News related to Driver in General can be created and located in here.
By madness
Games Career Fair
The London Game Career Fair is coming 23rd-24th of October and what makes this important to the driver community is that Ubisoft Reflections is setting up an Exhibit. At the moment there is no information about what reflections is going to show everyone however we hope they'll shed some light on their next driver project.

On the 23rd of October at 1pm Chris Preston, Engineering Manager of Ubisoft Reflections is talking to everyone about "A career in Programming".

Unfortunately this is only available for viewing in London, however we do hope to get some video footage for you all to see, if we are successful well be sure to make it available here at Driver Madness as soon as possible.

Top Downloads
Modifications
Handling Modification v0.10
FBI Paintjob for 2006 M700 Cop Car
LAPD Paintjob for 2006 M700 Cop Car
Videos
Fake - Driver Next Generation Preview
Babbs DRIV3R Videos
LoXodonte's DRIV3R Videos
Driver 2 - Cuban Connection Video Series
Other Files:
DPL Free Exclusive Tracks
DPL Fansite Kit
SL Converter | .dds ripper

10,000th Post
Here at Driver Madness we just received our 10,000th Post more news about that here.

Looking for a Job (Extended)
Ubisoft is also looking for some Network Programmers, so we believe there is an even bigger chance of seeing Multi-player Functionality.
Network Programmers wrote:A successful candidate will be responsible for implementing a variety of online-related features in one of our innovative driving games for major home consoles. Senior and entry-level positions are available.

Responsibilities:

• Implement practical and timely solutions that meet the game design and technical requirements.
• Work with our existing team to investigate, design and implement class-leading online features for our future games.
• Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organising and planning your own work.

Requirements:

• Passionate about playing and making games.
• A strong interest in a career in online game engineering.
• Good C/C++ programming skills.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other relevant subject, or equivalent knowledge gained through work.
• Ability to plan your work and then deliver on time.
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.

Desirable skills:

• Any experience implementing or designed networked systems.
• Experience solving online games issues related to latency, bandwidth and synchronization.

Please send a current CV to HR-Reflections@ubisoft.com. We offer a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package as well as being part of an international group of companies with a proven track record.
Last edited by madness on Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Coyote
Shame I have holidays now but I don't go to London :?

Is the entry free ?
By Skeleton
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
in my opinion ubisoft can announce the new driver,it's name,the consoles which it'll come and maybe a little trailer or a few screenshots.
By Driver911
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
It sounds cool but very simple - It isn't right?
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Well i'm back at school now, but would love to go to a games show one day. Unfortunatly it would make it hard since it's in London. WHy can't they bring some good stuff down the arse end of the world (NZ and AUS)
By madness
Well this is for people looking for jobs in the gaming industry.
If it was in Australia a employee from Ubisoft Reflections won't be there, since London is close to newcastle.

I just got an email back from some of the organizers of the fair and they say that if Chris doesn't mind his presentation posted on the internet we will all be able to see it and he just might say something about their next project, who knows yet.

But I'm very interested in seeing what he has to say...
By madness
Daltarin-Elite wrote:Who is chris?
"Chris Preston, Engineering Manager of Ubisoft Reflections"
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]