Discussion for DRIV3R (2004)
By Klancnik777
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
hehe reminds me when i bought my first Driv3r copy from america on Ebay. i think i still have it. but the CD's have gone Chernobyl :c
By max.thunder
Those all probably all CDs instead of one DVD that came out later. I like it because of the bigger box.
By Skylabh
max.thunder wrote:Those all probably all CDs instead of one DVD that came out later. I like it because of the bigger box.
Indeed. But for me it's more a collectible item i should say, such as the mugs or the strap.
The box has the same size than a dvd case ( height + lenght ).
By Fireboyd78
I'd be curious to know what the contents of each disc are. And by that, I mean extracting the files from each disc using one of those setup extractors (like how I got the music from the demo installer)
By Skylabh
CarLuver69 wrote:I'd be curious to know what the contents of each disc are. And by that, I mean extracting the files from each disc using one of those setup extractors (like how I got the music from the demo installer)
Well here is the contents of the discs :
By somebodynamed
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
wait there was a version of driv3r on 1 disk? ( sorry for bumping) I guess since I have all 5 disks it makes me special lol. the cool thing about these disks is that you can install the game on old laptops that didn't have a dvd drive :) does the dvd version install faster? I always ated and still do hate the installation time on the cd's. DPL installs in a few minutes off the dvd and it takes up more space
Last edited by somebodynamed on Sun May 08, 2016 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
By somebodynamed
helegad wrote:I have a DVD version, distributed by Atari. I've always liked CD versions though, changing discs feels so classic.
but the cd version can't be patched and has more broken lighting then the dvd version i'm thinking of buying the dvd version so I can patch it
By bibidibabidibu
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
it is bump I know it but I don't care about. There isn't too much crowded place :P I am not sure but I think cd version's police AI is better than DVD version's. For example on DVD version when I was driving with high speed or out of traffic rules polices cannot notice to me. If I crash them(sometimes they still cannot notice :P ) or crash to peds they are attacking but on cd version they are little bit more intelligent in my opinion but of course maybe I can be wrong :)
By Skylabh
bibidibabidibu wrote:it is bump I know it but I don't care about. There isn't too much crowded place :P I am not sure but I think cd version's police AI is better than DVD version's. For example on DVD version when I was driving with high speed or out of traffic rules polices cannot notice to me. If I crash them(sometimes they still cannot notice :P ) or crash to peds they are attacking but on cd version they are little bit more intelligent in my opinion but of course maybe I can be wrong :)
You know the DVD version is just a grouping of all the files of the CD version (one day I recreated a DVD iso with all the CD files). I don't think it influences the AI.
By bibidibabidibu
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
Skylabh wrote:
bibidibabidibu wrote:it is bump I know it but I don't care about. There isn't too much crowded place :P I am not sure but I think cd version's police AI is better than DVD version's. For example on DVD version when I was driving with high speed or out of traffic rules polices cannot notice to me. If I crash them(sometimes they still cannot notice :P ) or crash to peds they are attacking but on cd version they are little bit more intelligent in my opinion but of course maybe I can be wrong :)
You know the DVD version is just a grouping of all the files of the CD version (one day I recreated a DVD iso with all the CD files). I don't think it influences the AI.
Of course maybe it is little bit illusion on my eyes :P
By helegad
Fireboyd has confirmed that the US CD version executable is identical to the DVD version but with SecuROM protection on it. There are no differences between the CD and DVD versions of Driver 3.
bibidibabidibu liked this
By Kacpa2
Registration Days Avatar
I have original CD release(european) too but it doesnt work with play disk on win7 so i had to get a crack to run Driver 3. Just another game that proves how bad DRMs are.....
crashman2552 liked this
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]