Post your wishes and/or speculations for any future/upcoming DRIVER games.
Forum rules: This forum is for posting fan-created wishes and rumors/speculation for a possible next-gen DRIVER game. All information is to be considered speculation and should not be taken as fact.
By madness
Just take out most of the on foot shooting and then make the crashes more realistic. I do still like the idea of just having that little bit of on foot, just gives you a piece of variety and the idea of bullet holes in your car is amazing.
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I think the game should be instantly over if you fire a lethal weapon at a pedestrian or policeman. As long as you had this and no blood the game should stay in the non restricted area. Midnight club 2 lets you run over pedestrians (no blood) , and it is an M15+ (TEEN US, M australia) game. Hopefully the next driver will have as little violence toward "innocents" aas possible, and it will be avaliable to everyone.
By madness
yeah, the blood was pretty over done in Driver: Parallel Lines. I even herd of something got a little sick after seeing it. I'm not sure if it's true or not but some people are like that, and the blood splats (partial effects) did seem pretty realistic.
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
and the blood splats (partial effects) did seem pretty realistic
Oh! yeah! seen it up close have you? like Lseven7 says. no fire lethal weapons on pedestrians or cops. You should have a tranquilizer to make the effect real and then the bad guys think you are really dedicated to their cause.
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
Why so much complaining about killing the cops and pedestrians? I thought the blood effects were fairly cool and I don't see how one could feel sick after seeing them, I mean you barely notice it during gameplay.
As for the tranquilizer gun...let's just add camouflage and call the game Metal Gear Driver.
By Lseven7
Moonchild wrote:Why so much complaining about killing the cops and pedestrians? I thought the blood effects were fairly cool and I don't see how one could feel sick after seeing them, I mean you barely notice it during gameplay.
As for the tranquilizer gun...let's just add camouflage and call the game Metal Gear Driver.
The reason I don't like so much killing cops & pedestrians and blood is because it puts the games rating up so it is restricted meaning I can't buy it.
By madness
yeah, different countries have different rating systems for movies and games and things like that, I noticed that in New Zealand Driver 3 got a "R18+". How crazy is that, and I can buy that same version from Australia and it's only M15+ and that is the lower form of rating where kids can still buy the game if your over 15 you can get the MA15+ games which Driver: Parallel Lines is rated here in Australia.
By Moonchild
Lseven7 wrote:The reason I don't like so much killing cops & pedestrians and blood is because it puts the games rating up so it is restricted meaning I can't buy it.
Fair enough, but then shoudn't the ability to run over someone with your car also be removed(assuming there's blood), same thing with swears...
madness wrote:different countries have different rating systems for movies and games and things like that
The ratings board for games is completely screwed up...especially here in North America. The ESRB doesn't actually play the game, they just get someone to watch a short trailer with various sequences from the selected game that has violence in it. And to make things worse, they don't get gamer's to judge it it, oh no, they let 50 year old mother's do it. It's no wonder that Driv3r has an M rating when it should have a T rating.
By Daltarin-Elite
Yeah well my parents don't really care what games i buy and play as long as they aren't full of sex scenes. and what is a T Rating?
By Moonchild
T rating stands for Teen and it's classified for gamers aged 13 and older here in NA. The whole sex thing confuse me though, I mean it's only a little nudity and in my opinion it's far less offensive then videogame violence in general. My parents never cared about the rating of a game because they knew I was mature enough to handle it so I played all games no matter what the content was.

In connection to Driver, the violence in the next game should be very realistic and much harder than DPL. Like if you run over a pedestrian, blood remains on the windshield/front bumper.
By madness
That brings me back to realism, if there going to do something like that it's all about the cars realism and the realism of the games world.

Added onto that hopefully we can get some nice looking trees like in the pre-release driver 3 screenshots.

