Discussion for Driver 76 (2007)
By madness
Yeah, I think they announced the PSP-3000 a couple of months ago. It's coming out sometime late next month (October 31st) in Australia.

It has a microphone (probably to make phone calls with Skype), A no-glare screen (the sun makes it so I cannot see what I'm playing on my PSP-2000) and better screen quality and brightness which unfortunately has come to a cost of 20% battery loss as Nick mentioned above.

Oddly enough they also changed the Home button with a Playstation logo, reminds me of what Microsoft did with Office 2008 and Windows Vista.

There have been very few revisions, lets hope they fix the small compatibility issues with Driver: 76 but I assume they may have fixed that with a firmware upgrade on the PSP-2000.

I kind of wished I waited another year, then I probably wouldn't have gotten a PSP because I've been to busy to play it, and I really feel like I only got it to play Driver: 76.
By nitrored
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
madness wrote:Yeah, I think they announced the PSP-3000 a couple of months ago. It's coming out sometime late next month (October 31st) in Australia.

It has a microphone (probably to make phone calls with Skype), A no-glare screen (the sun makes it so I cannot see what I'm playing on my PSP-2000) and better screen quality and brightness which unfortunately has come to a cost of 20% battery loss as Nick mentioned above.

Oddly enough they also changed the Home button with a Playstation logo, reminds me of what Microsoft did with Office 2008 and Windows Vista.

There have been very few revisions, lets hope they fix the small compatibility issues with Driver: 76 but I assume they may have fixed that with a firmware upgrade on the PSP-2000.

I kind of wished I waited another year, then I probably wouldn't have gotten a PSP because I've been to busy to play it, and I really feel like I only got it to play Driver: 76.
You forgot to mention they screwed custom firmware with a new motherboard.
By bb_42001
So is it meant to look any different from the PSP out now, like design wise, or is it just going to be a crappy looking think like before?

bb42001

Noodles

By Nikusakken

I don't see any difference :? (The 3000 model is in the bottom and the 2000 in in the top)
By nitrored
bb_42001 wrote:So is it meant to look any different from the PSP out now, like design wise, or is it just going to be a crappy looking think like before?
Less glare.
By Miller
Madness will buy a gaming device just to play a single Driver game. It seems like this was not the only such case for him, but perhaps I remember incorrectly. That
By Nikusakken
Yes, that's a real comparation between the two models. In sites like Gamespot or IGn there's similiar comparations, I guess.
By Coyote
[quote="Miller"]Madness will buy a gaming device just to play a single Driver game. It seems like this was not the only such case for him, but perhaps I remember incorrectly. That
By madness
[quote="Miller"]Madness will buy a gaming device just to play a single Driver game. It seems like this was not the only such case for him, but perhaps I remember incorrectly. That
By Coyote
madness wrote: But I seem to be very busy lately, it's probably too late now. Unless they decide to hire me for a full time job doing this stuff, which is unlikely.
Exactly like me, I'm a business man and I really don't have time. However, I don't think that I would spend time on these kind of things, Driver has no more future for me, I like it because I got the first Driver when I was 6, but if I would have discovered the series in 2005 or 2006 I wouldn't like it as much as I do it now. There was a time when I was really Driver obsessed, I discovered all the differences between the beta versions and stuff like that, and at that time I could have done all those things we're talking about now. Because I had time. And because Driver was "my life".
By nitrored
madness wrote: I was also almost tempted to hack my new xbox to take screenshots of DPL as well, but I decided to get a capture card which was really crap and a waste of money which I never used.
Really? I have one and I use it all the time.
By madness
bb_42001 wrote:i charge AUD$69,999
Very soon you'll claim bankrupt, I'm sure.
No one would ever pay anyone that amount.
Unless that's another form of unfunny sarcasm.
Coyote wrote:Exactly like me, I'm a business man and I really don't have time. However, I don't think that I would spend time on these kind of things, Driver has no more future for me, I like it because I got the first Driver when I was 6, but if I would have discovered the series in 2005 or 2006 I wouldn't like it as much as I do it now. There was a time when I was really Driver obsessed, I discovered all the differences between the beta versions and stuff like that, and at that time I could have done all those things we're talking about now. Because I had time. And because Driver was "my life".
Yeah, I unfortunately feel exactly the same.
But I find this kind of thing fairly hard to leave so I'll try my best to stick around as long as I can.

