Post your wishes and/or speculations for any future/upcoming DRIVER games.
Forum rules: This forum is for posting fan-created wishes and rumors/speculation for a possible next-gen DRIVER game. All information is to be considered speculation and should not be taken as fact.

Is this soundtrack Any good

Yes
33%
No
7%
The Majority is good
33%
The Majority Sucks
27%
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
This would be a great soundtrack. Tell Me what you think.

Long Way to the top - ACDC
Thunderstruck -ACDC
You Shook Me All Night Long - ACDC
Dude looks like a lady - Aerosmith
Dream On - Aerosmith
Don't Wanna Miss A Thing - Aerosmith
Bad Medicine - Bon Jovi
Blaze of golry - Bon Jovi
Have A Nice Day - Bon Jovi
I'd Die for you - Bon Jovi
In these Arms - Bon Jovi
It's My Life - Bon Jovi
Keep The Faith - Bon Jovi
Living On A Prayer - Bon Jovi
Wanted Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi
You give love a bad name - Bon Jovi
Summer Of 69 - Bryan Adams
All These Lives - Daughtry
Crashed - Daughtry
It's Not Over - Daughtry
Smoke On The Water - Deep Purple
Sultans Of Swing - Dire Straits
April Sun In Cuba - Dragon
Get Over It - Eagles
Hotel California - Eagles
Life In The Fastlane - Eagles
The Final Countdown - Europe
Best Of You - Foo Fighters
Knocking On Heavens Door - Guns 'n' Roses
Sweet Child 'o' Mine - Guns 'n' Roses
Do or Die - Jimmy Barnes
Good Times - Jimmy Barnes and INXS
I'd Die To Be With You Tonight - Jimmy Barnes
I'd Rather Be Blind - Jimmy Barnes
Lay Down Your Guns - Jimmy Barnes
Let's Make It Last All Night - Jimmy Barnes
No Second Prize - Jimmy Barnes
Ride The Night Away - Jimmy Barnes
Working Class Man - Jimmy Barnes
You're The Voice - John Farnham
Alive - Meatloaf
Bat Out Of Hell -Meatloaf
Blind As A Bat - Meatloaf
I'd Do Anything For Love - Meatloaf
If It Ain't Broke Break It - Meatloaf
The Monster Is Loose - Meatloaf
You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth - Meatloaf
Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
Far Away - Nickleback
How You Remind Me - Nickleback
Photograph - Nickleback
A Kind Of Magic - Queen
Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
I Want It All - Queen
I Want To Break Free - Queen
The Show Must Go On - Queen
We Are The Champions - Queen
We Will Rock You - Queen
Smooth - Santana and Rob Thomas
What About Me - Shannon Noll
Oh Sherrie - Steve Perry
Eye Of The Tiger - Survivor
Hold The Line - Toto
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - U2
Sunday Bloody Sunday - U2
Vertigo - U2
Here I Go Again - Whitesnake

I Have spent many many MANY hours playing driver listening to music and i came to the conclusion that these are absolutely brilliant driving songs. I just seemed to drive better with this music on. i already know that Lseven7 doesn't agree with it all but what do other driver fans think.
It is still a work in progress however so i may add more to the list at a later time.
Last edited by Daltarin-Elite on Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
You got some good songs on the list but the lack of any Iron Maiden really hurts. Also, their should be more Deep Purple and less Bon Jovi and dare I say it...some rap for variety sakes.
By Daltarin-Elite
and dare I say it...some rap for variety sakes.
No you may not say that! like i already said, this soundtrack is the result of maybe over a few hundred hours of reaserch into good music to drive to. just because the genre appears to be limited to what most will call Old School Rock, doesn't mean you should get pissy if there is no rap. you can't drive to rap music anyway. i tried, but then 50 cent started singing about blowjobs and i crashed. i respect your opinion but i render it redundant. and a note to all, the likelihood of a rap song entering this list is very very low.
By Moonchild
Calm down man, I don't even like rap music.(hence the Maiden/Purple reference) I'm just saying that their should be some variety so that everyone can enjoy it. And if you drive better to Bon Jovi's "Living On A Prayer" then your "research" is flawed.
By Daltarin-Elite
Like i have said. once again, this soundtrack is a work in Progress. maybe i will add saome iron maiden and more deep purple to the list. it all depends on the general consensus that i will get. and Living on a prayer is great to drive to. also there was more bon jovi on the list at one point but Lseven7 have managed to squeeze some songs off the list already. but overall i think good ol' bonnie pants is great to drive to. and why do you only complain about him. i have almost the same amount of Jimmy Barnes songs.
By Moonchild
Fair enough, I only complain about Bon Jovi because lyrically his music is very boring. As for Jimmy Barnes, I've heard like 1 of his songs so I can't comment on him.

