Discussion for Driver 76 (2007)
By Wheels
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
What the hell is Driver 76? Is it before Driver PL or something? I'm confused.
By Wheels
PostalDude wrote:Yeah, there's a thing called Google. Use it.
Yeah, I can barely connect to any search item, I have luck sometimes, but it's mostly failure to connect.
By Olanov
Essentially, it's a PSP exclusive game based on DPL. You play as Ray in 76', it has a new storyline, few more cars and multiplayer. 2 player one I believe.
By Wheels
Olanov wrote:Essentially, it's a PSP exclusive game based on DPL. You play as Ray in 76', it has a new storyline, few more cars and multiplayer. 2 player one I believe.
So I'm thinking that it came after DPL, if I'm right..
By Wheels
It's confusing somehow...
By Olanov
I don't know how it can be. DPL: released 2006. Storyline takes place in 1978-2006. 76: released 2007, takes place in 1976. Seems simple to me.
By Wheels
Olanov wrote:I don't know how it can be. DPL: released 2006. Storyline takes place in 1978-2006. 76: released 2007, takes place in 1976. Seems simple to me.
I'm still confused. After the end of DPL, what happens to T.K?
By Olanov
::ADMIN EDIT SPOILER ALERT BELOW IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED Driver Parallel Lines::

The city is yours. Not literally of course. But all of the men he seeked revenge against are dead. Basically, he's free.
Last edited by Olanov on Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Wheels
Olanov wrote:Basically, he's free.
Not really, the cops are still there, and he's still always chased.
PostalDude wrote:why would that matter when the end of DPL is in 2006
and D76 takes place in '76, two years before TK came to new york
can you not understand numbers or something?
Nobody asked you, dipstick.
By Olanov
Wheels wrote:
You could argue that. Thing is though, he walks away and the credits fade in. No one knows for sure what happened to him after.
I'm saying what I'm saying because the game tells you that when you finish the story.
By Wheels
Olanov wrote:
Wheels wrote:
You could argue that. Thing is though, he walks away and the credits fade in. No one knows for sure what happened to him after.
I'm saying what I'm saying because the game tells you that when you finish the story.
What questions me, is if there's going to be another game with T.K in it. Driver Parallel Lines 2, or something? We shall find out in future..
By Olanov
Probably not for a while. Ubisoft will be more than likely well occupied by Watch Dogs, The Crew, Assasin's Creed and so forth. I don't think we'll be getting a new Driver in a while. Quite possibly in the future though. Not sure if it will have anything to do with DPL though.
By Wheels
Olanov wrote:Probably not for a while. Ubisoft will be more than likely well occupied by Watch Dogs, The Crew, Assasin's Creed and so forth. I don't think we'll be getting a new Driver in a while. Quite possibly in the future though. Not sure if it will have anything to do with DPL though.
NO. NOT UBISOFT. NO.
By max.thunder
Wheels wrote:
If you commit a crime even you finished your jail sentence cops will be after you, like in real life.
Wheels wrote:What questions me, is if there's going to be another game with T.K in it. Driver Parallel Lines 2, or something? We shall find out in future..
I don't think that we ever will see a DPL 2, there isn't more to tell in that story since all is solved in the end of the game, and i prefer the ending to stay like that, very emotional. But I would like to see a dark setting story like this, either with Tanner or a new character. DSF didn't reach my expectations, at least storywise.
By Olanov
max.thunder wrote:
Wheels wrote:
If you commit a crime even you finished your jail sentence cops will be after you, like in real life.
I didn't mean it exactly that literally. It was more of a symbolic thing, like, he's free from the chains of vengeance. If we go to the more literal side, yeah, in his current state he's free, (not inside) and the police don't serm to be actively searching for him, whatever the reason. Probably gameplay reasons since in mission Bear Cage, if you visit Corrigan's office, you can see they got a felony warrant put out on TK so they should arrest him in sight. Maybe that's why cops are so keen on drive bying you in 2006, for they have ID'd you.
By Wheels
Olanov wrote: I didn't mean it exactly that literally. It was more of a symbolic thing, like, he's free from the chains of vengeance. If we go to the more literal side, yeah, in his current state he's free, (not inside) and the police don't serm to be actively searching for him, whatever the reason. Probably gameplay reasons since in mission Bear Cage, if you visit Corrigan's office, you can see they got a felony warrant put out on TK so they should arrest him in sight. Maybe that's why cops are so keen on drive bying you in 2006, for they have ID'd you.
Well said.
By emmetmcl
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I think Driver 76 was basically a way of getting some quick/easy money out of the Driver series after Ubisoft bought it.

Basically just a port of DPL, but a decent game for PSP.
By Wheels
emmetmcl wrote:I think Driver 76 was basically a way of getting some quick/easy money out of the Driver series after Ubisoft bought it.

Basically just a port of DPL, but a decent game for PSP.
Needless to say, it kinda flopped too.
By helegad
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
somebodynamed wrote:I sometimes call it dpl on psp
It clearly started as a direct port, but I'm guessing they ran into technical difficulties with including the 2006 era, so just stuck with "1976" and threw a bit of originality over the top.

Just about every side mission and car in Driver '76 is exactly the same as it was in Driver Parallel Lines.

I don't see this a failure by Sumo Digital, nor is it an inferior product compared to Driver Parallel Lines. '76 is a brilliant handheld Driver.

Actually, the Driver series has a fantastic track record of handheld games, now that I think of it (except for Vegas and the obligatory Speedboat Paradise).
By somebodynamed
helegad wrote:
somebodynamed wrote:I sometimes call it dpl on psp
It clearly started as a direct port, but I'm guessing they ran into technical difficulties with including the 2006 era, so just stuck with "1976" and threw a bit of originality over the top.

Just about every side mission and car in Driver '76 is exactly the same as it was in Driver Parallel Lines.

I don't see this a failure by Sumo Digital, nor is it an inferior product compared to Driver Parallel Lines. '76 is a brilliant handheld Driver.

Actually, the Driver series has a fantastic track record of handheld games, now that I think of it (except for Vegas and the obligatory Speedboat Paradise).
they should try doing a direct port for ios and android for the sake of reviving the game I mean the game can run on my 2002 Compaq Presario with ultra textures at 30 fps why wouldn't today's mobile devices?
By helegad
Because a). it's risky in terms of development costs to profit, b). the developers are busy on other projects, and c). rehashing is a bit cheap unless you're gonna do the same to the whole series out of passion so it doesn't look like a cash grab (bad PR), or you're make a special edition with additional features.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]