Discussion for DRIV3R (2004)

DRIV3R to the RAGE engine ?

Good idea
100%
Bad idea
No votes
0%
By Skylabh
The other day i came across this old topic, and maybe some of you guys saw it, where a guy suggested the idea of Driv3r's miami map to the RAGE engine. Technically, it could be interesting to see how Driv3r models are rendered in RAGE. Of course it will be a lot of work. But i like the idea in fact. So what do you think guys ?

Link to the topic :
http://gtaforums.com/topic/512801-driv3 ... d-to-rage/
By VAIMAHDO
Well, Rockstar's RAGE engine or Natural Motion's Euphoria? Back in GTA 4, the game's physics engine and ragdoll physics was based heavily on Natural Motion's Euphoria. Now in GTA 5, it has been heavily modified. So are we talking about making the game run in RAGE engine for advanced mechanics and such or Euphoria? I bring this up because a LOT of people got confused with the two ( I don't see how you can though). Either or, still a great idea.
By Olanov
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:Well, Rockstar's RAGE engine or Natural Motion's Euphoria? Back in GTA 4, the game's physics engine and ragdoll physics was based heavily on Natural Motion's Euphoria.

You're forgetting the game itself runs on RAGE engine. NME was then implented to smoothen the transitions between animations and ragdoll physics etc. It doesn't hold up majorty of it.
By max.thunder
I think the guy talking in the forum idea was to create something like the Vice City RAGE or SA RAGE but with Driv3r. Meaning that it has Euphoria + RAGE.

I think that it's a good idea because GTA IV in terms of physics was great, it was the first GTA taking the steps into realism with elements of Driv3r. Also GTA has a strong community to support modding so it's a benefit, but the disvantage is if GTA fans care about (or even take time to decrypt) sandbox games of other companies. Because so far we only have seen GTA III era conversions.
By VAIMAHDO
Olanov wrote:
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:Well, Rockstar's RAGE engine or Natural Motion's Euphoria? Back in GTA 4, the game's physics engine and ragdoll physics was based heavily on Natural Motion's Euphoria.

You're forgetting the game itself runs on RAGE engine. NME was then implented to smoothen the transitions between animations and ragdoll physics etc. It doesn't hold up majorty of it.
I already knew it ran on RAGE engine. I was saying Euphoria is the ragdoll physics engine and controls some of the world's physics.
[youtube]
[/youtube]
By Olanov
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:I already knew it ran on RAGE engine. I was saying Euphoria is the ragdoll physics engine and controls some of the world's physics.
Then why bring it up? Skylabh made it very clear we are talking about RAGE engine here.
Skylabh wrote:The other day i came across this old topic, and maybe some of you guys saw it, where a guy suggested the idea of Driv3r's miami map to the RAGE engine. Technically, it could be interesting to see how Driv3r models are rendered in RAGE. Of course it will be a lot of work. But i like the idea in fact. So what do you think guys ?
By Skylabh
max.thunder wrote:I think the guy talking in the forum idea was to create something like the Vice City RAGE or SA RAGE but with Driv3r. Meaning that it has Euphoria + RAGE.
Indeed this guy was talking about a " Driv3r RAGE " mod, by importing Driv3r stuff.
By Skylabh
CarLuver69 wrote:If there was enough interest, I'd definitely help make this happen.
Yes but one thing is required to achieve this : exporting models ( not only the vehicles ) with the correct scale. The only way i see, is with antilli and its obj exporter ( this is the feature i'm waiting the most, quite frankly ).

Btw, i did some tests with openIV and 3Ds Max with a car from nice, the fun part is to juggling with GTA materials. And also respect the hierarchy of the vehicles.

One interesting thing, it's possible to clean up the whole map of the game. So you have more room for a new map. And by that i mean, textures, collisions, models etc. But the character will fall for ever.

About the buildings models, i tried with Tanner's house and the hardest part is to place the model in the map, with the ide,wpl files.

By Fireboyd78
I should really get to work on that, lol. I'm sorry things have taken so long - it's a lot to do with me getting bored of sticking to one thing and going off on another. Then I don't like the way something works, so I rewrite it. It's a never ending cycle. I'll get it done eventually, I really like where I've gotten my file importer/exporter to. Fast, effecient, and bug-free. Just the way I wanted it. Now only if I could get back to work on Antilli...just need a lot of motiviation.
By Skylabh
CarLuver69 wrote:... Now only if I could get back to work on Antilli...just need a lot of motiviation.
When you see the progress that has been done for Driver 2, it does not motivate you ? Because you guys are the living proof that the driver games can be modded (Y)
By Fab2cent
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
wait, im not very knowledgeable on mods and stuff, but are you guys talking about making driv3r Miami in the GTA IV engine!!! :shock:
By Olanov
Fab2cent wrote:wait, im not very knowledgeable on mods and stuff, but are you guys talking about making driv3r Miami in the GTA IV engine!!! :shock:
Yeah, basically about how it would be with Driv3r assets and what not. Would be a big thing though, not sure if it'll ever happen.
By VAIMAHDO
It will happen. Maybe not in RAGE engine but eventually the game will be ported to a high end rendering and advanced coded engine. With the model importer Carluver made, we already have enough materials to re-create the game.
Last edited by VAIMAHDO on Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Fireboyd78
Skylabh wrote:
CarLuver69 wrote:... Now only if I could get back to work on Antilli...just need a lot of motiviation.
When you see the progress that has been done for Driver 2, it does not motivate you ? Because you guys are the living proof that the driver games can be modded (Y)
Of course it motivates me. But I've really burned myself out working with the Driver games so much, I needed a break from it and wanted to explore other things. I'm coming back soon, haha.
By Skylabh
CarLuver69 wrote:Of course it motivates me. But I've really burned myself out working with the Driver games so much, I needed a break from it and wanted to explore other things. I'm coming back soon, haha.
Indigestion of Driver games. Burp :mrgreen:
By Skylabh
Clutch wrote:I think that some models need remastering... They will look ugly in RAGE.
Yes indeed, the low resolution textures of the Driv3r models do not really match with the texture quality of GTA 4. So it's possible to use GTA 4 textures like for the headlights and indicators in this pic :

It will look better for sure.
By VAIMAHDO
Wait! I have a great idea! Why not have the standard textures available when you change the game texture quality to Medium or Low, then when you turn them to High, the shiny, new HD textures will be enabled!
By Skylabh
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:Wait! I have a great idea! Why not have the standard textures available when you change the game texture quality to Medium or Low, then when you turn them to High, the shiny, new HD textures will be enabled!
Well when i saw the poor result in the game with the standard textures, that's what i planned to do and this is why i retextured the headlights and indicators of the car, as a test. But thank you for the suggestion anyway.
By VAIMAHDO
Plates with textures? These headlights are full:
And transparency can be easily applied to the headlights, resulting in this (After I added in a light bulb)
Post edited by Skylabh.
Reason: pictures no longer available.
By Skylabh
PostalDude wrote:That's totally not a Feroci. :P
Only some parts. :)

Btw, here is a screen with the car from Nice. I did not changed the wheels model for this time and this is only the gta default material so nothing exceptional.The car looks dull :specialdriver:
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]