Post your wishes and/or speculations for any future/upcoming DRIVER games.
Forum rules: This forum is for posting fan-created wishes and rumors/speculation for a possible next-gen DRIVER game. All information is to be considered speculation and should not be taken as fact.
By emmetmcl
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
How long does everyone think it will be until we see a new Driver?

Do you think we will even see a new one?

For me, I'd love to see one as soon as possible, though I reckon we'll be waiting another 2 or 3 years yet. Though another wait like what we had from Driver 76 to Driver San Francisco would be horrible.

Presumably it wouldn't be too difficult to make a new one in less time, considering they're using the same sort of stuff that was in DSF for The Crew, which is a PS4/XBOX One game, so it wouldn't mean anything 100% new being made from scratch.

Even a spin-off from DSF would be cool, released on handheld consoles, just using DSF as a basis, similar to what they did with Driver 76 from DPL. Though maybe I'm just saying that because there aren't any "Driver-like" games on the Vita. :D
emmetmcl wrote:How long does everyone think it will be until we see a new Driver?

Do you think we will even see a new one?

For me, I'd love to see one as soon as possible, though I reckon we'll be waiting another 2 or 3 years yet. Though another wait like what we had from Driver 76 to Driver San Francisco would be horrible.

Presumably it wouldn't be too difficult to make a new one in less time, considering they're using the same sort of stuff that was in DSF for The Crew, which is a PS4/XBOX One game, so it wouldn't mean anything 100% new being made from scratch.

Even a spin-off from DSF would be cool, released on handheld consoles, just using DSF as a basis, similar to what they did with Driver 76 from DPL. Though maybe I'm just saying that because there aren't any "Driver-like" games on the Vita. :D
probs 10 years for new driver
By Fab2cent
i think about 3 years. With the new gen of consoles coming out it will take longer, but reflections could just use the watchdogs engine. i just hope the new driver has multiple cities in it (and MIAMI, i need Miami haha). I vita game would be awesome, i already play driver 76 on it..a detailed open world on the vita would be amazing
I'll be honest with you, I'm not interested in a new Driver game. Edmonson brothers left, many members of Reflections are new, and if there will be a new Driver it won't be that Driver with that dark atmosphere and with lacks of updates and support.
Driver San Francisco still had the Edmonson brothers and it was the lightest atmosphere in the series. The only darkish bits were the parts between Jericho and Tanner. Just hoping that the reflections team can make it darker and focus on the driving even more. As in some customisation, at least being able to choose the colour of your car from the garage, maybe slight upgrades, nothing like Forza though.
By emmetmcl
Something along the lines of Driver Parallel Lines's customization would be nice. Nothing too in depth but enough to feel a difference.

And as for the Edmonson's being gone now, the quality of the last game dropped quite substantially in my opinion, and I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard for someone to bring Driver back to the D3 style.
No idea. Reflections is busy with Watch Dogs, The Crew and I presume some new Just Dance game. And by taking into consideration that Reflections sort of shifted direction (eg: working on non car-based games), I'd say it'll take a while. A very while, perhaps. And, of course, there's Ubisoft. Maybe they aren't really interested on a new game in the series and may leave it in the fridge, like Prince of Persia.
I hope that we do see a Driver game this generation a proper game, I would hate to see Driver reduced to a horrible mobile exclusive mini game (I'm lookin' at you Speedboat Paradise :x WTF) a game with Tanner and Jones back chasing Jericho and back to it's dark and gritty roots and four cities... but like user Max.Thunder has said several times before, a true sequel to Driv3r would be getting the cars in Moscow...

I hope we see Driver make an awesome return soon.
max.thunder, pro_play liked this
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]