Another thing I noticed from your list, very few songs are agressive or fast.
By Daltarin-Elite
very few songs are agressive or fast.
That's because they are not meant to be that way. especially not the agressive part. they are up beat songs for the majority, other songs are in the list because in a game i'm designing to eventually send away, these songs lend hemselves to a certain in game movie.
By Moonchild
If these songs lend themeselves to in game movies than that's fine, I'm saying that if your driving around/blowing stuff up your going to want to have exiting music not love songs.
By Daltarin-Elite
Yeah But they up beat. and when i made the controls there is a next/previous song button. also if it comes out it would be realesed on PS3 therefore you would be able to put songs of the Harddrive in the game and these songs will only be a basic beggining platform, but the player can chose overall whether they want to listen to these songs or some kind of crap, nigger wanna pimp her music.
By nitrored
the onlu song i've heard of on dat list was vertigo

A REALLLLLLY GOOOOOOOOOD SONG FOR DRIVER GAMES WOULD B AMERICAN IDIOT lol driving off a clif wit the song playin lmfao also ridin'
dont wanna piss u off but i personally think hevy metal rock is dumd and pointless
if i wanna listen 2 people screamin i gan get my dad mad
*no offense* :wink: 8)
By Daltarin-Elite
the onlu song i've heard of on dat list was vertigo
WTF! it's like 80 songs and you've only heard one. AMERICAN IDIOT isn't that bad but it was more a choice of it's a song that insults americans and considering with my game this will be pitched to an american company. i'd rather start one the right foot. but i agree, it is a good driving song
By nitrored
yep
By Sedans
i dont like any of it except dead or alive and thatsda only 1 i like because i like rap so they suck
By nitrored
ditto
By Sedans
Daltarin-Elite wrote:
and dare I say it...some rap for variety sakes.
No you may not say that! like i already said, this soundtrack is the result of maybe over a few hundred hours of reaserch into good music to drive to. just because the genre appears to be limited to what most will call Old School Rock, doesn't mean you should get pissy if there is no rap. you can't drive to rap music anyway. i tried, but then 50 cent started singing about blowjobs and i crashed. i respect your opinion but i render it redundant. and a note to all, the likelihood of a rap song entering this list is very very low.
NO, now u may not say that I dont see, how u can ride to rock and metal but i deal with it so u should too. Plus, really, if u dont got nothin nice to say dont say it at all.
By nitrored
ill make a poll right here:
RAP:2
ROCK:2
its a tie
By Sedans
yea fo real!! I dont see how people frown on rap
By nitrored
lol lets campain
"hey hey wo wo if u like rock your moms a ho"lol it rymes
By Sedans
lmao thats funny man but careful dont get yoself in trouble wit all of dat
By nitrored
wouldnt be the first time lol
By Moonchild
yea fo real!! I dont see how people frown on rap
It's easy to frown on rap, the musical portion of it is very repetitive and the lyrics themselves I find are very uninspiring and boring. Everything thing is always about money, cars, pimps, drugs, and hoes. Granted, that is a stereotype and i know that some rap music is intelligent but the majority that I see on tv falls under the previously mentioned cliche.
dont wanna piss u off but i personally think hevy metal rock is dumd and pointless
if i wanna listen 2 people screamin i gan get my dad mad
Don't confuse new bands like Slipknot, System of a down, and Korn as metal. Screaming doesn't even happen that much in metal, for example: out of the 150 or so songs that Iron Maiden have recorded, around 5-10 have a scream and more thimes than not their appropriate because they evoke the emotion of the song. Another thing, you state that metal is dumb and pointless, that's not really fair to say because what defines dumb, is it lyrics about history, war, life/death, religion, and politics or is it lyrics about money, cars, pimps, drugs, and hoes.
ill make a poll right here:
ROCK:2
its a tie
DPLkicksASS, you should change that poll to:
ROCK:1
METAL:1

Now, i'm not saying that rap sucks or anything. I respect it and see it as a valid musical preference, I'm just saying that metal is also a respectable form of music and you shoudn't insult it by stating that mother's who listen to it are hoes. What does that then make of people who like country music?
Last edited by Moonchild on Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Sedans
hey DPL i jus remembered my mom listens to that music!!!!! :evil: Now one of my close friends likes metal and rock and made me listen to it and some of it wasnt bad, i dont remeber who it was or what it was but ill figure it out.

Moonchild, In ur poll, rap only has one, which it kneeds to be rap 2 because i voted for rap.

One tha screaming note, Screaming only really occurs in death/heavy metal. so really u shouldnt diss metal because it dont got dat much screaming.

You kneed 2 open yo eyes because all rap isnt about money, cars, pimps, drugs, and hos; u'd see if u listen to some of Talib Kweli, and some black Sheep, or some of lazie bones' music (no not crazie bone because he has rap about guns and hos and drugs) Or even Mobb Deep has some good muusic, so not all rap is bad and some of it even has a message, Not like NWA's message "F*** da Cops", but soem of it is good, especially old skool.

Every music is music, and even me has to say this,
If u cant respect classical music then u shouldnt listen to music at all because classical started it all, without calssical we wouldnt have Rock, Metal, Raggee, Rap, hip hop, rock, pop, dance, country and everything else. therefore everyone has their own taste in music and others shouldnt really say anything bad about music, But if u do ur just expressing an opinion and even then u shouldnt say that _____ music is bad.

