it satisfies all tastes, from muscle cars to sports cars.
<Reflections_Robin> Personally I find the DPL handling more enjoyable and more controllable than previous Driver games (and Stuntman's, come to that)
<Reflections_Robin> It is actually the same handling as on D3, but with some refinements to cater to a wide range of vehicles, as Craig says

<Teleios> bctrainers: Will the game have sport bikes, will they be custom created or licence bought?
<Reflections_Gareth> Yes, we have a few types of bikes
<Reflections_Gareth> they are not licensed. they are great fun though, and when
<Reflections_Gareth> fully modded up, with nitro they are incredibly fast and dangerous.
<Reflections_Gary> The bike handling has been tweaked extnesively, and they are a lot of fun
<Reflections_Gareth> we have made the handling of them a bit easier compared to D3 as well
<Reflections_Robin> Yeah, I like the bikes best

<Teleios> heres a question: What type of enviroment were you in while codeing / creating this game?
<Reflections_Jack> our office is a big open space and most of the blinds are up unlike most dev studios. It's a good place to work, even when we get told to clean up by the boss

<Teleios> And on that note, it's a wrap!
<Teleios> A very special thanks to the Reflections guys for chatting with us. Make sure you check out the official site at http://www.atari.com/driver and the gameplay movies at http://www.tapin.net/atarimedia

<Teleios> We'll unmoderate the channel now - feel free to chat openly!

