Discussion for Driver 76 (2007)
By madness
Flash just might be the future in web development, but who really knows I've started creating a website for Driver: 76. You can see my progress by clicking here.

The site doesn't do much yet, just a navigation system and a moving image in the background. Sometime soon I'll continue it to make it a lot better.

So what do you think so far?
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
It looks like it has potential.

It does seem like more and more websites are flash orientated, which can be annoying for loading times, but I suppose it is worth it.
By madness
yeah, the loading times seem to annoy me a lot and I'd be the first to know this since my primary connection is dial-up.

more and more websites are becoming more flash orientated and I think this is because of the designs you can archive as well as a reality small size for moving sprites.

In another couple of days I might release a few other flash sites I've been working on too.
By nobodie902
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
Why would you want to create that site, with screenshots and info when there is an official one? it seemes to be pointless. Yu could spend that time somehow else man.. :?
By Sedans
I like it, however it seems a bit much for a portable game. But still good effort. =D
By madness
Nothings too much for the driver series =D
or is it, you should take a look at everything done on the dpl-list.
and soon I'm going to go back to it and finish it since the PC version is out now.
By myblueocean
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
How exactly did you go about making that? I know you used action script, but where did you learn. I wanted to make one flash page, with an intro similar to the website of "Vice city stories".
By Coyote
Flashs are the best :P

What you could make is like take Miami out from D3R and then you can go arround the city, and let's say Tanners house is the shoutbox, the orange bowl is the forum,… and you can choose between Miami and NYC :)
By madness
myblueocean wrote:How exactly did you go about making that? I know you used action script, but where did you learn. I wanted to make one flash page, with an intro similar to the website of "Vice city stories".
I'm alone on this one. "F1" is my greatest resource. I've taken a look around the internet and there are no tutorials showing you how to make a complete website in flash.

The help feature is fairly good, you can search around for functions and see what their purpose is. Then you think about a practical way in which that function can be used in the website or whatever your making in flash.

If your sick of wondering maybe I can send you some examples. :P
Coyote wrote:Flashs are the best :P

What you could make is like take Miami out from D3R and then you can go around the city, and let's say Tanners house is the shoutbox, the orange bowl is the forum,… and you can choose between Miami and NYC :)
Seems like a good idea. Flash isn't really the best for website, longer loading times for those dial-up users. But who uses dial-up these days, only counties in poverty, Australia, New Zearland and Africa. Well in AU we have broadband but it's quite expensive. I think I'll spare the lecture on crappy internet in Australia.
By Coyote
Well, you could make a standard version (this one) a flash version and the City idea. So everyone could choose the best for himself.
By Miller
I was looking at this the last time I came to visit DriverMadness.net, boss, and I couldn’t help thinking that you seem to be catching on really fast to all that business. That’s cool, man. You’re an impressive dude, to be sure. I think we all lucked out in that you decided to create this place.
By madness
Thanks for the nice comment! :P

Yeah, I'm trying to catch up on all the latest tactics in forms of web development, I just never get the time to complete anything once I've started it!

I have officially decided to stop continuing this small Driver: 76 flash based fansite to create a really large flash based site for the entire Driver Series, of course it's going to take it's time and I expect it to be finished around the start of 2008, but most likely it'll take longer but more on that soon.

At the moment I'm working on a few driver related movies, all at once.
I don't know why but I really should just work on one rather than a few at once. At least whenever I get board of working on one thing I just go and work on another and go around that little circuit in developing things for this community.
By Coyote
madness wrote:Yeah, I'm trying to catch up on all the latest tactics in forms of web development, I just never get the time to complete anything once I've started it!
lol this is exactly like me ! i start something, but its not that i dont have the time to finish but sometimes i dont want to finish iit :D most of the time ive got no time that is true… the school take the time.

i have so much to do:

Cerva punk
Dolva mission truck
drivermadness kit
my official site
my *secret* site
my ennstal classic 2007 movie
my 'no more conversations' remix
i need to buy my dj kit with equilazer, mixer and everything
have to collect 10 stars in D76
have to find someone online in D76 to exchange some things
want to play GT4