Discussion for DRIV3R (2004)
By Coyote
Alright so I made this thread about the DPL Beta, so I'm doing one about Driv3r now and then Stuntman.

Go to Stuntman menu, "Reflections next project"

- Game was called Driver 3 instead of Driv3r

- Yellow car does not exist in the game

- Ocean Drive looks completely different, much narrower

- Camera that can go very high, over all of the city

- Very "strong" sun (love that)

- Night looks epic

- Overall better graphics

Video: [youtube size=640X380]
[/youtube]

Ok that was kind of obvious, since it's like 2 years before the game came out. I thought I'd still include it as some stuff is in-game. Now the normal stuff.

- Fiat Punto has some kind of triangle on the door (I'm pretty sure I meant the Fiat Panda). It also has different lights.

- Miami police car looks "dirtier", has black rear doors, has logos instead of "POLICE" writing

- Lamborghini in Nice exists in white

- Strange car with number plate on hood (Nice)

- Citroen CX has different mud guards (wings) at the back, and different lights

- Mustang has different front, and is also available in white with blue stripes (Miami, Nice)

- There is the same Mustang as a race car, grey color (Car #22)

- Some sort of Nissan was removed

- Citroen 2CV was removed

- Citroen DS police car was removed

- Ford GT police car in Istanbul

- Ford GT in Miami exists in red

- Renault car was licensed, you can see the logo (Apparently a few of the cars were much closer to the original cars then

- Istanbul police car(s?) had red lights (in the final version the cop car in Istanbul has a blue one)

Now the following stuff is based on trailers, I have no idea where you could find them (I had them on the same DVD as Run The Gauntlet I think), but here's the things you see in the order that you actually see it in the vids:

ZERO PM:

- Haul-U in Nice

- Tanner wearing smoking

- Antilli V09s in Istanbul with turkish number plate

- Tobias Jones on an Antilli V09s in Nice

- Antilli V09s in Nice

- Calita wearing other clothes

- Haul-U and grey / silver truck in Nice

- Cockpit / on board view

- Tanner wearing smoking

- Calita wearing other clothes

- Tobias Jones on an Antilli V09s in Nice

- BETA Citroen CX

DESTINY:

Destiny

- Antilli V09s in Istanbul

- Different wheels screams sound

- Never seen scene (Found out it's the PC / Xbox exclusive mission)

- Tanner wearing smoking

- Fiat Punto (Panda) has some kind of triangle on the door

- Haul-U in Nice

- Grey semi in Nice

- No traffic mode

- Car driving in the little street in Nice (No idea what I was meaning, we would have to watch the clip again. Perhaps it's a street that is usually closed or something, or the car is unique)

- Haul-U in Nice

- White Semi

- Tricked explosion (I found out this was just a cut film director movie, because from one angle the shell of the truck (I think it was a truck?) landed far away, and then in almost the same scene from another view the shell landed where the truck was actually standing. Probably just taken in 2 takes, so nothing special. But it was a grey unique truck!)

- No traffic mode

BOY FROM THE CITY:

- Van bug (Okkk…)

- Never seen picture of Miami by night (not sure what this was, was it maybe a picture of Los Angeles? I know for a fact it was meant to be included in the game, and madness even had a screen of it, and it was at night)

- Civilian bike driving extremely fast

- PC / Xbox exclusive mission

- Bugatti driving on the street (driven by someone else)

- Antilli V09s in Nice

- Bugatti driving on the street (driven by someone else)

DEAL BREAKER:

- Cockpit / on board view

- Green Merc driving extremely fast (Almost looks as if it was chasing Tanner, but in the end you see it isn't)

- Ford GT police car in Istanbul

- Haul-U in Nice

- White semi in Nice

- Tricked explosion (Just BS, see above)

C'MON & TRY:

- White Antilli V09s in Nice

- Tanner's car has a different license plate

And back to normal stuff again!

- All active buttons / actions can be used (opening ramps and doors of trucks, using cranes, putting the small boat to water from the Gator's Yatch, jumping from cars to cars, etc basically using things you could only do in missions)

- Dolva looks different, has different logos

- Tanner's Challenger has a different back (more similar to his Challenger in Driver 2 Las Vegas. By the way I think in Las Vegas there is a unique grey Challenger at some point, aren't they usually always blue or orange? Damn I should play this again)

Okeydokey, picture time.