AFTER THE DEV CHAT

<driverman> Hey Reflection Driver release 14 March for USA or 17 mars?
<hapwned> chat spam!!!
<bctrainers> .
<Brok> arrgh- i must know! fans of driver 1 and 2 remember fondly the event of shooting a car skyward by hitting it's underside. This feature was absent from Driv3r- will it return for PL?
<DirtyD> IT"S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME
*** razor has left #driverchat
<PoLoMiNt> YEA!
*** Starbuck has quit ([CS] Quit: )
<Reflections_Jack> sorry Brok, we don't know what you mean..
*** Apollo has quit ([CS] Quit: )
*** Reflections_Gary has quit ([CS] Quit: )
<driverman> hey Reflection
*** Guest289 has quit ([CS] Quit: Powered by the JavaSpike)
<driverman> is Based United kingdom?
*** [QT]Landslide has left #driverchat
<Reflections_Gareth> yup
<Reflections_Craig> Yup North of england
*** hapwned has left #driverchat
<Reflections_Robin> You can get arrested if you don't start fooling about with guns in front of the cops
*** DrBaltar has quit ([CS] Quit: )
<cr0w> Awesome chat
<PoLoMiNt> lol
<driverman> You have release Date for USA for release Driver PL?
<aV09s> Something-Upon-something
<PoLoMiNt> yea whats the release date for the UK?
<Teleios> We'll have a log up on WarCry tomorrow everyone!
<Guest778> What is the difference between the Special Edition PL, and the regular PL???
<Reflections_Gareth> its March 14th (thats ship date) not sure of teh actual day you can get your hands on it
<driverman> Limited Edition
*** Vandemar has left #driverchat
<Guest778> yeah
<PoLoMiNt> cool
<madalyn> omg
<madalyn> http://www.myspace.com/tk_thekid
<driverman> me buy Driver 14 March!! yes yes me lucky!
<Guest778> what's the difference between the different ones???
<PoLoMiNt> ^ WTC
<stark> Yeah... I sent that to the @warcry channel earlier
<aV09s> Newcastle Upon Tyne
<DirtyD> Is there any difference between 1978 TK and 2006 TK that are not appearance?
<Reflections_Jack> we don't really know what the limited edition has... that's been put together by the marketing guys, not us.
*** [QT]Orson has quit ([CS] Quit: Trillian (http://www.ceruleanstudios.com)
<Guest778> oh
<driverman> What Graphic Difference PS2 Xbox
<madalyn> oh, oops
<Reflections_Gareth> it does have some extra stuff in the box, like maps etc, but also there is some exclusive material on the disc, such as extra movies and stuff
<Guest778> kool
<driverman> School Bus available 2006 or just 1978?
<Guest778> thanks
<DirtyD> Vin Diesel or Chuck Norris?
<nato777> Neither
*** Reflections_Craig has quit ([CS] Quit: )
<Reflections_Jack> TK's animations, size, attitude and everything else changes between 78 and 06
<Brok> yeah, neither
<D_River> Stilts Cheat found in Driver rocked, any possibility that you will put it in D:PL?
<driverfan> are there cheats for the demo?
<Guest774> will reflections make a hi res map of new york available for fan sites?
<DirtyD> Hydraulics wiill be available in the game or the cars?
<Guest778> Okay, I have another question, I have heard that the damage in PL is not as detailed as in Driver 3?
<nato777> Yeah
*** Yackemflaber has joined #driverchat
<driverman> in how much year have work on Driver PL?
<Reflections_Jack> school bus like every other vehicle is available in 2006 if you save it in the garage in 78, or enable the all cars cheat
<driverman> thank You for respond
<Guest778> ^^^SPOILER^^^
<Brok> all cars! yess!
<Reflections_Gareth> damage - its just as detailed as D3
<nato777> Driverfan
<Guest778> oh
*** Bloodraven has joined #driverchat
<Guest778> stupid rumors
<driverman> in how much year have work on Driver?
<Reflections_Jack> yep, the damage system is just as good as D3
<PoLoMiNt> cya laterz all
<driverman> Driver PL
<ramseyer> there will be low riders , you know , cars have hydraulics
<driverfan> are there cheats for the demo?
*** PoLoMiNt has quit ([CS] Quit: )
<nato777> Driverfan
<Reflections_Gareth> no cheats in the demo. got to buy the game for the really cool stuff )
<Guest774> will reflections make a hi res map of new york available for fan sites?
<driverman> You use 3D Studio Max for create objects and Cars or othoer Program?
<driverfan> thought so
*** jazzyj has joined #driverchat
<driverfan> will there be staten island?
<Guest778> another question, in the videos that are currently on the web, the detail on stuff is not as detailed as on Driver 3, is this because the videos are made with the Demo Version???
<Reflections_Jack> D:PL's taken about 18 months from concept to completion
<aV09s> will Reflections consider real-time damage physics if the series continues onto next-gen systems?
<nato777> Demos always suck unless it comes to Driver Demos
<driverman> wow 18 month for PL
<Brok> yeah good question- 3d studio max, or maya?
<driverman> 4 Year for Driver 3
<actiongamer> is the blue HUD in the 2006 era annoying as it looks?
<Reflections_Gareth> 3DsMAx
<Reflections_Robin> FYI the demo was created back in November, so a lot of work has gone into the game since then
<driverman> 3dsmax 7?
<nato777> Gareth
<driverman> me have 3ds max me too
<Guest778> okay, thanks, so it will be more detailed than what the current videos are
<Reflections_Jack> yep v7
<ramseyer> there will be low riders ? , you know , cars have hydraulics, they jump.
<driverman> PS2 version is beautiful graphics?
<driverman> me too use v7
<ramseyer> y
<nato777> yes
*** ramseyer has quit ([CS] Quit: Powered by the JavaSpike)
<aV09s> make us a Driver game, driverman.
<Reflections_Jack> Mainey...
*** ramseyer has joined #driverchat
<driverman> ps2 is beautiful or no?
<nato777> yes
<Reflections_Jack> yes. Is beautiful
<BagPuss> lol
<BagPuss> beautiful
<BagPuss> as if
<Brok> by hte way- thanks for continuing to answer questions after the designated time period, Jack and Gareth
<DirtyD> Hydraulic cars in the game?
*** TAP_Kara has left #driverchat
<driverfan> is the damage better then the damage in the demo?
<nato777> Of course yes, sony wants there money you know
<Reflections_Gareth> I'm off now. Thanks for joining in today everyone. We hope you enjoy the game )
<ramseyer> CAN cars have hydraulics ?
<driverman> me have SCPH-390010 is compatible with Driver PL?
<aV09s> bye-bye gareth
<Yackemflaber> we will
