Discussion for DRIV3R (2004)
Hello guys,this topic is something i already made in the forum of the french Driver site Driver Dimension,but i decided to make it here too.

The question is simple : If Reflexions had enough time and enough space on the disk to make a 4th city wich one would it be ?

You can give your choice and also an opinion on what would there be in the city. (vehicles,in-door locations and more)

Most peoples on Driver Dimension forums suggested Moscow for the 4th city since the Stolen Cars were supposed to end there and would have served for the final location and end of the story if the game didnt ended the way it did in Istanbul.

The rain weather would be replaced by snow. (Stuntman is an exemple that they could easily put snow in Driv3r if they wanted)

Tanner shirt would be replaced by something more warmth for the cold location.

So what about you guys,what is your toughts ?
That yes. But for fun, let's mix around the story a bit shall we? Let's say the shipment was false, they changed course. They flew it to another country, being Australia to throw Tanner completely off! When D3 was supposed to end in Istanbul, Tanner instead kills Jericho, and continues to getting his hands on the cars. Before being flown to Moscow, he somehow discovers the cars new location, Canberra Australia. So then YOU have to play as Tanner and hijack a plane (Introducing planes in the Driver world for the first time) and fly to this new destination. During this flight, police from Turkey have tracked your plane down and have sent fighter jets to take your plane down. Since you are defenseless, one of your plane's wings gets stuck by a missile, and you have to then jump out of the plane. Luckily you were over the ocean

Post edited by Skylabh.
Reason: picture no longer available.

landed near a cruise ship headed for your destination, and quickly sneak on board.
After arriving in Karratha, the cut scene shows tanner getting a taxi to Canberra.Tanner now has the challenge of finding clues of these stolen cars. Tanner's new vehicle will be this stolen Dodge Coronet.

Post edited by Skylabh.
Reason: picture no longer available.

We all know it's an American car, but it fits Tanner better. :mrgreen:
By pete
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Moscow would indeed be a perfect place for a Driver game. Big streets, different kinds of cars, lots of sights,...
But Moscow was never mentioned in Driv3r, was it? They just said russians ordered them.

Here is an idea: When Driv3r is set is unclear, but it appears to be in the 80's, so how about iron-curtain-era soviet Berlin? Having the stolen cars between crappy Trabants would be an awesome contrast!
In the final mission you would have to jump over the Berlin wall with the Challenger while everyone is shooting at you.
CarLuver69 wrote:Los Angeles, because why not?
That was my first choice too before the people on Driver Dimension forum made me tought that Moscow would be better story-wise.

Los Angeles would had been a nice choice too,i was kinda disapointed how small the city was in Driver 1 and that there was only night time.

The city would be visited after Miami or after Istanbul.

But now i think that Moscow would had been a much better choice.

What im saying is that Moscow would have been a different enough city that it would fit well in the mix and give you a totally different atmosphere/ambiance. (Like Istanbul was so different from the previous 2 cities.)

Heck i even tought that each city would represent a different season colorwise.

Miami representing summer with its warmth colors,Nice representing Spring with its cheerful colors,Istanbul representing Autumn with its brownish+orangish colors and Moscow representing Winter with its white+cold colors.
freaklore1 wrote:Most peoples on Driver Dimension forums suggested Moscow for the 4th city since the Stolen Cars were supposed to end there and would have served for the final location and end of the story if the game didnt ended the way it did in Istanbul.

The rain weather would be replaced by snow. (Stuntman is an exemple that they could easily put snow in Driv3r if they wanted)

Tanner shirt would be replaced by something more warmth for the cold location.
My opinion is the same, it would cool if game came out on two DVDs, two cities in each DVD, and i'm opinion they should have ended Driv3r that way, i'm a little bit angry, even today that they forgot all this in the next game with Tanner.
CarLuver69 wrote:Los Angeles, because why not?
Tired of seeing it in almost every sandbox game lately. Maybe if it was more detailed then yes.
Please let it be Havana, Chicago, Istanbul, Las Vegas, Rio, and all the other cities Driver has taken place in all of the games. I want to see the Havana cars in the next Driver game IN Havana. Man, those cars are so cool.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]