Discussion for DRIV3R (2004)
By hollon
Registration Days
I get an error message that says:

Failed to create DirectX

No supported display adapter present.

I have reinstalled the game, updated my graphics card driver, and installed the newest version of DirectX (10). Any ideas on how to fix this?
By madness
You may have a graphics card that doesn't support driv3r. So if you know the name of your graphics card, what is it?

and to help me target the problem please use the "start" button
---> go to "run"
---> type in "dxdiag"
---> press "ok"
---> press the "Save All Information" button
---> save it on your desktop
---> on this forum go to post reply
---> type a message for your next post
---> click browse find the file you just saved on the desktop
---> type in a file comment (anything)
---> click attach
---> press "submit" to submit your post
so then I'll be able to take a look at your pc's specs in detail so I can find any problems which might stop driv3r from working on your pc.
By Bandito
Registration Days
madness wrote:You may have a graphics card that doesn't support driv3r. So if you know the name of your graphics card, what is it?

and to help me target the problem please use the "start" button
---> go to "run"
---> type in "dxdiag"
---> press "ok"
---> press the "Save All Information" button
---> save it on your desktop
---> on this forum go to post reply
---> type a message for your next post
---> click browse find the file you just saved on the desktop
---> type in a file comment (anything)
---> click attach
---> press "submit" to submit your post
so then I'll be able to take a look at your pc's specs in detail so I can find any problems which might stop driv3r from working on your pc.
i have the same problem!!! i will try to do, what did you said;)
maybe you can help!
By madness
I've taken a look at the file you gave me "Bandito", and I strongly suggest you make an upgrade until Driver 3 will work.

This is because you have internal 32.0 MB of Video Memory which I believe is shared with your ram and driv3r on minimum requires 64MB common Nvidia or ATI card.

These days you can purchase a new computer which will be able to run driv3r for about $400 new. As long as it meets the following system specifications.
driv3r_specs wrote: Minimum System Requirements
System: 1.5Ghz processor or equivalent
RAM: 256 MB
Video Memory: 64 MB
Hard Drive Space: 5500 MB
Other: Win 2000/XP
I think the best solution is to buy a new pc, All I can say is that is the way all pc games are today. They are all system resource eaters and to be able to play them you usually have to constantly upgrade your pc.

If you do decided to get a new pc to play the game I suggest you get something better than my suggest below otherwise the game will run quite poorly. These specs should be easy to find in new pc's today.
driv3r_recommended_specs wrote: CPU: 2.4Ghz processor or equivalent
RAM: 512 MB
Video Memory: 256 MB (GeForce FX 6600GT or above | not sure about ATI cards)
Other: Win 2000/XP | Vista will work with driv3r.
By Bandito
Registration Days
Thank you! I think, that i will upgrade my computer! Buy new, i don't know! This one is good. A lot of other games i can play, like FIFA07, NFSU...
But anyway thanks! Now i need to decide what to do;)
By madness
Now I cannot say anything on FIFA07's behalf because I have never played this page however I'll make a quick search on the internet to check out it's specs.

According to the FIFA07 website, this game requires fairly low system specs.

NFSU on the other hand, I was amazed how slower pc this could run on. According to one of it's official site this game will run on a cpu slower than 1Ghz and only requires 32MB AGP video.

So basically these two games just fit in the category of you current pc.
Newer games most likely won't work, maybe some titles like FIFA07 you mentioned.

But if you went out to buy loads of new pc games you'll find most of them won't work and you just miss out on running DRIV3R :(

Anyways good luck on your next pc purchase if you decided to do so.
If you require any further guidance I'll be happy to help!
By max.thunder
You better try with the newest .exe dating from 2007 by Ubisoft. Maybe it could solve the problem.

I can send it to you.
By VAIMAHDO
Postaldude, DOKTOR is actually doing right. It's not necessary to make several of the same topic, no matter how much time has passed. Free Chat is an older topic, we have been using it since then very often.
By Wheels
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
I would have to agree with Madness and Max thunder. But you've got to remember that sometimes even if you try everything to fix it, it can still be a prick.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]