<Guest778> Question, will the Semi Trucks still have Trailer as in DRIV3R???
<Teleios> Thanks! You guys have a great weekend!
<Yackemflaber> bye
<Reflections_Robin> Thanks everyone, goodnight!
<driverfan> bye Gareth
<bctrainers> Glad to have you devs here. =]
*** Stormscape has joined #driverchat
*** Azhrarn has quit ([CS] Quit: m000000000)
*** Stormscape has left #driverchat
*** Reflections_Gareth has quit ([CS] Quit: )
<nato777> Goodbye
<BagPuss> Woah i have a question... In some videos, the cars bounce as they appear is it hydraulics or just because they are loaded on the fly causing them to bounce?
<Guest774> can the hud be turned off to protect against tv burn in?
<driverman> good night Reflection!
*** Om has joined #driverchat
*** Mech has joined #driverchat
<Guest778> Will the Semi Trucks still have trailers as in DRIV3R???
<Reflections_Jack> what do you mean by hydralics?
*** w00t[nothere] has joined #driverchat
<driverfan> yeah
<BagPuss> like in GTA
*** Reflections_Robin has quit ([CS] Quit: )
<driverman> will the DVD of Driver be on a layer or double layer?
<driverfan> the semis will have trialers
<aV09s> the bouncey-bounce cars.
<Guest778> kool
*** Om has left #driverchat ((@Peng) I have had someone shoot a firework -at- me already today (@Pete|AFK) Yes well, they missed (@Pete|AFK) you should've asked them to try again)
<driverman> Driver is compatible with all PS2 series?
<ramseyer> hydraulics , you don't know it ?
<driverfan> the trailers can be found around the city
<BagPuss> omg yes!
<Guest778> sweet
<Guest778> Okay, How do you know all of this driverfan?
<DirtyD> in GTA: SA you could put Hydraulics on your car
<Reflections_Jack> yes, Driver compatible.
<nato777> Reading
<BagPuss> its because it's common sense
<driverman> Thank You
<DirtyD> which allowed you to jump around
<DirtyD> in the car
<driverman> my PS2 SCPH-390010 lol
*** Bloodraven has quit ([CS] Quit: )
<DirtyD> the car to jump around
<nato777> olf model?
<driverman> problem with God Of War lol
<ramseyer> in fact , the car car move with the hydraulics jump
<aV09s> when will PL go gold?
<driverman> will the DVD of Driver be on a layer or double layer?
<nato777> Anyone here have thick PS2?
<Reflections_Jack> oh right - no, no vehicles can do the jumpy thing in this game i'm afraid
<Yackemflaber> yeah
<Yackemflaber> me
*** BagPuss has quit ([CS] Quit: )
<nato777> Same here
*** Mech has left #driverchat
<aV09s> no bouncey-bounce...
<DirtyD>
<nato777> Bounce...
<DirtyD> well thank you for answering questions
<driverman> Driver is my favorite cars games!
<Guest774> jack: can the hud be turned off to protect against tv burn in?
<driverman> Thank You Reflectiom
<driverman> 26 days and release Driver Pl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<DirtyD> and 1 main thing
<DirtyD> about Driv3r
<driverfan> Jack I'm PMing you
<Reflections_Jack> no, the HUD can't be turned off i'm afraid.
<nato777> REFLECTIONS MAKES ROCKSTAR LOOK LIKE *****'S
<ramseyer> You have finish the game ?
<Guest778> Okay see you guys laterz, another question though, Is anyone here going to get TOCA Pro Race Driver 3??? also made by atari
<DirtyD> did you guys really wanted the game to be like that?
<Yackemflaber> wow, alot of questions for Jack to process, dont you think?
<DirtyD> like, glitchy and everything?
<Guest778> TOCA pro Race Driver 3 is going to rule the online racing scene
<driverman> Driver PL is gold of Beta?
<driverfan> Yo Jack
<Reflections_Jack> hello?
<Guest774> jack: might a hi res map of NY be made available to fan sites?
<Guest778> Anyone going to get TOCA PRO RACE DRIVER 3???
<Yackemflaber> He's trying to answer all your questions at once
<driverfan> check your private messeges
*** Teleios has quit ([CS] Quit: Trillian (http://www.ceruleanstudios.com)
<driverman> Jack Driver PL is Beta or Gold?
<Yackemflaber> driver PL is a game
<driverman> or Alpha?
<nato777> STOP, QUESTION TIME OVER
<Yackemflaber> the beta would be like the demo, i assume
<driverman> or complete a 99%?
<aV09s> Jack's going to cancel the release of Parallel Lines if you all get too rowdy.
<Brok> driverman- it's probably close to gold if not there already
<Yackemflaber> yeah, so shut up for a second
*** driverman has quit ([CS] Quit: Powered by the JavaSpike)
<driverfan> 0_0
<DirtyD> well Jack, you have a good night or day thank you for answering questions and all, most devs don't do that
<DirtyD> thanks for everything
<nato777> HE A PROGRAM?
<aV09s> yes, Jack's a robot.
*** DirtyD has quit ([CS] Quit: Powered by the JavaSpike)
*** driverman has joined #driverchat
<Reflections_Jack> any time =] anything else you want to know?
<ramseyer> if the game is not finish yet , put the settings hydraulics for me , its really good
*** Virgil has quit ([CS] Quit: Meh)
<driverman> Gold soon
<Brok> I can't believe they don't know about the car underside thing- I thought they had it in there on purpose it was so hilarious- i'd often compromise a mission just to drive into a car, sending it skyward
<driverman> ?
<nato777> WELL THANKS FOR EVERYTHING JACK
<driverman> bye bye all
*** driverman has quit ([CS] Quit: Powered by the JavaSpike)
<driverfan> check your PMS Jack
<Guest778> I have a question, did anyone from reflections work on TOCA PRO RACE DRIVER 3???
<Reflections_Jack> yes. Gold soon. Very good. 100%
<Guest774> jack: will a hi res map of NY be made available to fan sites?
<Boo_The_Ghost> 1 is the lonliest number I ever known.
<aV09s> Is Tanner really dead?!
<Reflections_Jack> some of our team worked on the older TOCA games
<nato777> no 0 is
<Guest778> kool
<nato777> yes tanner dead
<Guest778> not the new one?
<Yackemflaber> yeah, I kinda hope Tanner is dead
<nato777> he a *****
<aV09s> :|
<jazzyj> lol
<nato777> not the way I use him though
<Brok> no he's not- he's just boring and a bit one dimensional, that's all
<driverfan> Check pms JACK
<Yackemflaber> what was tanner's full name anyone?
<aV09s> Jack doesn't want to read your PM.
<Reflections_Jack> Bruce Tanner
<aV09s> I read it was Tanner Harvey.
<Guest778> Bruce Tanner Harvey
<ramseyer> l;l:
<nato777> Tanner Mother****er
<aV09s> but it was a lie, then.
<Reflections_Jack> Stand and Tan Tanner
<ramseyer> lol
<nato777> lol
*** Freddo has left #driverchat
<aV09s>

