Post your wishes and/or speculations for any future/upcoming DRIVER games.
Forum rules: This forum is for posting fan-created wishes and rumors/speculation for a possible next-gen DRIVER game. All information is to be considered speculation and should not be taken as fact.
By madness
It's winter over here in Australia which is one great thing that wants me to suggest better weather effects for the next driver game, especially rain. I've been walking home watching the cars drive/skid straight through the water, kinda makes me feel like trying a few burnouts in the water. But just watching the cars and rain together seems like such a great experience for the player especially when floods our caused by too much rain it would be amazing to drive right through it watching it splash onto the pedestrians and the cars aside.

I know that this won’t be achieved all that well this generation (ps3 generation) due to the limitation of cpu. However it is still possible maybe not as good as the effects I’m talking about but close enough.
By Sedans
madness wrote:It's winter over here in Australia which is one great thing that wants me to suggest better weather effects for the next driver game, especially rain. I've been walking home watching the cars drive/skid straight through the water, kinda makes me feel like trying a few burnouts in the water. But just watching the cars and rain together seems like such a great experience for the player especially when floods our caused by too much rain it would be amazing to drive right through it watching it splash onto the pedestrians and the cars aside.

I know that this won’t be achieved all that well this generation (ps3 generation) due to the limitation of cpu. However it is still possible maybe not as good as the effects I’m talking about but close enough.
Wait! wait! its winter?! What is your ddate, madness? today its July, 8, 2007 in New Orleans, Louisiana and at around 98 degrees- its summer.

Winter, i know there are different timezones but is it that different?
By madness
It's the 9th of July here. You still in the past as usual.
It's just summer on one side of the world and winter on the other side.
It's kinda hard to explain, but it doesn't have anything to do with timezones. Just the distance between the sun and earth.

The earth rotates like a circle around the sun, when it is night here in Australia the earth is in a position closer to the sun for the sunny area and then when it's time for the sun to shine on AUstralia the planet is further away from the sun making it winter.

Hopefully I explained it well enough!

[hr]

anyways, once again I want to see realistic water and rain effects in the next game.
By Sedans
Hmm, interesting..
i never really got that kinda thing- but i think i get it..
BTW i always wanted to go to austrailia- is it nice?

ya, it would be cool if you drove through a puddle you would spalsh water..
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
madness wrote:It's winter over here in Australia which is one great thing that wants me to suggest better weather effects for the next driver game, especially rain. I've been walking home watching the cars drive/skid straight through the water, kinda makes me feel like trying a few burnouts in the water. But just watching the cars and rain together seems like such a great experience for the player especially when floods our caused by too much rain it would be amazing to drive right through it watching it splash onto the pedestrians and the cars aside.

This would be awesome... Driving through a flooded city with water halfway up the wheels would be fun. So would driving a boat down the main street :) :P

I havent seen a game pull of realistic snow that settles on the ground either.
Sedans wrote: BTW i always wanted to go to austrailia- is it nice?
Yes, but New Zealand's better :P:P:P
If you ever get the chance it's worth visiting both.
Sedans wrote:

Wait! wait! its winter?! What is your ddate, madness? today its July, 8, 2007 in New Orleans, Louisiana and at around 98 degrees- its summer.

Winter, i know there are different timezones but is it that different?
I'm amazed that you've never learned that. (I am not insulting you, although I may be insulting the American schooling system).

Basically, the way the Earth is tilted on its orbit means that for half of the year the northern hemisphere is more exposed to the suns rays (northern hemispher summer, southern hemispher winter), and the other half the southern hemispher is more exposed to the suns rays (sthn summer, nthrn winter).
Hence I have christmas at the beach in the sun, and you have it in the cold and snow (well actually i think you are too close to the equator for that, but thats not the point).
This also means that in summer in antarctica and the arctic it never gets dark, and in winter it never gets light.

Look at this animated diagram, it shows how the tilt makes the northern and southern hemisphers get exposed to the sun:
http://www.classzone.com/books/earth_sc ... pter_no=04

This explains it in depth:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasons
By Sedans
Ya- blame the cheap ass school system; i dont balme you, really. I hate school anyways.