Anyways I hope to see real weather effects and not to forget that shine off the road when it gets wet.
By Sedans
madness wrote:
Anyways I hope to see real weather effects and not to forget that shine off the road when it gets wet.
yes. I too think they should have the shine, also a in car view where your windsheild gets dirty, plus if there was to have a train pass, weathring effects.
By Daltarin-Elite
Now. Blood on the windsheild is a bit much. some peoples parents may not be a lenient as yours moonchild. However real weather effects would be awesome if it were done right.
By Moonchild
Okay, maybe blood on the windshield is a bit much but the car needs to have some kind of structual damage done to it after a 160 LB of flesh ricochet's off of it.
Weather effects would be very cool and maybe for once will actually see some snow or for that matter, maybe the environmental seasons will change as you progress through the game.
By Sedans
Oh yes that would be so tite, mayb a storyline with no main menu..
By madness
I think everyone should take a look at that new game which just come out a couple of weeks ago, they called it "DIRT", "colin mcray dirt". and it has really great damage effects you can almost completely crumple your vehicle and some objects you hit are pushed in. I think they should do this in the next driver and I hope they make it so you can completely crumple everything :evil:.

You can do it in real life so why not in the game. Something not as realistic would be able to continue driving the car after you've hit something and competently crumpled the car.

I think they should add levels of complexity and realism in the options menu making easy more unrealistic and easy while having hard and sim which is very realistic and one hit could crumple your car, it would be a great option for all the players out there and I think such a think would do really good in the gaming world.

Are only limitation is the hardware, noting that pc hardware always improves itself so make sure the game can maximize the future of PC hardware on the pc release, maybe even 5 years into the future and then the game will almost never get old.
By Sedans
Realistic damage would be good but having to get 40 new cars in one mission would get annoying you think? unless ur a really good driver :P
By Moonchild
madness wrote:I think everyone should take a look at that new game which just come out a couple of weeks ago, they called it "DIRT", "colin mcray dirt".
I've seen alot of this game's footage and yeah, the physics and damage effects are pretty good. The game even has a replay function but it's more similar to Gran Turismo's than Driver's.

In relation to Driver, I doubt the next game could have such realistic damage that if you crash at a high speed the car is completely totaled. Since Dirt is a racing game that features alot of time-trial runs, the game doesn't have to worry about all the environmental interactive features that a sand-box game like Driver does.

I would love to see such complexity and realism but it might take Driver 6 or 7 to get that done.
Oh, and concerning that rally game, Reflections needs to totally copy the Driver cockpit view in Dirt...it looks absolutely amazing!
Sedans wrote:Realistic damage would be good but having to get 40 new cars in one mission would get annoying you think? unless ur a really good driver
That would be very annoying especially for people new to the game and that's probally why it will never be done(though the whole options menu thing that madness mentioned could make it work...)
By Daltarin-Elite
I doubt the next game could have such realistic damage that if you crash at a high speed the car is completely totaled. Since Dirt is a racing game that features alot of time-trial runs, the game doesn't have to worry about all the environmental interactive features that a sand-box game like Driver does.
You may say this now but have you read anything about Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. That is an ultra realistic game concerning environment damage.

Also Gran Turismo 5 will have ultra realistic damage to it. as well as full 3d envrironments and spectators that run on and off and maybe if you lucky get hit aswell.
Luckily the damage is a toggle option for those who don't want to use it.
By Lseven7
madness wrote:I think everyone should take a look at that new game which just come out a couple of weeks ago, they called it "DIRT", "colin mcray dirt". and it has really great damage effects you can almost completely crumple your vehicle and some objects you hit are pushed in. I think they should do this in the next driver and I hope they make it so you can completely crumple everything :evil:.

You can do it in real life so why not in the game. Something not as realistic would be able to continue driving the car after you've hit something and competently crumpled the car.

I think they should add levels of complexity and realism in the options menu making easy more unrealistic and easy while having hard and sim which is very realistic and one hit could crumple your car, it would be a great option for all the players out there and I think such a think would do really good in the gaming world.

Are only limitation is the hardware, noting that pc hardware always improves itself so make sure the game can maximize the future of PC hardware on the pc release, maybe even 5 years into the future and then the game will almost never get old.
Ive been following that game for ages, I cant wait till next month when our broadband connection is being upgraded to 3gb and i can dowload the demo.