*** luvmygames has joined #driverchat
<Guest778> Question, are there any invisible walls in PL, I hate em
<Guest778> just wondering
<Yackemflaber> probably just like the ones to stop you from jumping into the water
<Reflections_Jack> =] there aren't any invisible walls where your would want to go, so hopefully you won't find any.
<nato777> QUESTION: Are cars handling different in 2006 from 1978?
<D_River> TOCA2 at Donington in 2 player mode had an irritating bug when playing in 2 player mode.
<Guest778> Oh, if they're there, I'll find them
<Guest778> lol
<Reflections_Jack> yup, the cars handle very differently, just like in real life
*** driverman has joined #driverchat
<nato777> Yes!
<Guest774> Jack: I suggest turning off the hud when the thrill cam button is pressed.
<Brok> nato777- yes, they are different
<driverman> Driver Pl pc version or no?
<Guest778> So what happens when you are standing by some water and you decide to jump "walk" in???
<Yackemflaber> yeah, and the thrill cam button is kinda in an odd place (in the demo)
<Reflections_Jack> oh yeah - HUD is off in trill cam
<jazzyj> what is the fastest speed we will be bale to go?
<Guest778> 141
<Yackemflaber> there is no jump button when on your feet I thought
<luvmygames> sorry I'm late. Has anyone asked if we will be able to switch the controls for steering to the D-pad? thanks
<Reflections_Jack> no PC version
<nato777> 145
<ramseyer> there is a tank ? an armored vehicule ? army you know
<driverman> Truck and bikes is costumizable?
<driverfan> the circle button and the triangle button should be changed
<nato777> yes
<driverfan> switch is what I ment
<driverfan> could you tell us the controls Jack?
<Reflections_Jack> ALL vehicles are customisable
<driverman> 360 view exterior car available?
<Brok> first question i asked- luvmygames
<Guest778> even the Semi Trucks???
<jazzyj> no pc version ever?
<luvmygames> hi brok..thanks. what did they say?
<ramseyer> there is army vehicules ?
<driverfan> thers a tank
<Reflections_Jack> the cabs are, and we set up the trailers to be customisable too, but couldn't fit them into the garage!
<Yackemflaber> we saw a SWAT car in the video
<driverman> 360 view exterior car available?
<Yackemflaber> has anyone asked what the choppers do?
<Guest778> kool, so if we can fit one of the trailers into the garage we can customize it???
<Yackemflaber> are the choppers police, or news reporters?
<Brok> i'll copy paste it, hang on
<nato777> Hey is there inside view in the car? like in the seat showing the steering coloumn and stuff?
<Reflections_Jack> there are some heavy duty vehicles... the final one you unlock is really good fun... just wait and see
<driverman> Hey Jack 360 view in exterior car or just TK?
<ramseyer> i hope its a good vehicule lol
<driverfan> Answer questions JACK
<Brok> <Reflections_Robin> No, the controls aren't customisable. We've actually had difficulty fitting all the controls onto the controllers.
<Brok> <Reflections_Robin> We've seen some debate on the forums about using the PS2 dpad to steer
<Brok> <Reflections_Craig> It took a long time to get the controller fully tuned and as pick up and instantly playable, adding shooting from the car took up a lot of buttons, so we feel we already have the best combination
<Brok> <Reflections_Robin> We couldn't use both the dpad and the stick, and the stick is more sensitive and more standard, so the stick is used for steering
<Brok> <Reflections_Robin> Yes, it's taken months to get the controller configuration right
<Guest778> If I can fit one of the Trailers into the customizing garage, It would be customizable???
<Brok> sounds like you're bullying him now
<Guest778> since they're set up to be
<Reflections_Jack> we have Police and some civilian choppers in the game. You can't fly in them, but they're good fun for shooting down with rocket launchers
<driverman> 26 days for Driver Release!
<driverfan> answer the trailer question
<Guest778> ...
<Yackemflaber> All I wanna know is what the chopper is/does
<luvmygames> thanks a lot brok. I appreciate that.
<Reflections_Jack> lol, no sorry - we had to drop the ability to customise the trailers
<actiongamer> maybe he wont answer because you already asked him questions earlier, let everybody else ask questions
<Guest778> oh, if I could i was going to say, "I'll make it fit" lol
<aV09s> Hey Jack, can you rate my Driv3r replay out of ten? http://media.putfile.com/Taxi-Driv3r
<driverman> Hey Jack thank You man for my question!
<Brok> no probs
<ramseyer> i tank can we use the turret ?
<driverfan> hey Jack, will there be staten island?
<Yackemflaber> Jack certainly is dedicated to us fans...were pretty annoying
<driverman> me canadian jack!!
<Brok> ramseyer- it'd be insane to have a drivable tank without a working turret
<nato777> Jack, will there be bulletts that you can fire from the tank?
