Discussion for DRIV3R (2004)

DRIV3R to the RAGE engine ?

Good idea
100%
Bad idea
No votes
0%
By Skylabh
I answered to PostalDude in fact. As for your question, i did not change any sounds, so i do not know which sounds you are talking about :?: Only the radio stations have been changed. But i already tested Miami and Nice police sirens otherwise.
By DatDirtyBananas
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Skylabh wrote:I answered to PostalDude in fact. As for your question, i did not change any sounds, so i do not know which sounds you are talking about :?: Only the radio stations have been changed. But i already tested Miami and Nice police sirens otherwise.
Nice. Doesm't DRIV3R have a engine sound system like GTA IV? If so, that's gonna be good :o
By PostalDude
DatDirtyBananas wrote:
Skylabh wrote:I answered to PostalDude in fact. As for your question, i did not change any sounds, so i do not know which sounds you are talking about :?: Only the radio stations have been changed. But i already tested Miami and Nice police sirens otherwise.
Nice. Doesm't DRIV3R have a engine sound system like GTA IV? If so, that's gonna be good :o
You don't look into the technical underpinnings of games very much, do you?
By DatDirtyBananas
PostalDude wrote:
DatDirtyBananas wrote:
You don't look into the technical underpinnings of games very much, do you?
Nope, I'm a moron :(
By Skylabh
It's true that this part of the map (with the running track) is empty, because it was reconstituted piece by piece with Antilli and 3Ds Max, so there are no props or buildings in place, just a big area for driving.
By Vortex
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts LikeBB Avatar
An interesting interior to "rebuild" in Rage Engine would be the police HQ with the shooting range no ? Because gunfight in GTA IV are wayyyy better than in Driv3r :D
By Ss4gogeta0
Registration Days Posts Posts
Forgive me for bumping but I am very intrigued in this Idea... The GTA Modding community would greatly benefit from a conversion project such as this (Especially since the rules have recently changed and any game from 2005 and prior can have assets converted to GTA without the fear of retribution)... I know alot of modder's aswell as gamers who would be interested in having the Driver 3 Miami maps ported to GTA IV and I believe a number of them could contribute in some way aswell...

I myself am a modder (But sadly I do not deal with the RAGE Engine, only the Renderware Engine of past GTA games) and I am willing to try to contribute somehow (with my vastly limited and almost insignificant RAGE skillset. The most I can do is create separate radio stations myself and import them into GTA IV)
DatDirtyBananas wrote:Wow, if there's a possibility to be able to make it multiplayer (like with GTA IV:SA) this is going to be one of my favorite mods of all time :D
actually, if this were to become an actual full conversion. It would very well be possible due to NTAuthority working on his CitizenIV Multiplayer client. It allows for any Total Conversion to have seamless multiplayer support that is similar to GTA V's style of Multiplayer... :wink:
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:DRIV3R indeed looks far finer in Rage engine. Even that dumpster, with it's flat polygon wheels, looks polished. (Y)
Also seeing the grenade launcher imported into GTA IV with proper programming on the weapon would be an awesome thing to see.
Grenade launcher has already been ported into GTA IV's standalone (Not EFLC) using scripts, so I can imagine it would not be too hard to do :P

anyway keep up the good work on this. and if you feel up to it, you could always start a thread on GTAForums about this to garner in some attention. who knows, it might be a way to unite both the GTA and Driver modding community :D

also there is an alternative to the RAGE engine called "GRIT". It was an engine developed by a few GTA Modders quite a while back specifically so that people can make stand alone total conversions for those who wanted to expand a bit more and it offers alot of leeway in terms of limits...

http://gritengine.com/

anyway good luck :P
By PostalDude
GTAForums, for the most part, is autistic as hell GTA fanboys who dismiss any other game involving the abilities to drive cars, get out of your car, and steal other cars as a "GTA Clone", which is one of the most retarded buzzwords ever created. So good luck with "uniting both the GTA and Driver modding community"
BTW
Driver 2 Modding scene
No such thing.
By Ss4gogeta0
PostalDude wrote:GTAForums, for the most part, is autistic as hell GTA fanboys who dismiss any other game involving the abilities to drive cars, get out of your car, and steal other cars as a "GTA Clone", which is one of the most retarded buzzwords ever created. So good luck with "uniting both the GTA and Driver modding community"
BTW
Driver 2 Modding scene
No such thing.
true, alot of the more recent GTAForum members are rather retarded (all I hear is talk about moving all IV mods to V the moment it comes out which pisses me off to no end because people don't seem to understand the time it takes to make these things)

but, not all people on GTAF think in that way, I myself included.. most of the poeple who do are either under the age of 17 or are the types of people who would claim that modifying a simple text file for ENB to raise the brightness up to 11 and over bloom the damn game is modding... Image

either way... I still want to see assets from D3 converted to RAGE... it would give people something new to mess around with and talk about other than V
PostalDude wrote:BTW
Driver 2 Modding scene
No such thing.
you know what i ment... Image

