Post your wishes and/or speculations for any future/upcoming DRIVER games.
Forum rules: This forum is for posting fan-created wishes and rumors/speculation for a possible next-gen DRIVER game. All information is to be considered speculation and should not be taken as fact.
By gforeal
Registration Days Posts Avatar
I don't think a forum like this has been made, yet. So, here it goes.

The idea I like, which I am pretty sure someone has mentioned already, is that the player is Shift. It's not Tanner's spirit taking control of other people in vehicles to get the job done. The player uses Shift as a tool to control Tanner or whoever is driving around the city to complete a mission. Tanner being the main character you control of course, but the other people you Shift into, you use to help you with your mission. So, basically instead of Shift being Tanner's spirit, it would just be the player in Shift mode.

Another idea, that I think is safe to say is my own, is having on-foot like Driv3r, but being able to Shift into other people on the street at will. It would still work with shifting into vehicles, too. It also just being the player in Shift mode, and not Tanner's spirit. Imagine Driv3r's last mission, where it's you, Jones, and that other guy (can't remember his name), and you can Shift into one of them at will to help you win the mission. I know, sounds a lot like GTA 5's missions, right? But, what if it's not just for the missions? You could use it for so much more! For example, if you are in a gun fight with a bad guy during free roam, you could just shift into the cops to help you succeed in that gun fight. Or, you could Shift into the traffic to ram into them. Maybe you are actually fighting the cops? There might be someone else with a gun, not so far down the street. Maybe the game tells you with some sort of indicator or something, I don't know. You could shift into him to help you fight the cops, making it easier to win. You could use Shift on such a large scale, this way!

Any other ideas?
By Olanov
That it pretty interesting. I never thought of the player actually being "Shift." Sounds like it could have potentional thought, it could also give the player a lot of freedom on how he would like to act upon different situations. Like a gun fight with cops for an example. Want to hop on with the boys in blue? Sure. What about the robbers? You can do that too! Perhaps your decisions could eventually affect the game itself, the storyline and the ending you would recieve. Opens up a lot of possibilites.

One thing I'd really love though is a really flexible video editor this time. Imagine something like, GTA IV's video editor and Source Filmmaker combined. Not in depth as the two, but have some of the extensive capabilities from SFM and the user friendliness of GTA IV's video editor and you'd be off to a great start.
By gforeal
Olanov wrote:Perhaps your decisions could eventually affect the game itself, the storyline and the ending you would recieve. Opens up a lot of possibilites.
Sounds similar to Driver 1. But, things outside of the storyline affect it, too. Man, imagine if one of us was a creative director for the game?
By Olanov
Haha! If only, man. Virtual high-five! -cue my signature-

One thing that was also unsettling was the fact you weren't given a lot of control over the car in DSF. And by that I mean changing the paint of it for an example. I'm sure small features like that would already please plenty of people. I seem to recall people complaining about it for one.

Different weathers and times of day would also be welcomed this time. DSF just gets sort of bland due to to it never changing. I'd really love to drive around in night time San Francisco for once.

For the love of God also go back to the 70's and/or 80's.
By gforeal
Olanov wrote: One thing that was also unsettling was the fact you weren't given a lot of control over the car in DSF. And by that I mean changing the paint of it for an example. I'm sure small features like that would already please plenty of people. I seem to recall people complaining about it for one.
That is one thing I was upset about, not being able to atleast choose the color for your vehicle. I found that half the time I would keep picking the same vehicle until it was the color I wanted, or atleast a different one, and the rest of the time I didn't feel like doing that. I would just say, "Okay, whatever." They do need this option in the next game. Or, even if your car would only come in black or white. It wouldn't be as good, but better. That's one thing I liked about Driv3r. Even though you couldn't pick the color, your car wouldn't end up being light blue or something stupid like that. It was always a generic color, like black. No offense to people who love light blue. I am by no means saying I hate light blue, though.
Olanov wrote: Different weathers and times of day would also be welcomed this time. DSF just gets sort of bland due to to it never changing. I'd really love to drive around in night time San Francisco for once.

For the love of God also go back to the 70's and/or 80's.
That is exactly what I am hoping for in the next game. I miss being able to drive at night time. Yes, I can go back and play the other games, but a new Driver with better graphics and with night time would be amazing! You could play it like the intro in Driver 1, if they let you go in garages next time (during free roam). Even if you couldn't go in the garage, that shot of him pulling out of the garage is where it's at! Rain would be so much fun, too.

I loved that 70's feeling of the first game! But, DPL was just amazing. Hopefully they have it back in the next Driver.
By Steerclear
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Playing as 'shift' sounds like a great idea, let's hope Reflections see this ;) I am wondering if they have already started making a new Driver yet, it's now been over 2 years since Driver San Francisco came out! :o
By gforeal
Steerclear wrote:I am wondering if they have already started making a new Driver yet, it's now been over 2 years since Driver San Francisco came out! :o
Yeah, I have been wondering too. They can't possibly be waiting another 5 years to release another can they? Just kidding :lol:. Hopefully they announce one soon, otherwise we'll have to wait almost as long as we did for SF! I bet one will be announced this year (crossing my fingers).

I still play SF, though. I see people talk about it having no replay value, but I still play it a lot! Maybe I have stopped for a little while a couple times, or not played it as much for awhile. But, for the most part, I've played it quite a bit - just driving around and doing police chases, mostly! I think I'm pretty close to having played it for a week straight today! In fact, I wouldn't mind if a new one didn't get announced before the end of this year. I am still having a lot of fun with SF, obviously. But, I certainly would not mind if one was announced!
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]