(^^Someone on Driver-Dimension found out that this guy is from Blood Oath in Stuntman haha)

Back to normal stuff again.

- Another Mustang Race car (#36)

- Police boats were removed from free roam but files and textures are still there

- Tanner has a different car (a violet Firebird) in his garage at some point, instead of the usual black Challenger. Was something changed?

Some pictures, some of which are early stages of the online mode from what I've heard:

(^^ real licensed Mustang!)

Those pics in Nice (except the one where the guy is shooting from the truck) were from what I heard from some sort of Takedown demonstration. Basically all pics in Nice with following cars: Mustang, 2 CV, Panda, DS, Lambo, CX.

Ok I've probably forgotten tons of stuff which was not written in that thread of me (it's over 5 years old after all, I surely have found more stuff since then) but for now I can't be bothered, so if you want, post some stuff!

Hope you enjoyed.
By Coyote
Yeah it had those rims? Nice :)

It's a yellow Muscle Car, I tried looking for a video or a picture but couldn't find. I'll see where I have the video tomorrow and maybe I'll upload it or at least I'll just make a screen.

It's crazy that those vehicles went through so many generations… Stuntman, Driv3r, Parallel Lines, Driver 76… I think of the Zartex right now :)
By max.thunder
Very interesting topic, thanks for posting the info.

Here's another BETA car, probably based off Jaguar E-Type
Last edited by max.thunder on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Fireboyd78
Cool stuff. Can this be added to the Driver Wiki eventually?
By PostalDude
Coyote wrote:Yeah it had those rims? Nice :)

It's a yellow Muscle Car, I tried looking for a video or a picture but couldn't find. I'll see where I have the video tomorrow and maybe I'll upload it or at least I'll just make a screen.

It's crazy that those vehicles went through so many generations… Stuntman, Driv3r, Parallel Lines, Driver 76… I think of the Zartex right now :)
I think you're referring to the beta Corvette.
By max.thunder
Coyote wrote:- Tanner has a different car (a violet Firebird) in his garage at some point, instead of the usual black Challenger. Was something changed?
I also remember seeing in a trailer a black Corvette entering the garage, the scene was very similar to the exclusive mission "The Hit"
By Coyote
max.thunder wrote:
Coyote wrote:- Tanner has a different car (a violet Firebird) in his garage at some point, instead of the usual black Challenger. Was something changed?
I also remember seeing in a trailer a black Corvette entering the garage, the scene was very similar to the exclusive mission "The Hit"
Correct, even in 2 trailers actually! :)

And yes it did kind of look like the Corvette, but at the same time it absolutely didn't haha :D You'll see I guess!
By Fireboyd78
I have a feeling the black Corvette was meant to be Tanner's weapon of choice at one point. I looked through tons of the FMVs and there was even one that showed Tanner pulling into his garage in a Challenger, with sounds CLEARLY from Driver 2. It was pretty funny.
By Coyote
Beta cars!

Actually the pictures of the cars are all from an earlier version of the game. Not a very early beta, but more like a late beta. The hint is the Mustang in Miami for example — it has the new lights, but the old white paint job with blue stripes. Or the Fiat in Nice — it has the beta lights, but not the "triangle" texture on the doors anymore.

I haven't taken pics of all of them, but here are some. There are pics and specs of the police boats also but I didn't include them since we even have videos of them

Enjoy!

EDIT: Resized images, click to enlarge. -CL

Green Bentley (not sure if this was available? Maybe in a different green no?)

Beta police car with "dirty" look, rear door painted black instead of white, police badge/logo instead of "POLICE" letters, different wheels:

Taxi is the same I think, the Lincoln has a unique silver colour and the little damage on the side

Beta Mustang paint job, some sort of violet colour for the Pontiac and a red one for the Corvette. The Pontiac also has a strange texture at the back, not sure what it is.

Mustang Race car #22!

