News related to Driver in General can be created and located in here.
By madness
Ubisoft recently added a whole lot of new positions, could this mean a future Driver game is in the works. Or could there be a shift to developing more realistic vehicle handling for a future watch dogs game or maybe even The Crew.

They are looking for
- Technical Animator
- Expert Animation Programmer
- Expert Physics Programmer
- Expert AI Programmer
- Data Manager
- Vehicle Programmer
- Lead Technical Artist
- Vehicle Handling Designer

More info, and updated job results at
http://www.indeed.co.uk/jobs?q=Ubisoft+ ... job_alerts

Please note the listings on that page will self delete when a position has been filled or Ubisoft Reflections feel there has been a specific number of respondents.
Driver is dead obviously, this is probably for Watch_Dogs II or The Crew.
It's kind of funny to me that people are hired to do one tiny thing, when I'm able to do every thing that Madness listed up for job positions and more.
PostalDude wrote:
DatDirtyBananas wrote:Nice. Maybe they will make a real f***ing DRIVER game for once! :wink:
Not going to happen. Mongboat Fuckadise was their last ditch attempt at making money off the Driver IP before they put it in purgatory/kill it off.
I know. Dreams don't really come true :(
DatDirtyBananas wrote:
PostalDude wrote:
DatDirtyBananas wrote:Nice. Maybe they will make a real f***ing DRIVER game for once! :wink:
Not going to happen. Mongboat Fuckadise was their last ditch attempt at making money off the Driver IP before they put it in purgatory/kill it off.
I know. Dreams don't really come true :(
Oh but they do. If you truly desire a dream to come true, you must have complete control over it, you must own it. If we really want to see Driver reincarnate, and finally be released as a true Driver title, one of us must buy the Driver title.
Skylabh wrote:
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:... one of us must buy the Driver title.
Well this does not mean that Ubigay will want to sell the Driver franchise later.
While being true, they obviously have no use for it so they would probably love to make an extra large amount of money off what they obviously see as a jar of sand.
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:It's kind of funny to me that people are hired to do one tiny thing
I beg to differ,
Vehicle Handling Designer for example would be a full time job quite a while, a year or two.
It takes a lot of programming to get vehicle handling, physics and dynamics programmed perfectly.
I cannot be sure, I'm no expert, but remember there is probably 60 different vehicles to write for and then all the traffic AI.

Vehicle Programmer probably work together with Vehicle Handling Designer but will probably focus on traffic AI more. I'm not sure.

A lot of these job positions can be given jobs that last the entire development cycle of the game and when there part is finished they can work on other Ubisoft titles.

I think this could be the sign of a decent game. But it makes us wonder if anything happened to their previous staff who did those positions with Driver San Francisco. Or if they are adding to their current team to make an even better game that they couldn't have before.
Now that I really go into deep thought about the defined subjects, I can guess that it's time consuming for most individuals, especially with massive vehicle counts. I cannot enter the mind of a select few random people to set an average of mental process speed, rate, and perfection, but I can only guess that with less people doing a certain job such as vehicle programming, it takes far longer to complete the task.

I've once attempted to teach both my parents (at separate times, not together) how to simply get used to some interface in Blender and how to do some basic 3D modeling, I simplified it to an easy to understand task. They struggled with it all, and had a hard time taking in lots of information in a short time span. This tells me that more developers for specific positions would be important and development with few people would be very slow.

In my own personal case, it's far different, so I cannot set an example at all. I'm able to take in massive amounts of information in very short time periods and remember nearly all of it depending on how important I feel the subject is. I think that is why I had stated "It's kind of funny to me that people are hired to do one tiny thing" because I cannot relate to that. Oh this is making me want to read more into phycology.
Skylabh wrote:
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:... one of us must buy the Driver title.
I won't buy a game unless it's worth it and Ubisoft latest titles were only marketing overhyped products which fell by their feet (filled with bugs and other stuff).

If we buy a sh*tty game they will start oversaturating the market with it, see Assasins Creed (from a quality product it turned into year release filled with errors), it's the Ubisoft COD right now. But if we don't buy a sh*tty game then prob the devs will either kill or sell the franchise, or third option, think a little bit and solve the mistakes releasing a decent game with not forced development schedules. But seeing the latest Driver i don't think that Ubisoft actually think.
By the kid 78
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:Driver is dead obviously, this is probably for Watch_Dogs II or The Crew.
It's kind of funny to me that people are hired to do one tiny thing, when I'm able to do every thing that Madness listed up for job positions and more.
You will cost them more than they want so they divide those requirement in parts, and get lower price freelancers, as I know most of reflections group is dispatched some are still working for Ubisoft some are working for other companies other than gaming industry.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]