<bctrainers> Was great watching this developer chat, i have the transcript of it posted on the Atari forums at http://www.ataricommunity.com in the Driver forums section. Cya.
<ramseyer> lol
<Guest778> IMPOTANT QUESTION; was any flying physics being thought of when this game was just being compiled? such as flying a plane or one of the mentioned civilian helicopters
<Reflections_Jack> yup the turret works (left, right, up and down) and fires rockets
<ramseyer> yeah cool !!!!!!!
<jazzyj> nice
<aV09s> ...to shoot down police helicopters?
<Yackemflaber> seriously, what do the helicopters do?
<driverfan> awesome
<actiongamer> holy ****tes!!!
<Brok> follow you. go figure
<nato777> lol
*** razor has joined #driverchat
<razor> hey all
<Reflections_Jack> no flying in this game
<razor> chat log is up
<razor> http://www.warcry.com/scripts/column...108&colid=9101
<Yackemflaber> but are they like cops, or news reporters? is there any significance to them?
<driverfan> shoot at you
<driverfan> Jack he was talking abotu the police heli
<Guest774> jack: what did reflections think of true crime's rendition of new york?
<driverman> To make a vehicule in 3d how much spent week for each vehicule?
<D_River> Thank You razor
<Yackemflaber> thanks driverfan
<Reflections_Jack> yeah the police choppers are called in when you're "most wanted". They shoot and chase you.
<Guest778> I meant, was it going to be included or was it being thought of when this game was just being compiled on paper???
<nato777> Could someone give me a website in english that has a list of all cars that arent secret and have pictures?
<Yackemflaber> thanks jack
<driverfan> everyone is asking tomany questions
<Brok> they shoot at you too? nasty!
<driverman> Hey jack please check my website Driver Pl please!
<Yackemflaber> well, that's all I wanted to know, cya guys
<Brok> i saw a flash come from a chopper in a trailer but i thought it was just a light reflecting
<driverman> http://driver4.site.voila.fr
<ramseyer> i gonna be rock with the tank BOUM
*** Yackemflaber has quit ([CS] Quit: Powered by the JavaSpike)
<Guest778> when he goes silent like this he's answering all of the PMS's
<driverfan> I have lists of DPL cars at the Atari forum and Neoseeker
*** Guest516 has joined #driverchat
<Reflections_Jack> i thought True Crime's New York was fantastic, but they made very different choices to us...
<Guest516> hello everyone
<Brok> don't pm him though- we should all be able to se the Qs and As
<driverman> me have True Crime 1 lol
<nato777> DRPL will make history
<ramseyer> i have true crimes 2
<driverfan> I didn't like True Crimes driving
<driverfan> I had 1 I have 2
<driverman> Driver is the best
<ramseyer> yeah me too and he have a lot of default
<Reflections_Jack> they went for much more geographical realism, whereas we went for including many different areas around Manhattan, and taylored the map more to better game play
<driverfan> Driver rules
<jazzyj> yep
<Brok> thank god for that!
<driverfan> yuppers
<Guest516> Can i chage the topic
<aV09s> no
<Guest516> it's an interesting one
<aV09s> you can chaNge it, though.
<driverman> Hey Jack for Driver 5 canadian city please
<jazzyj> no england!
*** w00t[nothere] has left #driverchat
<ramseyer> i was bored by gta often
<driverman> hey jack Stuntman 2 is for PS3 or just xbox 360?
<Guest516> what about SYDNEY it's got a great bridge
<Brok> yeah- bring on newcastle
<Guest774> jack: thanks kindly for sticking around
<Guest778> are there any official car lists anywhere "excluding secrets" anywhere or any lists with pictures of the cars???
*** Arch0n has left #driverchat
<driverfan> are there any plans for Driver 5 by the way?
<Guest516> i'd like to see some plans
<D_River> #cough# Stochkholm, Sweden #cough#
<Guest778> cummon dude, 4 isn't even finished yet
<Brok> steady on, they still have to release driver PL first!
<nato777> THANK YOU JACK FOR ALL
<driverman> Montreal for Driver 5 please
<ramseyer> yeah you are a great guy
<Reflections_Jack> Stuntman 2 has been announced for 360. Don't know what other platforms it may end up on.
<Guest778> Does anyone know where a car list is for PL, with or without pictures
<nato777> ****ing give the guy a break
<driverman> no for PS3
* aV09s smacks nato777
<Guest516> PS3 has 56gig to fill imagine the possibiltys
<jazzyj> lol
<driverman> why for just 360?
<Guest516> speedier i guess ]
<Reflections_Jack> we all actually went out to Stochkholm for the Driver2 launch party. That's a great city.
<nato777> ****ING GIVE JACK A BREAK, HE ONLY ROBOT
<driverfan> when a question is asked, please wait till the man answers then ask the next question.
<ramseyer> i go to bed
<ramseyer> bye
<Reflections_Jack> lol it's okay, i don't mind =]
<D_River> Jack, uhoh, I think I missed you there, sadlu
<Guest516> will we see tanner again
<driverman> Stuntman no for ps3 me bad