Unique colours, and also wheels I think. The Challenger has a different back too…

Again, unique colours…

Here the red Ford GT, and a silver Cobra. The Cobra is only available in black (when selected from the menu) and dark grey (when found in the garage) on the PS2 version.

Beta Citroen CX with different lights and different rear around the wheels, beta Fiat with different lights, beta Taxi also with different wheels I think and number plate on the side? About the red colour of the Peugeot, might be unique don't know. The black BMW is a unique colour, only seen in that mission I mentioned recently.

Beta Lambo with unique white colour I think? At least on PS2. With beta Stuntman wheels. As for the Wiesmann or whatever it's meant to be, I think it's available in red, but that might just be in that one mission where you have to steal the car from a car dealer and bring it inside the car transporter. The Mercedes SL is a beta too, it's seen in red but the final version has a much more "Mustang"-style look, this one has a different front and it also has very noticeable AMG monoblock rims, which were often used on R129 cars. As for the Aston Martin, I think the spoiler is beta?

The Dolva has no writing, the black colour for both Renaults are unique I think and did the pick-up really come with a broom? I remember finding it funny but I don't remember anymore if I know that from beta pics or from actual ingame, I'm pretty sure it's beta only.

Lambo Stuntman wheels!

Red Cigarette boat in nice instead of blue, about the bikes I'm not sure.

Some Artwork… there's a ton of it inside so why not post this too.

Beta paint job on final Mustang.

Never seen Datsun (is it one?), probably only used for testing etc. A bit like the Ferrari in DSF, I think it was en Enzo. You can also see Tanner in his suit on the Miami Antilli bike in Istanbul, with a strange number plate that reads something in Russian I think.

That's it hope you enjoyed :)
By PostalDude
Holy f***ing sh*t-the beta Challenger, Firebird with actual T/A wheels & Nice Mercedes/Stang f**k beta are AWESOME.
That last car....IS A MITSUBISHI STARION! HOLY CRAP! :shock:
Is this book available in .PDF format?
The Aston also has a spoiler, the Lambo has different windows on the doors & the Miami Lincoln has a different texture map for the body as well.
By Coyote
Hahaha glad you like it :D

I highly doubt it, it was available back in 2004 as a promo for the game I think, it also came with a DVD with all different promo trailers and the Run The Gauntlet movie. I guess you'll have to look on ebay or something!

That guide was the best guide I've ever had! OK, I only have 3 game guides. But the other ones are by Prima. They're made of cheap material and miss a lot of stuff, car lists for example aren't even complete.

This guide is official so includes so much stuff. It's almost 200 pages of absolutely crazy things, from different ways to play certain missions (yes, there's missions that can be accomplished in different ways ;)) to stuff like the beta cars, the interview with Martin that max.thunder posted, or also "travel guides" for all 3 cities with places of all highlights in the city and a little text to each of them which tells their story. I was fascinated by this back then!
By Coyote
A few I think, but I can't say for sure as I don't remember anymore.

The car that you can select first in the list, the old coupe, comes in a turquoise colour. I think it's beta. Jericho's car comes in a "powerful" red like many other cars in the beta, I'm pretty sure this is beta too. The estate that looks a bit like the Miami police car but in an estate version comes in red + wood, I think the red again is beta. So does the Ferrari (is it one? someone told me it is) and the Mercedes SL. I see the Alpine in black and white, again not sure if it's beta. As for the trucks, boats and bikes they all seem the same to me. Except the flatbed: It has two huge antennas, I just noticed that. I think it's beta! The secret cars are: silver for the autounion kind of car, black for the Excalibur or SSK or whatever it is, and black for the Bugatti Atlantic. Although I've seen the Bugatti in silver also in a beta trailer, and the SSK kind of car comes in two colour in the game also, and in another very bright silver in a trailer. I don't know if the Bugatti comes in two colours in the game. Pretty sure the autounion only and always comes in silver.

Edit: It doesn't have a name, it's says "Driv3r" and has the Driv3r cover!
By PostalDude
Damn, just colors? Upload pics of them, just to be sure.
BTW, the broom in the rear of the R4 pickup is beta only, and the "Wiesmann" is a Jaguar.
Fun fact too-that beta T/A wheel was used on the Raven in DPL.
By Coyote
A Jaguar E? I thought it might be, but I'm not sure… either way the beta cars looked much more like their real life models.

