Post your wishes and/or speculations for any future/upcoming DRIVER games.
Forum rules: This forum is for posting fan-created wishes and rumors/speculation for a possible next-gen DRIVER game. All information is to be considered speculation and should not be taken as fact.
By madness
that's one of the many unfortunate things which are caused by the consoles. Remember "Driver: Parallel Lines" on Wii, there went enough controls so they had to use motion sensing for the hand break which turned out to be the worst and most annoying part of the game.

On the thought of the PC version and the ability of having more controls there should be controls for windscreen wipers, headlights, indicators and things like that. Then you could make full use out of the Film Director making even more realistic videos.
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
But windscreen wipers only serve a purpose to sick minded people who like smearing dead bodies on their windshieds and people who like the in car view. i don't like either.
By madness
or people who want to see where their driving when it's absolutely pouring down with rain.
By Sedans
well im not sick, so i dont like numbero uno, but i do sometimes like in car view...
By madness
I actually prefer the dash view, it is great in DIRT.
and when you own a steering wheel, yit's like the game is repeating your hand moments... It's AWESOME...

on that note I'm a little annoyed that driver 3 and driver: parallel lines don't seem to work to good on the logitec steering wheels. :(
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Well I like the idea of having indicators and windscreen wipers and headlights etc that you can control in a game
i have always wanted to see someone pull that off well.
By Skeleton
cars358 wrote:the next game should be more like real life. you should choose to have manual or automatic and you should be able to eat and drink and change clothes. also gas would be good and there should be tanner again. an online game would also be cool with loads of games on it. oh yea bring back JUMPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE LAST DRIVER DID'NT HANE THAT AND I DID'NT LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! t.k was a pussy i did not like him at all. this next game should have more and be like real life not just what i said but EVEN MORE. oh yea when you customise cars you should choose your own style.
this is not gta and it'll never be. if you want to eat ext. go and play san andreas. i personally don't think these features will be in driver 5. the only think that you said about gas tanks.. maybe we'll just see this in your ideas :D
By Daltarin-Elite
Gas Tanks and indicators definately. and cops pull you over if you dont use your indicators. it makes the experience a bit more intricate and life like i think. Windscreen wipers only matter for mashing people on your windows and dash view.
By madness
But the future driver games won't be based on too much gore at all. It's not a horror game!

If anything it might even be like driv3r with no blood, but who knows yet!
By Daltarin-Elite
Yeah No bloods good. but not entirely realistic, yes if you run somone over they will pretty much bleed on the side of the ride but it is a bit much realism. Just real good cops that pull you over for red lights and ticket you and stuff like that. but eating is good, because it can effect stamina... like real life.
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
madness wrote:If anything it might even be like driv3r with no blood, but who knows yet!
Daltarin-Elite wrote:Yeah No bloods good. but not entirely realistic, yes if you run somone over they will pretty much bleed on the side of the ride but it is a bit much realism. Just real good cops that pull you over for red lights and ticket you and stuff like that. but eating is good, because it can effect stamina... like real life.
First of all, No blood is a terrible idea, if your Reflections and Ubisoft you want the M rating on the front of your game. Why? Read this: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6178510.ht ... ws;title;5

Second, look at the history of some of Ubisoft's agmes. Prince Of Persia The Sands Of Time for example, great game but it had no blood and no real mature content what happened? The game didn't sell very well. What does Ubisoft do? Gives the development team the thumbs up to add blood, decapitations, swearing and sexual content. BAM! the game sells well. Same thing with Splinter Cell, in the newer installments theres blood and back/throat knife stabbings.

As for as I'm concerned, add all the violence and blood you can to make it a realistic experience. And You know Daltarin-Elite, if your ideas were used than I guess we should also add jaywalking fines and other stupid charges. Tanner is a cop, alot of good he will do if he keeps getting speeding tickets. Eating should never be in a Driver game, that particular feature (in my opinion) would be a waste of time.
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Moonchild wrote:
madness wrote:If anything it might even be like driv3r with no blood, but who knows yet!
Daltarin-Elite wrote:Yeah No bloods good. but not entirely realistic, yes if you run somone over they will pretty much bleed on the side of the ride but it is a bit much realism. Just real good cops that pull you over for red lights and ticket you and stuff like that. but eating is good, because it can effect stamina... like real life.
First of all, No blood is a terrible idea, if your Reflections and Ubisoft you want the M rating on the front of your game. Why? Read this: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6178510.ht ... ws;title;5

Second, look at the history of some of Ubisoft's agmes. Prince Of Persia The Sands Of Time for example, great game but it had no blood and no real mature content what happened? The game didn't sell very well. What does Ubisoft do? Gives the development team the thumbs up to add blood, decapitations, swearing and sexual content. BAM! the game sells well. Same thing with Splinter Cell, in the newer installments theres blood and back/throat knife stabbings.

As for as I'm concerned, add all the violence and blood you can to make it a realistic experience. And You know Daltarin-Elite, if your ideas were used than I guess we should also add jaywalking fines and other stupid charges. Tanner is a cop, alot of good he will do if he keeps getting speeding tickets. Eating should never be in a Driver game, that particular feature (in my opinion) would be a waste of time.
So you think that all racing/rally games and simulation games need blood and excessive violence in them? Gran Turismo, Colin Mcrae, Need for Speed, to name a few all sell perfectly well without blood and violence because they are DRIVING games. You can't compare Driver to Splinter Cell or Prince of Persia. If Ubisoft up the excessive violence in the next Driver game, then they will lose this customer.