<ramseyer> thanks to jack
<driverman> why 360?
<ramseyer> bye
<jazzyj> bye
<driverfan> Jack is the only one who can answer our questions
<Reflections_Jack> we i don't know about Tanner... would you want to see him again? What do you think D5 should be about?
<Guest516> jack, how much longer will you be here for
*** ramseyer has quit ([CS] Quit: Powered by the JavaSpike)
<nato777> jack, just wanted to make sure they werent giving you a hard time
<aV09s> I'd like to see Tanner again...
<Guest516> Tanner comes back after being in a coma
<Guest516> they should call it DRIVER 4
<Guest778> when TK and Tanner meet, that would rule
<Brok> to be honest I think TK is a much better suited character
<Reflections_Jack> a while. it's late here tho, and i've got work in the morning!
<nato777> true
<Guest516> i'll start a poll
<Guest516> what programs did you use to make DRIV3R
<D_River> It would be great if we got Tanner back, badder and meaner than earlier. But still a "good guy"
<nato777> no bad guy
<actiongamer> I'd like to see Tanner return, I know he can be much better
<driverman> Do jack know you to it Canada??
<nato777> running from cops
<Reflections_Jack> same as D:PL... photoshop, 3ds MAX and some in house tools.
<Brok> if, say, tanner had a past, or had a conflict with his conscience or nerves while undercover, he might have been more interesting
<driverman> no Paint Shop?
<driverman> me have 3ds max 7 gmax and Paint Shop Pro lol
<Brok> hehe no MS paint either
<Guest778> Jack, are there any official car lists anywhere???
<Guest778> or unofficial ones
<driverfan> I have car list
<Reflections_Jack> i think there's one on the official site
<aV09s> There are two car lists in the fan site pack thingy...
<nato777> Jack, I have a great idea for DRIV
<D_River> search the http://www.ina-community.com/forums/...play.php?f=394 forum
<Guest778> okay, where's the fan site pack thingy???
<Guest516> can we mod D3 with 3dmax i have number 8
<aV09s> Speaking of the site, the latest exclusive trailer isn't working (Mutiny)
<driverman> Hey jack You have msn?
<Guest778> where's the fan site pack thingy?
<driverfan> go to the atari forums or Neoseeker and look for my DPL list
<Brok> you can also find a link to the mutiny trailer from there
<Guest778> okay
<driverfan> the official website
<Guest778> Laterz Peeps, Thank you so much Jack and other Reflections Staff for answering all of our questions, I'll see ya laterz. Online in Driver 5 maybe?
<driverman> The demo of Driver PL in which magazine is available??
<driverfan> see ya
<Guest778> bye
<driverfan> Jack still there?
*** Guest778 has quit ([CS] Quit: Powered by the JavaSpike)
<D_River> Driver_Fan_Site_Kit.zip at http://www.atari.com/driver
<Reflections_Jack> still here
<driverfan> k
<Brok> so jack, nobody knew about that car pouncing thing? at all?
<driverfan> is there staten island in DPL?
<Brok> (yep- i still can't get over it)
<nato777> I looking at DRPL Fan site kit
<Reflections_Jack> brok - no, sorry about that. I've seen people talk about it but even Gareth didn't know what you meant
<Reflections_Jack> no Staten Island i'm afraid.
<luvmygames> Why is it that GTA can have flyable aircraft and both D-pad & analog stick steering...but Driver PL can't?
<Brok> well in a nutshell, if you're driving around in driver 1 or 2, and see a car resting on it's side, drive into it's underside to send that car flying upwards- sometimes several storeys
<driverfan> DPL is a driving game
<driverfan> not a GTA game
<driverman> When one puts the play on Pause a menu appear with which kind of option?
*** Blurb has left #driverchat
<Reflections_Jack> well D:PL has a *much* better shooting from vehicle feature, and we needed the d-pad to help control that... swapping weapons and so on. Trust me, you'll love it.
<D_River> Driver 2´s multiplayer driving games were fun, cops & robbers, capture the flag etc.. I hope they will eventually come back for Driver 5
<nato777> Well, time for me to make a driver 4 movie, with windows movie maker, with pics and videos!
<driverfan> Do you play a lot of games Jack?
<driverman> When one puts the play on Pause a menu appear with which kind of option?
<Guest516> have you seen my driver site... @ http://www.drivermadness.p4h.biz/main
<Reflections_Jack> and not having flying is like not having boats or swimming... D:PL is all about the car chases.
<Brok> yeah that one flag capture the flag from driver 2 was pure genius
<luvmygames> duh driverman...I mean I'm seriously curious what the technical reason is?
<driverman> ?
<luvmygames> thanks
<driverfan> let the man type
*** lmm0611 has joined #driverchat
<nato777> luvmygames why you call me lightwait in intellegance?
<driverman> Driv3r problem graphic PC
<Reflections_Jack> yeah we've seeen the drivermadness site - it's great!
*** zulah has quit ([CS] Quit: )