Now in my personal opiniopn I HATE Country, i mean i jus cant stand it, but im not saying its bad, im jus sayin That I dont choose to listen to it, And if u like it and /or listen to i resect that because that is ur opinion on that type of music.
By Moonchild
Well written Sedans, and your right that not all rap is about money, cars, pimps, drugs, and hos, I was just using that stereotype to combat the one about metal being only about screaming.

Oh, the poll thing was a typo that I missed but i have now fixed it.

As for country music, I hate it aswell.
By Sedans
Thank you, And like i said, every music is music, and I decided that i needed to make a post that actually made a point unlike mos of my posts, and i saw this as an oppertunntiy to Give a good point. It made me mad that DPL posted that (Tha whole "ur moms a ho if she likes rock or whatever") because i had forgtton that my mom is a fan of metal and all and to be honest I do like some of it.
I mean just yesterday i went to my friend andrews hous and he likes metal and he asked me to listen to a metal song he liked, i was reluctant at first, but surprisingly then, i asked him to play it again so i could recored tha song on my cell phone. hmm... mayb ill call him lata and ask him what tha song was and ill tell yall and mayb You will kno what tha song is.
Quite really I like a rock song by The Fray called "Over My Head (cablecar)". A lot of people dont realize that most genres of music have "sub genres" like for ...
Rap:
Old Skool
Gangta
Thug
Underground
Hip Hop
Hardcore

and ... (i pretty much consider rock and metal tha same but ill just compare here anyway)
Rock/ Metal
Soft Rock
Heavy Rock
Heavy Metal
Death Metal (Now this is tha stuff with tha screaming)

Now thats not all for them but just a few

I wish that people would open their eyes about rap, I have managed to convince a couple people o listen to it and they ended up pliking it but most people still hate it. heh, Tha same way my friend convinced me to listen to taht song. But like I said everyone has their own taste. I mean, i like Rap and all but I also like things like 80's songs. Like Cars and Kids in America lol
some rap is bad and i admit i listen to that to but i mean, Look at Eazy E [da guy in my avatar] he died awile back ago, How? Take a guess, But ill give you a hint: Its linked to one of those things u wrote in tha rap section combatting to dplkicksass. And he could still be alive today if he wasnt an idiot, All music has its' bad and it's good, ya kno?
By nitrored
YEAH,i guess your right
By Sedans
nevermind, my guy on da avatar is me when madness edits it 4 me, so tha guy and tha graffiti is me not eazy e LOL :lol:
By Daltarin-Elite
I'm glad i have been the first to help sedans make a valid point for once in his life, and i respect the fact each and every person has their own tastes. therefore i would ask people to start submitting their own lists in this section. of however many songs (not that you like) but are good to drive to. and attribute them to a certain genre. and i will do my best to accomodate wishes when the final is sent to Ubisoft but no garuntees can be made. Postage to America is very expensive. and i will ask all who vote in my pole from this point forward not to vote on whether you like a song or not, but how well you drive when you listen to it. and if it doesn't work for you, then feel free to vote that its crap. and if you have never heard these songs please don't make a decision as to they all suck. the vast majority are very popular songs and i am surprised at those who have said they don't know any of them.

And a note to Sedans who i believe has voted for the majority sucks. you say you like 80's music and this is where the largest part of this playlist come from. good o'l eighties rock. And please don't insult everyone either cause my research will be useless if this page gets locked.
By Sedans
Daltarin-Elite wrote: And a note to Sedans who i believe has voted for the majority sucks. you say you like 80's music and this is where the largest part of this playlist come from. good o'l eighties rock. And please don't insult everyone either cause my research will be useless if this page gets locked.
If you looked at my post correctly, tha 2 examples i listed for 80's music were pop.

And why do tou think im going to insult everyone?
By Moonchild
therefore i would ask people to start submitting their own lists in this section
Some suggestions:

1.Speed King-Deep Purple
2.Burn-Deep Purple
3.Trumpets of Jericho-Bruce Dickinson
4.Abduction-Bruce Dickinson
5.Accident of Birth-Bruce Dickinson
6.Aces High-Iron Maiden
7.Where Eagles Dare-Iron Maiden
8.Running Free-Iron Maiden
9.Iron Man-Black Sabbath
10.Meet The Creeper-Rob Zombie

These songs probally ain't to your liking but you never know.
A lot of people dont realize that most genres of music have "sub genres" like for ...
Rap:
Old Skool
Gangta
Thug
Underground
Hip Hop
Hardcore

and ... (i pretty much consider rock and metal tha same but ill just compare here anyway)
Rock/ Metal
Soft Rock
Heavy Rock
Heavy Metal
Death Metal (Now this is tha stuff with tha screaming)

Now thats not all for them but just a few
Yeah man, I checked on wikipedia and both rap and metal have 40+ subgenres each.
By Daltarin-Elite
Sedans i have read a lot of your posts and you do insult people.

and moonchild i thank you for the suggestions and i will get these songs and possibly add them to the list.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]