DRIV3R to the RAGE engine ?

Good idea
100%
Bad idea
No votes
0%
By Skylabh
Thank you Mark :)
DatDirtyBananas wrote:I might be doing HD remake of the Driv3r cars but I'm not sure how to put them into GTA IV :(
Well if you use 3ds Max, you can import/export models. If not, well i don't know.
By Skylabh
So i tried another approach with the headlights.
What i did is to delete the headlights of the challenger:
Image thumbnailImage thumbnail
I retrieved the headlights of the vigero and did a reconnection in the hierarchy:
And i combined the meshes with the bodyshell:

So in the game it looks like this:
As you can see the headlights are deformed as the result of the consecutive collisions.
Image thumbnail
Basically, this keeps the overall look of the challenger while keeping the original and functional headlights.
By Skylabh
DatDirtyBananas wrote:Sorry if I'm posting too much but how come the other parts of the car aren't deforming? (you can see the radiator sticking out) :?:
Just because i didn't put the required material/shader yet, so that's why the radiator is not affected.
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:Ah I would prefer the vehicles to be entirely original. That is, if these will be released as a mod.
Yes, it's just a matter of taste. Anyway there are a number of considerations to be taken into account.
If i deleted the headlights of the challenger, that's because of the collisions, and also because you can destroy the headlights's glass by bullet, so you can see the " inside " of the broken headlights. At least this is my point of view.
By Clutch
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I think that most important thing is that the car should be recognizable as D3 car. I like the shape of D3 Challenger, especially rear lights, so...
By Skylabh
Video update with colorful Challengers. Sorry for the annoying audio delay guys.
[youtube]
[/youtube]

Image thumbnail
By editing the carcols.dat, i think we could get more colors such as the PS2 version of Driv3r.
By Clutch
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Clutch wrote:Notice, that I haven't habit of writing "omg, rotfl, wtf, soe awsom stuf doode!" posts.
I woke up today, looked at this post and thought "yeah, boosting value of your own post... so self blow, mate". :)

I'd say in addition, that i'm considering downloading GTA IV, even for this single mod.
By max.thunder
I wish next GTA would be set in Miami, so we could enjoy the same feeling as in Driv3r but from a new perspective. Driv3r cars + Tanner = EPIC

Nice work as always.
By madness
I really hope GTA V has some sort of official modding support perhaps there could be like a mod store or something a bit like steam workshop. I hope they are working on more than wide pc compatibility and functions while spending an extra 2 months on the game for PC.

Everything everyone is doing on this thread is awesome. I would just love to be able to try it in GTA V :)

Cannot wait for January 27th to come soon enough :D
By PostalDude
madness wrote:I really hope GTA V has some sort of official modding support perhaps there could be like a mod store or something a bit like steam workshop. I hope they are working on more than wide pc compatibility and functions while spending an extra 2 months on the game for PC.

Everything everyone is doing on this thread is awesome. I would just love to be able to try it in GTA V :)

Cannot wait for January 27th to come soon enough :D
Unless they make a seperate .exe for GTA:O (which isn't going to happen, due to the seamless integration with SP), the files are going to be hexed to hell and the .exe will have some kind of file checksum.
By madness
PostalDude wrote:Unless they make a seperate .exe for GTA:O (which isn't going to happen, due to the seamless integration with SP), the files are going to be hexed to hell and the .exe will have some kind of file checksum.
Although a lot of work I'm sure they can implement some sort of extension/plugin system where instead of modifying vehicle handling, models and stuff you actually add them as a like plugin and there could be a plugin like app where you can install a certain file extension into the game.

So maps cannot be overwritten with new geometry but new geometry can be added far away from the original game. Perhaps on an island far away where online access won't go. It would be a shame with all the modding fans of the game and how open the game is and how awesome it makes to mod it. Sorry my brain is fog today I think I wrote that strangely, haha. I'll try not to post to much when I'm suffering from brain fog or brain poops.

I know this probably isn't going to happen. It's just too much work but imaging what they game could become if it was so open. Imagine if in the online world people could make and upload there own vehicles. It's one of the things I've dreamed off since I was younger. A big open world with so much openness. Not just those games where you could walk around chatting to random people something with all the features of GTA.

I was also dreaming when I was really young that imagine if you could be a part of the game. Back then I didn't even realise the term virtual reality. But that was what I had envisioned. But I seen it as shape shifting matter that alters whats around you until you quit the game. So when you fall over in the game you fall over in real life and the ground deforms to the dynamics of the game. That's some crazy stuff and probably won't happen for another million years of evolution but who knows. At the pace virtual reality is going the mind boggles.
By Olanov
DatDirtyBananas wrote:Wow, if there's a possibility to be able to make it multiplayer (like with GTA IV:SA) this is going to be one of my favorite mods of all time :D
So far it doesn't look like any scripting is involved so there's literally no reason as to why it shouldn't work online. All mods except scripts ones work online perfectly. Unless you're the type that drives around random lobbies with car mods. Car mods crash games.
By DatDirtyBananas
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Olanov wrote:
DatDirtyBananas wrote:Wow, if there's a possibility to be able to make it multiplayer (like with GTA IV:SA) this is going to be one of my favorite mods of all time :D
So far it doesn't look like any scripting is involved so there's literally no reason as to why it shouldn't work online. All mods except scripts ones work online perfectly. Unless you're the type that drives around random lobbies with car mods. Car mods crash games.
How strange. I modified almost all of my cars and it never crashes once :|
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]