<driverman> Hey Jack You have checked my website?
<aV09s> have you checked my Driv3r replay? http://media.putfile.com/Taxi-Driv3r
<Reflections_Jack> yes Driv3r big problem graphic PC. No dpl problem. no pc
<driverman> lol jack
<Reflections_Jack> =]
<Brok> aV09s- he probably hasn't had a chance yet
<driverfan> you play a lot of games Jack?
<Reflections_Jack> i couldn't get it to load... is it a movie file
<Guest516> if i use 3D MAX 8 can i mod D3 to downsize the graphis
<Guest516> to make it run way faste
<Guest516> r
<lmm0611> can you customize a school bus
<Reflections_Jack> we've all been very busy finishing DPL, and haven't had much chance to play other games for a while
<driverman> can jack you speak to me please about the version ps2 of driver 4 into private?
<Reflections_Jack> yep you can customise all vehicles... paint jobs, nitro... even the big JCB diggers. you can give them 78 inch alloys!
<Guest516> i wished some one would post on my driver forum...
<jazzyj> woo!
<driverman> Driver 4 have problem with PS2 SCPH-390010?
<D_River> JCB digger, is the front operable?
<Guest516> will you post on the atari forums ever or are you going to continue lurking
<Reflections_Jack> that's one thing we missed out on i'm afraid... no it's not. But it's great at ploughing through traffic with nitro
<D_River> ok, thnx maybe in an later game
<actiongamer> is the blue 2006 HUD as annoying as it looks, Jack?
<Reflections_Jack> it's safer to lurk on the forums i'm afraid... we'd spend all day in flame wars instead of working on the games!
<D_River> Big-Boss, I think it should run on your PS2
<Guest516> i guess thats a little problem, but we could have flame wars here and we haven't had any.
<driverfan> Answer actiongamers question
<driverfan> jack
<Reflections_Jack> i don't think the HUD is annoying =] the guy we had to design the HUDs did a great job. He also created all the paint jobs for the cars
*** lmm0611 has quit (Ping timeout)
<nato777> I will post my movie on atari.com
<driverman> Driver Pl is photorealistic texture or ordinary?
<nato777> Until then, see you later!
*** nato777 has quit ([CS] Quit: Powered by the JavaSpike)
<Reflections_Jack> bye nato
<driverfan> I'm leaving
<driverfan> bye Jack!
<Reflections_Jack> the textures were all taken from photos that we took in New York. There're all based on the real thing
<lmm0611> do you think DPL is like GTA
<Reflections_Jack> bye dfan
<Reflections_Jack> no, it's a very different game...
<aV09s> Are the textures THE actual photos or how are they manipulated to look appropriate for the game?
<driverfan> Do you have MSN Jack?
<driverfan> Do you have MSN messanger JACK?
<driverfan> just private message it to me if you don't want to show to public
<Guest516> i'd like to contact you.
<Reflections_Jack> they do what they do so well, and we feel we've really found a different syle. GTA's car handling and chases have nothing on us =]
<driverman> Hey Jack World Trade center included with Driver?
<Guest516> 78*
<D_River> WTC, 78 yes
<driverman> Cool!!!!!
<Reflections_Jack> the textures are taken from the photos... we just remove or change anything that's copyright like shop signs and so on
*** razor has left #driverchat
<aV09s> What's in place of the WTC in 2006? A memorial? Construction? A new skyscraper designed specifically for the game?
<jazzyj> is all of new york explorable from the beginning of the game?
*** actiongamer has quit ([CS] Quit: Powered by the JavaSpike)
*** lmm0611 has quit (Ping timeout)
<Reflections_Jack> yes the WTC wasn't actually quite finished in 1978, but we've cheated a little and have it in game.
<D_River> 1978 version yes I think
<Guest516> i was thinking about game design and i wanted to make a game a little like DRIVER. Do you have any small tips.
<Guest516> you cant give out your secret
<driverfan> if anyone want to contact me, then please private messege me here at: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/inde..._forum&f=24879
<driverfan> My username is Comaro
<Guest516> ok
<Reflections_Jack> in 2006 ground zero is pretty much what it is in real life. We didn't want to put anything there that could possibly cause any offence
<driverfan> You'll find me somewhere in there
<D_River> atari/ina-community? driverfan?
<driverfan> you may have to register to PM me, but theres really nothing to it.
<driverfan> join the forum while you're at it!
<driverfan> I really have to go
<D_River> cya driverfan
<Reflections_Jack> yes the whole map is open at the start of the game. But the missions lead you to explore it piece by piece
<jazzyj> excellent
<driverfan> bye
<Reflections_Jack> bye
<jazzyj> bye
<driverman> Driver 4 is multilangue in USA?
*** driverfan has quit ([CS] Quit: Powered by the JavaSpike)
<D_River> I´ll start exploring as fast as I can get the game
<Guest516> The DRIVER SiTE should have it's own chat room for all driver games and there should be a set time each week to chat to one of the reflections team.
<lmm0611> why new york
<driverman> Driver 3 in canada is french
<Reflections_Jack> there are 50 tokens to collect that are hidden in each 'era' of the city. Finding all of them will keep you busy while you explore
<Guest516> it saves me having to download IRC all the time and seeing it won't work for me
<driverman> Canadian city of Driver 5?
<jazzyj> is there a prixe for collecting those 50 tokens?
<jazzyj> *prize
<Guest516> it must be secret
<driverman> my copie of Driver 4 14 March!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<Reflections_Jack> New York just seems perfect for Driver to us. It was the final city in Driver1 and it's a classic american thriller type of location.
<jazzyj> the game literally does go back to its roots!
<driverman> New York in Driver is what Km2?
<Guest516> Will there be a extra large city for the PS3 version of DRIVER if there is going to be one.
<Reflections_Jack> you unlock different things at 10, 30, and 50 tokens.
<Guest516> 56gig to fill in there blue-ray technology
<driverman> 258km of new york in Driver 4?
<aV09s> Is the Statue of Liberty visible in the game?
<Reflections_Jack> yep, we can't wait to fill the next gen consoles with Driver city!
<D_River> Guest516/driv3r_madness, I am JAV_Swedish if you wonder.
<Guest516> the city could have over 20,000 miles you'll just need a heck of a team.
<luvmygames> I was really bummed out about the cartoon look until I realized that D! & D2 were both cartoon looking and they were a LOT of fun to play.
<Guest516> of 50 years to create the game.
<Reflections_Jack> You can see Liberty accross the water. I think there's something like 560 miles of road in DPL
<Guest516> A game that i've always have dreamed of was a game with a entire planet.
<jazzyj> holy crap!
<luvmygames> the demo say 260 miles
<luvmygames> wow
*** lmm0611 has quit (Connection reset by peer)
<aV09s> Maybe it's doubled because of '78 and '06
<Guest516> isn't it 1000 miles in the two era's
<Reflections_Jack> oh okay - in that case it'll be 260 miles in each era! sorry =]
<luvmygames> wow great
<driverman> km is?
<Guest516> i've burnet the privews of DRIV3R and PL and they all wen't out to buy D3 and cant wait to buy D:PL.
<aV09s> You're going to ask JAck to do metric conversions for you?
<Guest516> They all liked D3.
<Reflections_Jack> 260 miles is 418 km
<driverman> WOW
*** tmb11 has quit ([CS] Quit: ...)
<driverman> is big
<Guest774> "the cartoon look" -> this really concerns me.
<driverman> Driver 4 is no cartoon look
<Reflections_Jack> yup, much bigger than we originally planned! It's huge
<Reflections_Jack> i talked before a bit about the look of the city...
<luvmygames> I'm really excited about the game. I was bummed about steering with the analog stick, but I'm already getting better
<aV09s> How was all of this done in only 18 months?!
<jazzyj> lol
<Reflections_Jack> i really don't think it's cartoony... it just has more colour and life compared to D3. I think you'll really like it
<driverman> its what which was most c
By madness
Well, if you read it you'd know. But it's the latest developers chat with reflections. All about DRIVER Parallel Lines, although other driver games where brought up like DRIV3R and stuntman.
By Sedans
im never around then that happens :(
By madness
I guess you mean the developers chat, there has only ever been 2 of them, I'm not sure if there going to have any again but I hope they do.