Also check out need for speed pro street. the damage in that is supposed to be amazing, they have acuratly modled how different parts of the car behave in collisions based on what they are made of (plastic, metal, glass etc).

Every part of your car affects aeordynamics slightly, so visual customizations finnaly make a difference :).
By madness
Daltarin-Elite wrote:
Also Gran Turismo 5 will have ultra realistic damage to it. as well as full 3d envrironments and spectators that run on and off and maybe if you lucky get hit aswell.
Luckily the damage is a toggle option for those who don't want to use it.
I won't use that burst your bubble phase like to almost started getting me in the habit of doing however we will never see damage in Grand Turismo and we most likely won't in any future Need For Speed games. These games use licensed vehicles and these annoying car manufactures won't let them use damage on these vehicles plus it's a lot easier to create more cars without damage models since they don't have as much damage to worry about.

If you want damage but still want licensed cars you can try "I forgot the name :lol:" but you don't see damage models.

Thinking about this again what about DIRT it has pretty good damage and it also has licensed cars so I'm not quite sure anymore, maybe they had nice car manufactures.
By Daltarin-Elite
I won't use that burst your bubble phase like to almost started getting me in the habit of doing however we will never see damage in Grand Turismo and we most likely won't in any future Need For Speed games. These games use licensed vehicles and these annoying car manufactures won't let them use damage on these vehicles plus it's a lot easier to create more cars without damage models since they don't have as much damage to worry about.

If you want damage but still want licensed cars you can try "I forgot the name " but you don't see damage models.

Thinking about this again what about DIRT it has pretty good damage and it also has licensed cars so I'm not quite sure anymore, maybe they had nice car manufactures.
I have read for both of these games that there will be damage in the up and coming games. I read it this afternoon for Need For Speed Pro Street on a sight call ign. and i read it in a PS magazine for GT5 that it will happen. I think it was also listed on granturismoworld as an option that you can toggle on and off. and say burst your bubble i really don't care if you do. It's flattering that you would take my saying like that.
By Lseven7
madness wrote:
To burst your bubble :P :
Trust me, the main focus of the next need for speed is the realistic damage (as well as realistic smoke, physics and customization). They are able to do this with licesenced cars due to the way the game is focusing on the legal racing scene. All racing is on closed tracks with no traffic or cops. The game has the potential to be amazing.

Check out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_street
http://www.ea.com/nfs/prostreet/

ps NFS:PS has over 60 lisenced vehicles so there goes your other theory about damage not letting many cars go in the game :P
By Sedans
IDK, NFS: MW was all about tha cops, vut i think people have forgotten about the classic NFS games like High Stakes (which was awsome on tha PC) and NFS HP 3.

Plus in NFS, even though they have lliscenesed cars, they still get dents in them, but nothing much compared to what us people here want to see.
By Daltarin-Elite
It's not the fact that the cars get damage that puts car manufacturers off it is the fact that nfs has always focused on illegal racing and a lot of people don't want to be associated. and some people warrant the merrits of a simulation and sign a deal anyway. now that NFS has gone legal i suspect they will begin signing a lot more car companies.

