Discussion for DRIV3R (2004)
By Coyote
Oh wait, when you say yellow car you mean the one from the Louisiana level or the one from London? I got something confused there, too many yellow cars I guess :)
By PostalDude
CarLuver69 wrote:I just realized the black muscle car in Nice is the friggin yellow car from Stuntman in A whoopin' and a hollerin'...LOL

Also, check this out! http://driver.wikia.com/wiki/Beta
Black muscle car from Nice? You mean the Aston Vantage? It's actually a brand new model, but the wheels on it are off the blue Nova with flames from A Whoopin And A Hollerin'.
@ Coyote, I mean the London one-the Capri.
By PostalDude
CarLuver69 wrote:Image

There's my proof, anyways.
sh*t man, I think you're on to something. Even has the same headlight textures.
By Fireboyd78
Judging by the rear of the yellow car I showed, it is definitely an inspiration for the Aston. Taking pictures out of the Prima guide is a pain in the ass, so I can't be bothered (the pictures are too damn tiny).
By Coyote
Wow I didn't know that! It surely is a similar 3D model! It's always surprising to find out which car used to be which car, a bit like when someone suggested that one of the Bangkok taxis is the Taxi found in Nice!

I guess it's often like that :) In Driver 1 one of the taxis is even the same 3D model as the police car, but just in slightly bigger.

As for the wiki — nice addings!

A lot could be added of course. A few things that I noticed while going quickly through it:

- the Ford GT also had a white colour (with the same stripes as the ones on the Istanbul police car — and actually in this clip it was shown in Istanbul, so it looked a lot like an ex-police car)
- I wouldn't say that the cars had this or this colour, but that the cars also had this or this colour. Judging by some old screenshots, the other colours seemed to be still available (or some of them). Now it sounds like they only have the colour you mention.
- The Bentley Mulsanne was replaced by the Arnage T, Bentley asked Reflections to remove the Mulsanne and to choose another car by them, so Reflections decided to go with the Arnage T as they thought it would be the best car to replace the Mulsanne / to fill that spot
- I think officially Driver 3 is actually still called "Driver 3" as far as I know, "Driv3r" was a name purely for marketing purposes and was used only at the very end of the development before the game got released. BTW this is interesting now, what would the box have looked like? The same but with "Driver 3"? :) I like "Driver 3" much better BTW.
- You can't really say that Driver 3 got the most changes, maybe another Driver game did but we didn't know. I mean, it's normal that during development a game changes, perhaps Driver Parallel Lines was meant to be a game with Tanner set on the moon and I don't know what, but we may not know this as those pics and stuff that we talk about are still nearly the finished game. "Beta" is not a version of a game, it's a stage :) The Citroen DS police car in Nice may never have seen the beta Mercedes SL in Nice because simply they came from two different beta stages! We shouldn't generalize :)

Look at the previous pages (especially my first post) there's so much stuff that could be added :) Very interesting so far.
By Fireboyd78
I'm very exhausted from entering all of that info. The wiki is not only mine, it's all of ours. You guys are more than welcome to add information as you see fit.
By max.thunder
Coyote wrote:- The Bentley Mulsanne was replaced by the Arnage T, Bentley asked Reflections to remove the Mulsanne and to choose another car by them, so Reflections decided to go with the Arnage T as they thought it would be the best car to replace the Mulsanne / to fill that spot
:?

I think that this goes with Driver SF, not Driv3r.

If i'm not mistaken the car that appears in Driv3r has a front like Rolls Royce Camargue

and a rear of Bentley Mulsanne (1980-1992)
By Coyote
Yeah I was actually referring to the DSF part of the Wiki that CL69 posted :P My bad.

And yup I think that's the car from Driver 3! With the annoying bug that you can't select it, unless you have cheats enabled!
By Klancnik777
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
ACH! here is that sawed off shotgun texture i was talking about!

its that brown thingy on top right corner on the screen
By Fireboyd78
janujeq wrote:ACH! here is that sawed off shotgun texture i was talking about!

Very interesting! I've seen it but thought nothing of it.
By Runo
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I wish that they had kept the Nice cars like they were and not cut any cars. :(

It would have been so sick driving those beautiful classic French cars! (and the Fiat Panda which looks more like my Fiat Uno then in the final ver.) :/
By WhiteSnoop
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar

Don't know if people know about this, but I've used a program that shows me what dialogs the driv3r.exe can show.
I think this picture tells enough

I think this does belong here in the beta section, as we are talking about non working ONLINE mode :(
By Fireboyd78
Ah yes, I've seen that before. You probably used Resource Hacker, correct? I think it was used to send network commands for online testing, too bad it's been totally destroyed and disassembled. We'll never know what it actually did!
By WhiteSnoop
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
CarLuver69 wrote:Ah yes, I've seen that before. You probably used Resource Hacker, correct? I think it was used to send network commands for online testing, too bad it's been totally destroyed and disassembled. We'll never know what it actually did!
Yes resource hacker it is.
I find allot of these in games, but the interesting thing to see that it had Network - PS2.
To bad I cant enable it :( I really hope there are some commandlines we could use!
By Fireboyd78
I've looked through the EXE in a disassembler and found out that DRIV3R strips every argument you try to give it. There are no arguments to use, and even if there were, the game ignores them completely. It sucks!
By Fireboyd78
While collecting tons of DRIV3R screenshots, this beta bike paintjob showed up. I was pretty shocked...not only is Tanner in his Driver 2 suit, but he's driving an Antilli with a very unique paintjob on it.

By Fireboyd78
PostalDude wrote:There's a screen from that same build showing Tanner with a poorly photo-shoped on long sleeve shirt.
Could you post it please?

Also, I hate to break it to you guys, but...

It reeks of photoshop! Look what I was able to do in 10 minutes:

By PostalDude
Coyote, can you get a better pic of the Torino from that guide? It looks like the rear end is still very boxy, like the tan '78 Lebaron coupe traffic car in Whoopin' And A Hollerin'.
Here's the pic:
By Fireboyd78
PostalDude wrote:Coyote, can you get a better pic of the Torino from that guide? It looks like the rear end is still very boxy, like the tan '78 Lebaron coupe traffic car in Whoopin' And A Hollerin'.
Here's the pic:
It's very possible that's not a long sleeve sweatshirt, but rather Tanner's clothes weren't made yet, so they filled in the area where his shirt is defined (including his arms) with black. I don't think they're make him a long sleeve shirt that looks like that.

Check out these beta menus. Look how many spawn points there were for each city!

Also,
Holy sh*t, vehicle text. I've seen this in the EXE but have no idea how it's enabled. It's called "DevVehicleText" and could probably be manipulated to display the proper car names. Don't quote me on that, though.
By cleone
janujeq wrote:ACH! here is that sawed off shotgun texture i was talking about!

Not to be a killjoy, but that looks more like the grenade launcher. I could be wrong though.

Really interesting posts here guys! I've always had a serious fascination about game betas. :specialdriver:
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]