I guess there going to have them amung the release of the next Driver..

If they ever have another one I think I'll ask a few more questions about the modding side of the PC games.
By Sedans
hopefully, pc games in tha next generations of driver are moddable.
By madness
yes, lets hope they are.
And lets hope there all packed with SDKs.
And with UBISOFT making the conversions, the will be a different process of modding the game, I beleave.
By Sedans
wtf, whats and SDK? :|
By madness
a SDK is a "Standard Development Kit" which is a kit used to develop or modify something in this case a driver game.
By Sedans
so basically it mods tha game, ok thank you.we should put these things in my abbreviations list
By nato777
Registration Days Posts
HHAHAHHA!!!!

I remember that damn chat! I was trying to releive jack of some of the questions :D
By Sedans
its that funny? :lol:
By madness
I look back at the logs and think, damn... I asked some bizzare questions. Hopefully there will be a developer chat for the release of their next driver title.

If not I'm sure we can pass on everyones questions to a member of ubisoft to pass onto some developers at reflections.
By Coyote
lol yea they are some strange questions but also some good ones. I didn't know that they were 2 demos of DPL for example, I have only the old one.
By madness
Yeah, it was also great getting to know a little bit about the developers.
Hopefully if there is a next time, we get to know a lot more about the developers and the work they do.

"Jack Couvela" the art manager mentioned he worked on a little Mini white pink roofed car and it was his 11 year old first car he used to own.

I don't remember exactly which car that was, I better go back and play Driver: 2 to see what it was like. :)

I feels like of amazing getting to know what each developer worked on and the story behind what they worked on!
By Coyote
madness wrote:Yeah, it was also great getting to know a little bit about the developers.
Hopefully if there is a next time, we get to know a lot more about the developers and the work they do.

"Jack Couvela" the art manager mentioned he worked on a little Mini white pink roofed car and it was his 11 year old first car he used to own.

I don't remember exactly which car that was, I better go back and play Driver: 2 to see what it was like. :)

I feels like of amazing getting to know what each developer worked on and the story behind what they worked on!
Yes I agree it's very interesting :). And funny to know that the hidden car in Havanna was one of the developpers cars :P. The car looks just exactly like a Mini, it's white and has a pink roof, as you said, and I'm not sure but I think it has a british license plate. I know where it is.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]