Discussion for Driver: Parallel Lines (2006)

Should Of They Kept Online Play?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
0%
Don't Care
No votes
0%
By superjake
Registration Days Posts
Does anyone know why they took away online play for DriverPL????

And for the poll I vote yes!
By madness
Yes, I think they should have keeped the online play feature.
I'm not quite sure why they took it out, however they should have keeped it in, they could have gotten better reviews by the press, because there is that extra feature which would keep the game alive a lot longer.

They could have also trailed something like split-screen as well.
By JAY
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
They took it out because it was not as good as the singleplayer...Gareth Edmondson said so...

But maybe we'll see one in the pc version...
By madness
Yeh, but when you really think about it, who cares if it's not as good as single player, it's an extra feature for when you complete the game. And that extra feature may have made it a slightly more popular game.

And hopefully we do see one in the PC Version, PC multiplayer appears to be more popular than console multi-player.

And now UBISOFT help out, maybe they think the same and there will be multiplayer on the new future releases. And this part is unlikly but maybe they can release a Second Edition, I mean they did it with WIndows 98 and it was very successful.

But we will see in the future of DRIVER.
By Sedans
YYYYEEEAAA!!!! Online Play Rules*

*most of tha time
By madness
Well we know it's defaintly coming out on the PSP Console, lets just hope it comes out with Multiplayer on the Wii and PC, it would also be nice if lets say one plays on Multiplayer on the Wii one could be on a PC playing against a Wii player.

I don't think I've ever seen that done with a game but that'd be nice.
Then there is always more chance of someone being online.

Which is a good thing :D
By lh1
Registration Days Posts
The Online Play Feature had been confirmed by UBISOFT for DPL/D76 (PSP only) for PC Wii & PSP.

Here is some evidence to prove that DPL (PC & Wii) and D76 (PSP) have Online Play feature.

For PC & Wii

>RACING IN FREE WORLDS to complete various solution methods over over 35 missions

>Experience authentic ACTION RACING IN STYLES HOLLYWOODS

>Play with other players in EXCITING MULTIPLAYER COMPETITIONS

>Control over 80 MOBILE ONES and CHANGEABLE VEHICLES (CARS, MOTORCYCLES OR TRUCKS) with the damage system of the extra class typical for Driver

>Experience two exciting time periods - NEW YORK TOWN CENTER IN the YEARS 1978 & 2006

>Strong quality improvements compared with the preceding Driver versions (AI, diagram, physics and much more besides)

For PSP

>Completely new contents exclusively for PSP: 27 new missions were developed particularly for PSP.

>Prehistory parallel to Driver LINEs: The title plays two years before the events from Driver in the year 1976, thus parallel LINEs.

>Multi-player mode and downloadable contents: The multi-player modes cover road running, destruction matches and many more. In addition new Farbpaletten for the collected cars in the garage can be downloaded.

>The authentic New York of the seventies experience: Realistic architecture, music, car and clothes from the Siebzigern. The play area covers New York von Jersey to Coney Iceland.

>Modify from collected cars: All favourite cars from the 70ern can be collected and be modified with the help of the incomes from Nebenmissionen.

>Snaps Rennaction in the Hollywood style: Quick motorraces and spectacular accidents. Various Tuningmöglichkeiten provides thereby for breath-robbing speed.

>Authentic sound TRACKs from the Siebzigern: The well-known musical classical authors arouse the seventies to the life.

ALL THIS INFORMATION ARE FROM UBISOFT.COM/DE WEBSITE
By nitrored
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I GOT THE AD IN MY GAMEINFORMER, IT SAYS NOTHING BOUT IT BEIN ONLINE :evil:
By madness
It defiantly has online on the PSP, Wii and PC version.
Also are you able to scan that page in the magazine and post it here? that's if you have a scanning device of course.
By zoton2
Registration Days Posts Posts
Also, I wonder if the Official Nintendo Magazine (I think thats what it is) in the UK will say anything about Driver Parallel Lines for the Wii, I'll have to check the packaging every so often and see if they do.
By nitrored
okay ill scan the ad, but how do you get it on a post? copy and paste dosent work? plz answer in a pm. :wink:
By nitrored
ok ill do it now.....................................
By nitrored
ok tada :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8) :wink: :shock:
By Sedans
wtf them lil things look like nail clippers lmao!!!!
By madness
Thanks for the scan of the ad... it interesting that they have already started advertising. :D

It looks like UBISOFT is talking everything in the right direction.
By nitrored
Sedans wrote:wtf them lil things look like nail clippers lmao!!!!
??????????????/////////// :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
By Sedans
those little things near tha bottom, tha silver things

After some testing, I got it to work. You have use[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4