I want to be able to atleast extract what I can from Driver 2... if not become able to do limited modding to it... I know it doesn't fully exist, and I do not see the need for you to post about my signature.. I am taking it as an attack on my intelligence. which you should not be doing considering the fact you know nothing about me (although a quick google search on my username will bring up some curious results...)
By DatDirtyBananas
PostalDude wrote:GTAForums, for the most part, is autistic as hell GTA fanboys who dismiss any other game involving the abilities to drive cars, get out of your car, and steal other cars as a "GTA Clone", which is one of the most retarded buzzwords ever created. So good luck with "uniting both the GTA and Driver modding community"
BTW
Driver 2 Modding scene
No such thing.
Why do I have a feeling that this was from Encyclopedia Dreamtica?
By PostalDude
DatDirtyBananas wrote:
BTW
Driver 2 Modding scene
No such thing.
I don't need to copy stuff off a dead malware and adware infested wiki for edgy 13 year olds.
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:you know what i ment...

I want to be able to atleast extract what I can from Driver 2... if not become able to do limited modding to it... I know it doesn't fully exist, and I do not see the need for you to post about my signature.. I am taking it as an attack on my intelligence. which you should not be doing considering the fact you know nothing about me (although a quick google search on my username will bring up some curious results...
That's about the only thing that can be done to Driver 2, besides some hex editing.
By Ss4gogeta0
PostalDude wrote:
DatDirtyBananas wrote:
BTW
Driver 2 Modding scene
No such thing.
I don't need to copy stuff off a dead malware and adware infested wiki for edgy 13 year olds.
ahh, that old crusty site... I remember someone wrote some stuff about some games I designed... good times back in 07...
PostalDude wrote:
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:you know what i ment...

I want to be able to atleast extract what I can from Driver 2... if not become able to do limited modding to it... I know it doesn't fully exist, and I do not see the need for you to post about my signature.. I am taking it as an attack on my intelligence. which you should not be doing considering the fact you know nothing about me (although a quick google search on my username will bring up some curious results...
That's about the only thing that can be done to Driver 2, besides some hex editing.
which is exactly why im here... besides, the things we have now were thought to be impossible 5 years ago...

anyway Im still trying to figure out how to extract textures, but I will save that for a different topic...
By Ss4gogeta0
DatDirtyBananas wrote:I guess I was thinking of their entry for GTAforums... :?
have not seen that one... Didn't know ED even had one about GTAForums lol...

anyway I was able to extract the maps from Driver 2, thanks to Skylabh, Krishty, and this guy on youtube whose name escapes me at the moment... hopefully it can be used to create some unique total conversions in GTA aswell as bring back interest to the Driver series...

now onward to Driver 3 lol
By DatDirtyBananas
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:

anyway I was able to extract the maps from Driver 2, thanks to Skylabh, Krishty, and this guy on youtube whose name escapes me at the moment... hopefully it can be used to create some unique total conversions in GTA aswell as bring back interest to the Driver series...

Mr. Shexshey? That's me lol
By Ss4gogeta0
DatDirtyBananas wrote:
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:

Mr. Shexshey? That's me lol
lol well thank you very much, I will update you guys on the progress of the mods that are planned for GTA using the cities that were extracted. :P

anyway I will try to be a somewhat active person on these forums, because I ment to before but school got in the way...
By Skylabh
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:Forgive me for bumping but I am very intrigued in this Idea... The GTA Modding community would greatly benefit from a conversion project such as this (Especially since the rules have recently changed and any game from 2005 and prior can have assets converted to GTA without the fear of retribution)...
Well it seems that some of the members at the GTA forums are against converted assets from other games apparently (topic about Driv3r).
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:anyway I was able to extract the maps from Driver 2, thanks to Skylabh, Krishty, and this guy on youtube whose name escapes me at the moment... hopefully it can be used to create some unique total conversions in GTA aswell as bring back interest to the Driver series...
You're welcome.
By Ss4gogeta0
Skylabh wrote:
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:Forgive me for bumping but I am very intrigued in this Idea... The GTA Modding community would greatly benefit from a conversion project such as this (Especially since the rules have recently changed and any game from 2005 and prior can have assets converted to GTA without the fear of retribution)...
Well it seems that some of the members at the GTA forums are against converted assets from other games apparently (topic about Driv3r).
http://gtaforums.com/forum-326/announce ... rum-rules/

They recently changed the rules, So Driv3r conversions are allowed... I have not seen the Driv3r topic on GTAForums yet as I have not been able to find it. I know there was a topic about Driver 2 but thats about it...

also the people who want pure rockstar stuff are a small majority... so don't worry, alot of people actually would welcome the Driv3r map...
By VAIMAHDO
I don't remember where, but I've seen a few screenshots somewhere on the internet of someone who remade DRIV3R cars for GTA SA, I believe the screenshots are from back in 2009. They were pretty dead on to almost exact, point being, there are definitely some people who are open to the idea of porting Driver stuff to GTA.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]