Post your wishes and/or speculations for any future/upcoming DRIVER games.
Forum rules: This forum is for posting fan-created wishes and rumors/speculation for a possible next-gen DRIVER game. All information is to be considered speculation and should not be taken as fact.
By cars358
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
the next game should be more like real life. you should choose to have manual or automatic and you should be able to eat and drink and change clothes. also gas would be good and there should be tanner again. an online game would also be cool with loads of games on it. oh yea bring back JUMPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE LAST DRIVER DID'NT HANE THAT AND I DID'NT LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! t.k was a pussy i did not like him at all. this next game should have more and be like real life not just what i said but EVEN MORE. oh yea when you customise cars you should choose your own style.
By J-Fresh
Registration Days Posts
how about make a redo of the original driver
By nitrored
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
or remake driver pl!
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
DPLkicksASS wrote:or remake driver pl!
Why remake PL, that would mean that the same game will be released for 3 straight years. If any game in the series should be remade, it's part 2.
By madness
I think they should just add some more realism to DRIV3R and finish off the storyline and of course take out all the glitches which we noticed during game play, as you wouldn't see a flashing wall in real life would you.

I think that they should really work on what makes the game feel real, they should also optimize it for nvidia stereo glasses on the PC version, so then we can get a real true 3d image with proper 3d glasses.

I mean you can do that with any game now but no game has been designed by it's developers to work that way, the stereo drivers convert the games it's self, making the image not look very true and even more glitchy.
By Lseven7
I really want tanner back in a continuation of driv3r. I always like funny glitches in a game as you can get hours of playtime out of it, although it can be annoying in missions
By madness
back to the glitches idea, maybe a cheat which makes the game an entire glitch.

Not really suggestible but something different.
If this were to be my game I wouldn't make a glitch mode because it would give the game a bad image.

So I really prefer not having glitchs. At least make it modable so we can make it glitch ourselves in trying to mod it :P
By nitrored
madness double osted again.
:shock:
By driver2fan10
Registration Days Posts Posts
Wow haha i'm not the only one duble posting anymore lol
By Lseven7
DPLkicksASS wrote:madness double osted again.
:shock:
not double osting! :wink: :D

I like it when games have crazy cheats (upside down world, reduced gravity, crazy colour mode etc) that you can only get by achieveing certain things in the game that are hard to do
By madness
I double posted because I had to submit it twice due to a wireless connection which keeps on disconnecting it's self.

Anyways, upside down world, and reduced gravity and crazy color mode sounds good as long as the game doesn't have glitches like flashing textures and things like that.
By driver2fan10
Registration Days Posts Posts
I have a crappy computer and a big ass monitor now! I got it yesterday.
By cars358
driver 2 remade but more modern graphics and features
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
Yes, Driver 2 needs to be remade! Especially now, because my copy don't work anymore for some reason.
By madness
as I said in another thread, was that their should be a new PC Release of Driver: 2, however it's probably to old for reflections to go back to however they could make it a good budget pc game :P

I'm pretty sure they would sell many copies.
By cars358
driver 2 remade but more modern graphics and features as i said on the last page
By madness
yeah, but remember updating the graphics is pretty hard unless they had good textures and lowered them. So hopefully they still have the high quality textures on them to improve this.

But to be realistic I don't think there going to go all the way back to Driver 2.
However it would be great.
By Sedans
Mayb there should be better car graphics like bent axles. And not as much fallingoff tha car, i didnt like PL because if u hit a car on da side twice tha doors would fall off and thats not realistic. Hopefully then It'll be mmore Driver1/Driv3r stuyle.
By madness
yeah, driv3r was great you can go reverse when your driving with the door open and it snaps off and when your going forward the door usually just closes, that's what I call realistic.
By cars358
dpl was boring after i completed it
By madness
cars358 wrote:dpl was boring after i completed it
I can't wait to get the xbox version I have for Parallel Lines to start the game over again, however I'm trying to make myself wait a couple of months for the PC Version to be released so then I can start it again in a totally reconditioned environment.

Then I think I'll be able to play driver: parallel lines a lot more then.
By Sedans
huh? different envirorment.
By Daltarin-Elite
I Think Tanner should come back to continue Driv3r's story. and more realitics Cars Damage and pedestrians. Get rid of Ragdoll effects and bring in Euphoria on a DMM engine and it will be the best game ever. and hopefully be able to mod it so you can put your own Name in the credits and then you will feel special, when really you are just being cheap.
By madness
Sedans wrote:huh? different environment.
not all that different, it'll have better textures making it look better.
There might be a few extras, like maybe a new island or more to the city, we won't know until it comes out yet!
Daltarin-Elite wrote:I Think Tanner should come back to continue Driv3r's story. and more realitics Cars Damage and pedestrians. Get rid of Ragdoll effects and bring in Euphoria on a DMM engine and it will be the best game ever. and hopefully be able to mod it so you can put your own Name in the credits and then you will feel special, when really you are just being cheap.
Yeah, DRIV3R has that touch of realism that I'll never forget, so in the next driver I'll like to forget DRIV3R and play a game with a lot more realism.

and yeah, the credits thing sounds like a good idea, note you can already do that in the PC version of DRIV3R. Where it says Thanks to all the Fansites I can put My Name, a url to the site with the sites name and then we would get more traffic if only it where like that on every copy of the game :P
By Daltarin-Elite
yes. it would be great having your own name there. wouldn't it. but as for the DMM and Euphoria stuff, i'm not quite sure but they may be liscened only to Lucasarts.
By madness
I think Reflections best make there own engines, that way they have more control over what the games does, it's best for them to have more control then they can add things like realism that suits them and I think them making there own engine helps with the Film Director to.
By Daltarin-Elite
yeah maybe but DMM and Euphoria are so amazing with the damage they can allow. normally when an item is hit, it just gets replaced instanlty with a broken one. But with DMM the environment has actual texture and multiple layers of density in a wall. so the wall will dent again and again in all different places instead of replaced broken things and pasted bulletholes.
By madness
yeah, unless Reflections is aiming a little higher this time, like when you crash into a building you can completely go through it if your going fast enough, well not completely but you can just put a really big hole in the wall and you can actually see the bricks and pieces of wall break and go all over the ground, that would be pretty awesome if they could do that, But I keep on thinking next generation, and this generation maybe your idea sounds great, however then Reflections needs to worry about paying a very big company lots and lots of money to use there engine when reflections is fully capable of creating there own.

Also to note, GTA uses a engine called Renderware and they pay this company lots of money to use there tools and engine to create there games in, I guess they have no experience in creating their own engines.
By Daltarin-Elite
yeah. rockstar is good for violence and thats about it. evryone making next gen games should fork out these engines. they are amazing
By Lseven7
madness wrote:yeah, unless Reflections is aiming a little higher this time, like when you crash into a building you can completely go through it if your going fast enough, well not completely but you can just put a really big hole in the wall and you can actually see the bricks and pieces of wall break and go all over the ground, that would be pretty awesome if they could do that, But I keep on thinking next generation, and this generation maybe your idea sounds great, however then Reflections needs to worry about paying a very big company lots and lots of money to use there engine when reflections is fully capable of creating there own.

Also to note, GTA uses a engine called Renderware and they pay this company lots of money to use there tools and engine to create there games in, I guess they have no experience in creating their own engines.
Ive always wanted to be able to make holes in buildings with cars. And it would make a great replay if you crashed into a building, got out the car and got killed by a brick falling on your head :lol::lol::lol:

The problem with have too realistic crashes etc, is the games ratingcan go up (as in from M15+ to R16-18 (T to M/AO for all you americans)).
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]