Flooded streets would be very cool, everyone wantrs to see them in the next game..

Oh and thanks for putting those links up
By TheGabo92
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
Well... It's winter too in my country ^^
By Sedans
TheGabo92 wrote:Well... It's winter too in my country ^^
which would be.......
By TheGabo92
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
Argentina...
By Sedans
O really? is it nice there?

*people may be asking why im asking people if their location is nice but it is becasue im getting outta summer school in 3 days and im going on vacation.
By madness
I'll be in sydney for another week and a half if you wanted to say "Hi".
I was just thinking, Sydney is great at night. The lighting and everything, but the other day I used the public transport and everyone on the train seemed depressed.

Reminds me of 2006 in NY on DPL.

But add rain to the scene and it makes the driving more enjoyable :P
then you won't notice all the depressed people.

I think no one was really depressed, just a hard day on the town (at work or whatever).
By Sedans
Rain is no doubt a biggie that needs to be added like +cars, New Orleans used to be a great lighted place, now its a place where you dont want to travel in packs of people less than 4.

Gee, i know how that feels lol..- school, work, ... im glad i get outta SS in a couple of days. =D
By madness
So I have decided to take some pictures of the rainfall here in Sydney :P

I'll add better photos later :P
sorry about the dodge quality.
My mobile phone doesn't like the rain...
but it's alright for day time photos for some reason.
By Sedans
i knew i shoulda taken pics of da hurricane
By nitrored
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar

WTF!!!ITS summer in vegas and we get record highs 0f 118,how is it so cold about 1 day ahead :? :? :?
Last edited by nitrored on Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Sedans
aint no ****ing way in VEGAS You have higher tempatures than us in N.O.L.A.- today we had temps of 101 Degreez

oh and Wegas? :P xD
By madness
That seems like a lot but you work in farienheight and we work in centigrade.
So our 40C is your 100F or something like that.
By Sedans
i beleave its your 32C is our 100F idk but Vegas uses F [idk how to spell] and so does the rest of teh US
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
DPLkicksASS wrote:

WTF!!!ITS summer in vegas and we get record highs 0f 118,how is it so cold about 1 day ahead :? :? :?
Not him as well!!! What do they teach you in America????

Read my post closer to the start explaining everything.

and btw... I'm heading down south to christchurch tomorrow where they have been having snow and maximum temperatures of about 8 degrees celcius.
By Sedans
no DPL thats 85 degrees F....

oh and LOL!
By nitrored
oh and LOL!
wats so funny lol
By Daltarin-Elite
Oh who cars this about rain not temperature. and those are bloody good photos for a cell phone camera. Yes rain would be great but i thought you could have rain in driver 2 even though it didn't effect handling.

And i think PS3 could pull off decent rain effects just not picture perfect.
By Sedans
obviously more than 2 people care. huh? lol.

Well, we cant go overboard with rain, drizzle shouldnt casue huge puddles, and hail and pouring down rain shouldnt ONLY put out puddles; its all about realism.
By Daltarin-Elite
maybe potholes in the road would be a better choice before realistic rain. becuase then the rain can fill the potholes and make swimming pools for dumb people. HA HA! has anyone else thought of that, minus running over the people who bath in potholes
By Sedans
Daltarin-Elite wrote:maybe potholes in the road would be a better choice before realistic rain. becuase then the rain can fill the potholes and make swimming pools for dumb people. HA HA! has anyone else thought of that, minus running over the people who bath in potholes
You might not beleave me but in New Orleans the streets are so bad and have so many potholes you can tear you car up if you go more than 35 MPH
By Daltarin-Elite
thats about 57 KPH over here. that's impressive but it wouldn't have been like that before Katrina.

Personally i think that KPH makes more sense because your speed limit is 60 and our is 100. sounds much cooler really. and the bugatti veryron goes 256 MPH or 407 KPH what sounds better?
By Sedans
no its been like this for over 40 years
By Daltarin-Elite
I gather you had to ask your parents that. either that or your lying about your age. But thats pretty bad. roads here get fixed like every ten years.

And just a little bit back on topic but not completly it is raining where i am right now.
By Sedans
Yea, i was told that years ago. But i also remember that when i wass little they were that bad too...
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]