I'm sure I'll be able to continue everything I do here, after all I might not have the time now. But in the future I may find a little spare time that I'd usually waste playing some boring game or any other game for that matter.

I'm a little uncertain, I'd much prefer increasing my skills in the industry.
But whatever happens, I'll keep this site up, probably won't maintain it though.

Who knows, have to wait for the future to come first.
At least I have time to play D76, it's portable and when I'm on those boring bus trips or whatever I come across where I have nothing else to do. (prehaps a laptop and wireless internet) to maintain these forums 8) .
By bb_42001
i will buy your psp!

and i understand, like everything this will dye out but as long as there is one person interested IT will live on. although i have alot of time next year i am defering from TAFE to do work, so maybe i can help you out?

OH and answer the tech support question on driver 3 section

bb42001

Noodles

By Miller
janujeq wrote:i played driver 78...
Hi man. Did you type the wrong number or is there also a game called Driver 78? Whichever it was, do you have any gameplay video we can look at, then? It seems like I saw a video by Biscaynes that was from this game, which looked really good.
By Miller
That is funny when the dude on the motorcycle hits the side of a building in mid air. I like the second DRIVER '67 video a lot, too because I used to own a silvery light-blue Chevrolet station wagon that looked very similar to the one driven in that video. That was my favorite car of the ones I have owned.

Biscaynes, does this game have a replay feature or something, then, man? Are there segments of replays cut into these videos or are the cinematic views done by some kind of stunt camera or drop camera deployed during gameplay? That looks nice.

Speaking of which (looking nice, I mean) your YouTube channel called Driver2Vegas looks nice. I can read the video titles without needing to highlight the page now.

I wonder if you would consider embedding your DRIVER '67 videos here at Driver Madness Network when you have some time.
By Biscaynes
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
Thank you so much for your support! Your channel also looks nice. Why didn't you upload your D2 video story, then? One more question. How did you manage to upload video longer than 10 mins?
Miller wrote:I like the second DRIVER '67 video a lot, too because I used to own a silvery light-blue Chevrolet station wagon that looked very similar to the one driven in that video. That was my favorite car of the ones I have owned.
According to maxthunder's DPL Real Brand Cars video that is 1973 Chevrolet Malibu Estate Wagon. :)

No, this game doesn't have replay feature, unfortunately.
Miller wrote:the cinematic views done by some kind of stunt camera
This.
Miller wrote:I wonder if you would consider embedding your DRIVER '67 videos here at Driver Madness Network when you have some time.
Yeah, why not?
By Miller
The current time limit for anyone at YouTube.com is 15 minutes, man. I do not know when that started.

I only uploaded my D2VS videos because you asked about them earlier this year. I want to wait till Mission #4 is done to move them to YouTube.com. No one looks at them where they are, so that is good. The DMC can see them without the whole world knowing and going, "Where is Mission #4, man?" I guess Mission #3 ends in a way that could be considered a conclusion for an amateurish gaming video mini-series. Maybe no one knew it was not finished last time.

No wonder that car in your DRIVER 67 video looks like mine did. Except for the year, I had the kind you named, and the paint job was the same one, too, it looks like. How cool, man. LOL I have good stories about that car but they are not believable, so I do not tell them because it would hurt my feelings if someone thought such things were lies when they were actually just somewhat remarkable events, which has to happen to somebody from time to time, the same as bad stuff does, I guess.

Thank you for replies, Biscaynes. Yes, man. 15 minutes for everyone, it says at YouTube.com information page.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]