Post your wishes and/or speculations for any future/upcoming DRIVER games.
Forum rules: This forum is for posting fan-created wishes and rumors/speculation for a possible next-gen DRIVER game. All information is to be considered speculation and should not be taken as fact.
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
Now we know that DPL was supposed to have online multiplayer but due to the quality it was scrapped. So I guess it's fair to say that the next Driver game will for sure have online play...

These are my wishes:

1. Destruction Derby: Two kinds though, one would be in the traditional circular area/stadium. The other should take place in divided city zones. Let me explain (Note, I will be using DPL as an example since we don't know anything about next-gen Driver) In DPL you have your Bronx/Queens etc. well each of those areas should be quarantined to allow Destruction Derby style gamepaly. Hopefully there would be at least 10 players allowed so space would be taken up. Guns could also be included but they should only be limited to handguns.

2. Street Races/Circuit/Checkpoint Races: 3-6 players, basically this mode would be a test of driving skill. No weapons allowed and there should be multiple laps for the CR's/CP's

3. Cops and Robbers/Quick Getaway/Quick Chase: For QG and QC it should be one on one but Cops and Robbers should involve a few police cars against multiple criminals. The goal would be to catch/destroy or escape from your opponent in a specified time.

4. Capture the Flag: Self explained really, a bunch of flags in the area and you have to drive over them.

5. Customization and sharing: I was reading the developer chat and someone asked about customized paint jobs for cars and one of the developers said that's a pretty good idea so that may be included. If the Film Director is present for the single player then you should be able to send your replays to others. Finally, there needs to be specific Driver related merchandise created for Home that you can unlock or purchase. Because my virtual apartment/home will be decked out with Driver related images/objects.

Any one else have any online suggestions/wants?
By Skeleton
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
it can be more realistic in my opinion.

every player can select a player(skins from the game just like san andreas multiplayer) they can hang around in the map and start races kill their selves ext :D
By Coyote
And a Take a Ride mode where you can do everything you want with your friend !
You can show him nice places or just play the hidding game :D
By Skeleton
video games one of the main purpose is to do things that you can't do in real life.
well unless you can't do it in real life then use the hot-coffee mod for san andreas :wink:
By Moonchild
Skeleton wrote:it can be more realistic in my opinion.

every player can select a player(skins from the game just like san andreas multiplayer) they can hang around in the map and start races kill their selves ext :D
Yeah but remeber this is online so your going to need menus to start up such things otherwise the next Driver game would turn into a MMOCG (Massively Multiplayer Online Car Game) Also the whole Take A Ride and "hang around in the map" would be a waste. If the whole city or whatever is accesible than it's going to take up a lot of resources from the hardware. I'd go with more of a menu thing when starting online play.

A few more wishes: There should also be cone drills and driving training so people can see how good they are against others and if possible a stunt area would be cool. You know, you get 3 minutes to get as many points for jumps and flips etc. And for these types of games there should only be 2-3 people playing.
By Coyote
The idea with the arena would be more for Stuntman 3 … but it's not bad.

I think a Take A Ride mode is important, they are things wich are easier to do when you are 2. For example get thru the walls ^^ or other things like that to come on special secret places and maybe even out of he city !
By Moonchild
There probally won't be a Stuntman 3 so maybe we'll see some arena stuff in the next-gen Driver. I doubt the going through walls trick would be present in the next Driver.

And I still think that a Take A Ride Mode would be a waste. Your going to start the online mode from a menu in the game so all the online options will most likely be menu based. Plus, online TAR mode would get boring quick because that's something that you can do by yourself.
By Daltarin-Elite
Yeah. I think a huge TAR mode, governed by certain people who are proven worthy of administering the system who can be police. Police can organise races if they like and if the cops catch them they impound the car and they have to buy a new one. Also a war could be started between players with guns and the cops can arrest you. i think it would be great.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]