Yes, only colour. Just checked again. I can upload pics later some time.

Guns are also a bit different I think. The MP5 looks shorter. And the Uzi is silver, I'm pretty sure it was black no? The pump gun is brown.
By max.thunder
OMG!

Amazing stuff right there!!

Indeed prima guides suck, they only have basic info about the game. I have both Driv3r and Driver PL prima guides in PDF (if anyone interested). But this Driv3r official guide has a lot of cool info and artworks. I want to buy it.

Does it have this cover?

Thanks for posting Coyote, that was really interesting.
By max.thunder
Thanks for the info :D
By max.thunder
I've seen this guide many times on ebay, but i didn't know what was in it. I thought that it was similar to a Prima guide.

I made a similar topic taking most of the pics from Driver Dimension
By max.thunder
Guys, i've also found something that seems to be an official Driver 2 guide. Don't know if it have exclusive stuff inside.

It's different from prima guide
By Klancnik777
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
sawn off shotgun was cut

now i cant upload the image but the texture still remains in files
By Coyote
The car from Stuntman? We already discussed this, I'm pretty sure ;) Remember we listed all cars that were in Stuntman and in Driver 3 :)

BTW — this car has a bug, it has the wrong horn. There's another version of this car (A "stunt" car, with the 'Stuntman' letters on the side) and they both have the wrong horns, the Stuntman version should have the horn the one you showed has, and this version should have the horn the Stuntman version has.

That's because "stunt" vehicles have that specific horn, just like the Monster Truck for example!
By PostalDude
Coyote wrote:The car from Stuntman? We already discussed this, I'm pretty sure ;) Remember we listed all cars that were in Stuntman and in Driver 3 :)

BTW — this car has a bug, it has the wrong horn. There's another version of this car (A "stunt" car, with the 'Stuntman' letters on the side) and they both have the wrong horns, the Stuntman version should have the horn the one you showed has, and this version should have the horn the Stuntman version has.

That's because "stunt" vehicles have that specific horn, just like the Monster Truck for example!
Reason the Chally has that horn is actually due to it being a parody of the General Lee.
Fun fact-the wheels off both Stuntman Challengers and the yellow Camaro/Mustang clustereff were used on the Cerrano and the Rhapsody in DPL. Hell, I honestly think the the yellow Camaro/Mustang clustereff was the base for the Cerrano-it even has the same tail light textures and "GT" badging.
By Coyote
PostalDude wrote:
Coyote wrote:The car from Stuntman? We already discussed this, I'm pretty sure ;) Remember we listed all cars that were in Stuntman and in Driver 3 :)

Reason the Chally has that horn is actually due to it being a parody of the General Lee.
Fun fact-the wheels off both Stuntman Challengers and the yellow Camaro/Mustang clustereff were used on the Cerrano and the Rhapsody in DPL. Hell, I honestly think the the yellow Camaro/Mustang clustereff was the base for the Cerrano-it even has the same tail light textures and "GT" badging.

Damn of course, I should have known that. How embarassing :oops: I forgot this car is in "Whoopin' and a Hollerin".

About the wheels: nice find! :)

And when you say yellow car, do you mean the one from Whoopin' & a Hollerin' which you use in the mission where you jump over a house and destroy the chimney? I forgot what the front looks like but I agree on the back, it looks very similar.

But when I first saw the Cerrano I first thought of that little London car (which you also get with a race car body). I also think that the red race car version has a spoiler that is very similar to the stock Cerrano, but I might be wrong. Someone should check it!
By PostalDude
Yep, the yellow car.
The only thing reused off the Capri are the wheels, which are off the yellow non race car version. They're used on the Driv3r Miami Mustang & Firebird, and the Cerva in DPL.

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]

https://youtu.be/j10ltSvvSFU

Supercharged V8 (Driv3r)

https://youtu.be/PNpHXUwiFKs

A tutorial video on how to make custom missions fo[…]