Discussion for DRIV3R (2004)

Best damages system ?

DRIV3R
100%
DRIVER PARALLEL LINES
No votes
0%
By Skylabh
Lately, i have played Driver Parallel Lines again and the damages are not so good as Driv3r, IMO. So which damages system is the best for you guys ?
By Coyote
Olanov wrote:I prefer Driv3r's. Shame DSF isn't on the list, for it would get my vote due to the detail of it.
It's weird you say that, most people would disagree with you on this point! I do think it looks good too.
By TheEngiGuy
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Olanov wrote:I prefer Driv3r's. Shame DSF isn't on the list, for it would get my vote due to the detail of it.
DSF's damage models are very detailed, but totally repetitive. The physics is also rigid.

I vote Driv3r. I do notice a kind of a "nerf" in Driver PL.
By Olanov
Well, if we go to repetitiveness, that also applies to previous Driver games. In a way more so than in DSF.

But I have to say, I also noticed the nerf in DPL. I thought it was so weird when I first got it.
By Fab2cent
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Driv3r is the best, but i do agree with Olanov Driver SF's damage is very detailed. Its better than driver PL imo. Driver PL just seemed like a worse version of driv3r.
By Olanov
Personally, I wouldn't go as far as saying DPL is a worse version of Driv3r. Whilst damage may have been thumbed down a bit, the game also improved on a lot of things. We got a full day and night cycle for the huge city, where you could see it's skyline far in the distance. It was full of cool events too that made it look much more alive. The whole NY atmoshpere in the game is what I appreciated a lot, it was simply great. Not to mention the two different eras. 1978 and 2006? Badass.

We got a nice garage system, where we can tune up literally all of the rides, giving them accessories such as tinted windows, better engines, bulletproof windows and tires. Not only that but you can also give the cars psychedelic 70's paint jobs or just color them to your liking. Then of course, storing them to be picked up later.

The wanted system was greatly re-worked, having both on foot and in car meters. The police AI seemt rather better, not deciding to mow you down instantly for committing less serious crimes. There was still room for improvement here though, considering the huge S.W.A.T. vans still appear to drop only two guys, armed with shotguns. The cop AI also has hard time navigating through a lot of traffic (naturally), but that can be easly fixed by reducing the density. We even got police helicopters to track you down from the skies.

On foot section was largely improved as well. Not being so clunky and introducing better aiming, even drive bying for those who like it. Sadly, there wasn't a whole lot to do when on foot though. Luckily we still got some cheats so I could go and beat a cop up to uh, make myself become one.

After all that, the story is fairly nice as well. I truly enjoyed it. The 70's and 06's cinematic soundtrack only added to it, making it seem a lot more professional too.

That's what I got to say about it so far.
By Fab2cent
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Yer i agree with you, Driver PL had an amazing atmosphere. The city was beautiful, the soundtrack was amazing and many aspects were improved from driv3r. But i didn't see any improvement in the damage system and that's what this thread is about. Don't get me wrong, i love everything about Driver PL (that story :shock: ) but the damage system seems a bit lack luster.
By Steerclear
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Driver Parallel Lines is by far one of the best Driver's. Driv3r was like a beta of Parallel Lines, but the only thing really better in Driv3r was the damage system xD
By Fireboyd78
Hands down, DRIV3R. This past year, I've really grown on the handling and damage in DRIV3R. DPL can't touch it!
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]