BURST
By Miller
Hey, you guys! Hey, boss. Wow, 360 new posts to read. I don't know if you’re back yet, boss, but I hope you had a nice holiday, vacation, or whatever, just the same.
Moonchild wrote: ...In connection to Driver, the violence in the next game should be very realistic and much harder than DPL. Like if you run over a pedestrian, blood remains on the windshield/front bumper.
Daltarin-Elite wrote:Now. Blood on the windsheild is a bit much. some peoples parents may not be a lenient as yours moonchild...
Moonchild wrote: Okay, maybe blood on the windshield is a bit much but the car needs to have some kind of structual damage done to it after a 160 LB of flesh ricochet's off of it...
LOL! Nah, you were right the first time, man. Yah, and you can switch on the windshield wipers, but it only smears the mess around unless you also use the washer fluid button to help clean it off. But you only got so much washer fluid, so there’s an incentive to be careful about how much cream of tomato soup you make.
Moonchild wrote: ...My parents never cared about the rating of a game because they knew I was mature enough to handle it so I played all games no matter what the content was...
Same with mine, but when I was a kid I played an Atari 2600 or something like that, so there wasn’t too much graphic anything about it, let alone violence. Nevertheless, I got to watch whatever kind of movies I liked, and my old man even took me to a few horror movies, and acted as if it was no different from watching a musical or a comedy or whatever. Just entertainment. I never wound up with a police record and I consider myself to be a non-violent individual, despite the neighborhood I grew up in, which was a tough place. We weren’t well-to-do types, either. I walked down the street to get where I was going, except when I was running.

However, my old man did come into the bedroom one day, took a look at a record album setting there, and exclaimed, “BLACK SABBATH! WHAT’S THIS $#!@*?”

What is the deal with the ratings system, then? Is it indeed like it was explained by—oh, now I can’t see where the explanation is that someone gave, sorry— but, anyway, that sounds like a pretty screwed up way to go about it. I have a game called Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, and it has a TEEN rating. Yet it is totally hack and slash with dismemberment of limbs and head and blood effects galore. I understand what some people say about wanting the TEEN rating so they will be permitted to buy the game. I have to admit, I didn’t know previously that a game rating ever kept anyone from getting a game he or she wanted to play. I like how it was done in Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, the first MoH game released for PC. It had no blood, but the user community created several very nice blood mods to choose from that were easy to install.
Moonchild wrote: ...that's probally why it will never be done (though the whole options menu thing that madness mentioned could make it work...)
I've heard this mentioned a couple of times now, but I am overlooking it (no doubt in some very obvious place). Where are these ideas located, please? I should like to read them, too. Thanks.

Oh, and thanks for the heads up on the DIRT game.

*[Edit- Nevermind, I see it now. Thanks anyway. (Regarding query above)]*
Last edited by Miller on Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Moonchild
Yuspa! that's alot of "Moonchild wrote"

That would be quite realistic if you had working winshield wipers and "real time" washer fluid. I definentely support that since like you say, it would encourage more skillfull driving. Also, if you were to run someone over someone, maybe the actual winshield should get cracked or even break.
Miller wrote:What is the deal with the ratings system
The ESRB ratings board is a complete pile of dog sh*t. They don't know what the hell their doing. Why is Manhunt 2 being banned across Europe because it recieved an AO rating, people aged over 18 should have the choice of whether they want to buy it.
The Black Sabbath/Old man comment was kinda funny since it was my old man who introduced me to Maiden and Sabbath so he's fully responsible for creating this "beast"

Actually on the whole real life thing, the whole damage system should be changed when someone fires a gun at a car. I find it real annoying when someone just shoots at a car panel door and the whole car explodes.
By Miller
Moonchild wrote:...That would be quite realistic if you had working winshield wipers and "real time" washer fluid. I definentely support that since like you say, it would encourage more skillfull driving. Also, if you were to run someone over someone, maybe the actual winshield should get cracked or even break.
Yah, I, like many people, dream of what kind of game I would make, and this includes beeing able to buy a windshield protector mesh type deal so you could prevent your view from being hindered in that manner. Thanks for the reply.

BTW, I think Babbs likes it when he shoots a vehicle one time and it explodes. LOL!
By Daltarin-Elite
Personally I think its disgusting while realistic like it shoulb be it is a little too far. and for those on consoles, remember we only have son many buttons.
By madness
that's one of the many unfortunate things which are caused by the consoles. Remember "Driver: Parallel Lines" on Wii, there went enough controls so they had to use motion sensing for the hand break which turned out to be the worst and most annoying part of the game.

On the thought of the PC version and the ability of having more controls there should be controls for windscreen wipers, headlights, indicators and things like that. Then you could make full use out of the Film Director making even more realistic videos.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]