Good idea
100%
Bad idea
No votes
0%
By PostalDude
DatDirtyBananas wrote:
Olanov wrote:
DatDirtyBananas wrote:Wow, if there's a possibility to be able to make it multiplayer (like with GTA IV:SA) this is going to be one of my favorite mods of all time :D
So far it doesn't look like any scripting is involved so there's literally no reason as to why it shouldn't work online. All mods except scripts ones work online perfectly. Unless you're the type that drives around random lobbies with car mods. Car mods crash games.
How strange. I modified almost all of my cars and it never crashes once :|
It crashes other people's games, genius. How does it feel to be the cancer killing IV MP, aka SMPA60?.
By Olanov
PostalDude wrote:It crashes other people's games, genius. How does it feel to be the cancer killing IV MP, aka SMPA60?.
^

If you go online to random lobbies and everybody doesn't have the EXACT same cars, people are gonna crash. Including you. With the SMPA60 error. This is well documented, too.

It can also occasionally crash in single player. If you have cars that a script or a game mission is using and it does something with them, maybe deleted them, you'll end up crashing with the same error. Same occurs if you save a modded car outside your safehouse, switch or remove the car mod. Bam, corrupted save game. SMPA60 error, cut and dried.
By DatDirtyBananas
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Olanov wrote:I don't hate you but I figured I'd put it out there cos we got a lot of idiots running around GTA IV multiplayer with car mods.
I'm kind of a noob at MultiPlayer because I didn't really have internet back then. Also I have a lot of hate on YouTube because of my opinions on things (I'm not even trolling) :?
By VAIMAHDO
DRIV3R indeed looks far finer in Rage engine. Even that dumpster, with it's flat polygon wheels, looks polished. (Y)
Also seeing the grenade launcher imported into GTA IV with proper programming on the weapon would be an awesome thing to see.
By Olanov
DatDirtyBananas wrote:Amazing! Have you thought of importing weapons? A lot of Driv3r weapons are pretty similar to the ones in GTA IV :o
I'd rather not see them considering how much worse in comparison they look.
By DatDirtyBananas
Olanov wrote:
DatDirtyBananas wrote:Amazing! Have you thought of importing weapons? A lot of Driv3r weapons are pretty similar to the ones in GTA IV :o
I'd rather not see them considering how much worse in comparison they look.
I wasn't talking about the look, I was talking about the weapons in general
By DatDirtyBananas
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:DRIV3R indeed looks far finer in Rage engine. Even that dumpster, with it's flat polygon wheels, looks polished. (Y)
Also seeing the grenade launcher imported into GTA IV with proper programming on the weapon would be an awesome thing to see.
GTA TBOGT has a grenade launcher in it
By Skylabh
GTA4 = rocket launcher
Driv3r = grenade launcher

So can we consider them as similar weapons ?
The rocket launcher has smoke coming out from the rear. And the grips are not at the same place. So it requires to edit the grenade laucher model or the animations.
By DatDirtyBananas
Skylabh wrote:GTA4 = rocket launcher
Driv3r = grenade launcher

So can we consider them as similar weapons ?
The rocket launcher has smoke coming out from the rear. And the grips are not at the same place. So it requires to edit the grenade laucher model or the animations.
GTA TBOGT I was talking about. But you would need to get GTA EFLC (Which is GTA IV DLC)
By VAIMAHDO
Nah the grenade launcher is far too different then the rocket launcher. But we could do this:
Re-animate the weapon
Change the rocket model to the grenade launcher's grenade
Instead of exploding on impact and flying in one direction, we add physics only, and when launched it adds a force which switches to physics after it gets a certain distance from the weapon
Instead of exploding on impact, we change it to explode based on a timer.
Or we could do half that and have it explode on impact, which would be cool.
By DatDirtyBananas
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:Nah the grenade launcher is far too different then the rocket launcher. But we could do this:
Re-animate the weapon
Change the rocket model to the grenade launcher's grenade
Instead of exploding on impact and flying in one direction, we add physics only, and when launched it adds a force which switches to physics after it gets a certain distance from the weapon
Instead of exploding on impact, we change it to explode based on a timer.
Or we could do half that and have it explode on impact, which would be cool.
If someone knows how to do scripting mods for GTA IV we're going to get somewhere :D
By pete
DatDirtyBananas wrote:I thought there was a grenade launcher in the 70's era and then a rocket launcher in the '06 era
Getting off topic again, but...

...The rocket launcher in '06 is based off the H&K 69, which is actually just a grenade launcher in real life
By Olanov
pete wrote:
DatDirtyBananas wrote:I thought there was a grenade launcher in the 70's era and then a rocket launcher in the '06 era

...The rocket launcher in '06 is based off the H&K 69, which is actually just a grenade launcher in real life
Goes to show Reflections should just focus on cars. :D
By DatDirtyBananas
Olanov wrote:
pete wrote:

Goes to show Reflections should just focus on cars. :D
Alright I looked it up and damn I feel very retarded :oops:
By Skylabh
So here is a video with a little part of Miami ( Liberty City has been removed ). I used Antilli, 3ds Max and GIMS IV for importing the map with default materials. There is also a bug with the sounds of the car.
[youtube]
[/youtube]
By DatDirtyBananas
Skylabh wrote:So here is a video with a little part of Miami ( Liberty City has been removed ). I used Antilli, 3ds Max and GIMS IV for importing the map with default materials. There is also a bug with the sounds of the car.
[youtube]
[/youtube]
Very good! Are you thinking of importing like the sounds of the vehicles and etc.? I saw that you couple radio stations :D
By Skylabh
Yes i could do this indeed, but i wanted to have the possibility to switch quickly between the 2 musics, but it's only a minor detail i think. And it's to show that musics can be replaced also. But in Driv3r there are no radio stations, except for the cops lol.
By DatDirtyBananas
Skylabh wrote:Yes i could do this indeed, but i wanted to have the possibility to switch quickly between the 2 musics, but it's only a minor detail i think. And it's to show that musics can be replaced also. But in Driv3r there are no radio stations, except for the cops lol.
That's not what I meant, I didn't say there was radio stations. I was saying that I noticed you changed some sounds and I was wondering if you were going to more sound modifications
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]