Discussion for DRIV3R (2004)
By bb_42001
btw, i spent a whole day trying to research your problem and tried everything i could think of on my Driver 3 PS2 disk, but i came to the conclusion it is encoded in such a way that only a PS2 can read it.

bb42001

Noodles

By cd1234
Registration Days Posts
bb_42001 wrote:btw, i spent a whole day trying to research your problem and tried everything i could think of on my Driver 3 PS2 disk, but i came to the conclusion it is encoded in such a way that only a PS2 can read it.
Damn I guess they didnt want anyone messing with it (Geez Reflections, all I want is the stupid sounds and music) but what I dont get is that they make these games on PCs and im sure they encode everything on PCs so they must have some super proprietary program used to compile this file. I have uploaded this driver3.img file on megaupload for someone over on the xentax forums to take a look at and they are adding it to their server for someone else to look at and I hope they figure it out. its weird that reflections interactive chose the IMG extension for an archive file but bb_42001 maybe if you can check all the other files on the ps2 disk like the SLUS file maybe that will have clues and check all of the other files on the disk. There HAS to be a way to open this file. someone on one of the other forums sent me a few programs to try I might try those some time. and someone else is ripping the sounds and music from the PC version and it will be a huge RAR file so that is a start.

Thanks BB_42001 for trying I appreciate the help.
By cd1234
Registration Days Posts
Nikusakken wrote:Well, if any of you manage to ask for a Reflections developer to give some of the tools used...
Thats probably the last thing they will do is give away a tool they used to make this file.
By cleone
cd1234 wrote:
chrisl121212 wrote:When I get Driver for PC I will extract the Ingame Music. Just a heads up, it will be a huge RAR.
That would be great at least I will get what i'm after. id like the sound effects and the music and im not sure about the videos but if they can be played out of the game then include those too. I can handle RAR files so thats not a problem and I can handle Split archives I have WinRAR HJsplit and plenty of programs not a problem.

Thanks.
Videos and music most likely. I was able to do those for DPL, but the videos will be a SUPER pain in the as$ to extract.
By cd1234
Registration Days Posts
[/quote]
Videos and music most likely. I was able to do those for DPL, but the videos will be a SUPER pain in the as$ to extract.[/quote]

then dont worry about the movies, just get the SFX and music and other audio. the movies are probably just the cutscenes during missions and theres plenty of walkthrough vids on youtube that have those.
Thanks.
By cleone
cd1234 wrote:
Videos and music most likely. I was able to do those for DPL, but the videos will be a SUPER pain in the as$ to extract.[/quote]

then dont worry about the movies, just get the SFX and music and other audio. the movies are probably just the cutscenes during missions and theres plenty of walkthrough vids on youtube that have those.
Thanks.[/quote]
I can't extract the sound effects, but the music shouldn't be hard.
By cd1234
Registration Days Posts
"cleone"

Aww man there has to be a way to get the SFX from this game. id like to have that singing noise heard in istanbul when your near that palace church. and the disco party boy like music. lets hope the folks over at the xentax forum are having any luck. look for .XA files im thinking this was the audio formats but im not sure.
By cleone
cd1234 wrote:
"cleone"

Aww man there has to be a way to get the SFX from this game. id like to have that singing noise heard in istanbul when your near that palace church. and the disco party boy like music. lets hope the folks over at the xentax forum are having any luck. look for .XA files im thinking this was the audio formats but im not sure.
Don't worry about the music though, I've got that covered if I get D3 PC for Christmas.
By cd1234
Registration Days Posts
"cleone writes"

Don't worry about the music though, I've got that covered if I get D3 PC for Christmas.
That would be cool if you could get both the SFX and music from driver 3 on PC. I've heard that the game's files are not in a large IMG archive file like on the ps2 version. they should be right there once the game is installed. just look thru the game's files usually c:\program files/atari or reflections interactive(not sure of which) /Driv3r. then maybe sounds or music folder somewhere within. im sorry I dont have this game for PC just PS2.

LOL im finally learning the ropes on quoting posts deleting what I dont want to quote.

Thanks again.
By cleone
cd1234 wrote:
"cleone writes"

That would be cool if you could get both the SFX and music from driver 3 on PC. I've heard that the game's files are not in a large IMG archive file like on the ps2 version. they should be right there once the game is installed. just look thru the game's files usually c:\program files/atari or reflections interactive(not sure of which) /Driv3r. then maybe sounds or music folder somewhere within. im sorry I dont have this game for PC just PS2.

LOL im finally learning the ropes on quoting posts deleting what I dont want to quote.

Thanks again.
I know, I know, I already have experience from modding DPL. Driv3r's file system is similar to DPL's. Also, I will extract the music when I get my computer back, since I have a better converter than the one Jay recently posted.
By cd1234
Registration Days Posts
cleone writes

I know, I know, I already have experience from modding DPL. Driv3r's file system is similar to DPL's. Also, I will extract the music when I get my computer back, since I have a better converter than the one Jay recently posted.
OK Thanks again.
By Driver of DOOM
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Is it good practice to talk to yourself?
By cd1234
Registration Days Posts
Driver of DOOM

I was simply replying to Cleone's post who was trying to help me with an issue regarding Driv3r.
By cleone
Driver of DOOM wrote:Is it good practice to talk to yourself?
Talking to yourself is very helpful for remembering things! Don't diss it til you tried it!
By Driver of DOOM
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I was, the trick is not to get caught, and I think I just got caught!
By cleone
Driver of DOOM wrote:I was, the trick is not to get caught, and I think I just got caught!
Don't be ashamed of it! I do it in public! :lol:
By cleone
PostalDude wrote:
cleone wrote:I do it in public! :lol:
CHRIS FUCKS PEOPLE IN PUBLIC
No, I was talking about talking to myself.

After some testing, I got it to work. You have use[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4