And you wouldn't get a fine for jaywalking. In the missions where Tanner is a cop, he would have permission to speed etc. as long it was for the purpose of the job. In the undercover missions the police would have to be against him so as to not give him away. In Take A Ride you should have the option as playing Tanner as a cop where you are allowed to speed etc, undercover as a civillian where cops will chase you/pull you over if you speed etc, or undercover as a criminal where cops are after you automatically. And you shouldn't be arrested for driving on the wrong side of the road accidentally. You should get pulled over and get a warning. It would be quite funny if they gave you a breath test occasionally as well for dangerous driving :lol:

Personally I think eating would be frustrating in a predominantly driving game.
By Moonchild
Where to start, I guess alot of the members here can't understand that Driver IS NOT a rally/racing/simulation game. You bring up Gran Turismo, Colin Mcrae, Need for Speed; Why? Can you fire a gun in these games? Can you kill people? And can you steal cars? No you can't so of coarse those games aren't going to be violent.

Comparing Driver to Splinter Cell and Prince Of Persia is justified in my opinion and I'll tell you why. With these three franchises you have violence and death, the developers can regulate just how out of control things get and as history suggests, the more violent it is the better it sells. Plus, Driver has to compete with GTA, True Crime etc. and all those games are violent.
Lseven7 wrote:If Ubisoft up the excessive violence in the next Driver game, then they will lose this customer.
What a threat, You know I've heard many reason why people stop buying games but most of the time it's due to quality reasons not the selective subject matter. You remind me of all those annoying/closeminded parents and politicians who constantly complain about videogame content. So yeah, Ubisoft will lose you as a customer but 10 more will come in your place.
By Sedans
Wow, and to think that for a moment i was liking what i read on Lseven7's post; but wait- lseven7 does kinda sorta have a point. Now all Im saying is that the next Driver game is a Driver game; When Driver started out could you kill people? No. But then the series took a violent turn, now here is whhere I explain how lseven7 has a factor in my point- Since this series is still a driving game, they really shouldnt be that much violence, however I would still buy a copy or atleast get my mom to buy a copy for me for 2 reasons: A.- Violence+driving=fun video game and B.- I am still a hardcore fan of the driver series and it would take WAY more than a little excessive violence to stop me from playing this game. But Moonchild also has a point because the games that you named, lseven7, were all driving games (as far as I know) where you cannot shoot and kill people and you probally can't even get out of the car; So that "Disqualifies" I Guess, the game that you stated becasue they are totally different from the driver games' direction that this series is taking.

May I also add that I do, however agree with Daltarin-Elite with the eating thing, especially if its optional, I mean, it can't hurt to add a fun feature to the game, It would probally just help it sell better.
Moonchild wrote:What a threat, You know I've heard many reason why people stop buying games but most of the time it's due to quality reasons not the selective subject matter. You remind me of all those annoying/closeminded parents and politicians who constantly complain about videogame content. So yeah, Ubisoft will lose you as a customer but 10 more will come in your place.

Oooohh.. burn. I must give props where props are drserved, because right here we have a class one quote; Lseven7 does sound like he would give up his fanhood of the driver series all over a simple little ting such as violence, I mean, I really dont think that the series woud all-of-a-sudden take a turnaround and turn into San Andreas, a little violence or some other cool features will make people buy the game. Do you want to know why? becasue kids AND adults just want to play violent games because they are too "new" school to play something older or not as violent IE: Driver1. And I hate it when people act like video games are actually the cause of little jimmy going to school with a .22 pistol and killing 3 other students, Then dumbass people blame it on the videigames. HELLO! these games hardly have any effect on kids, just becasue the own a certain game doesnt meant that that game in particular is the cause! But like I said, that was a very good way to put it Moonchild, Im actually still laughing... +1 for Moonchild.
By Daltarin-Elite
Isn't it amazing the bitching we get up to on this site. You'd think we were mortal enemies. I don't know what happened or how this huge breakdown came about but honestly get over it. Lseven7 is entitled to his opinion and so are Moonchild and Sedans. I've learnt there's no reason to be at eachothers throats about this dumb stuff cause i used to be there with sedans everyday, but then we started to respect each others opinions and we stopped fighting.

Also. Listen to your leader.
But the future driver games won't be based on too much gore at all. It's not a horror game!
Doesn't he raise an excellent point. Yes the point of this thread is about a life like game but there are still people who's parents wont let them have an R18 game and yeah there are even people that vomit at the sight of blood, real or simulated. Think about who your ideas may effect. and don't think for a second that a game sells because it gorry. cause that's not the case.
By Moonchild
Yes, we are all entitled to our own opinions and I respect them but if someone is going to make such a pussy ass comment, well I'm going to respond.

I really don't care about little kids whose parents don't let them play M rated games, that's there loss not mine. I'm over 18 and I make my choices. In the end its gameplay that effects sales but isn't it coincedence that even though there the least released, M/R18 rated games sell the best. What a shock! Face it, next-gen Driver will be rated M/R18 and as for me, well I'm just fine with that.
By Daltarin-Elite
I think they should aim for M. somehow D3 made r18 in NZ and that is just Bulls$%t, that should never have happened, it really isn't that violent. But there's no need to make it worse than it was. It was a good game and part of that is because it didn't go to extremes and be the murderous blood sucking vampiress game that prince of persia and god of war are.

I realise that you are over 18 now and can do what you want but i'm only 15, i'm allowed r18 games and if i'm at a resteraunt and say i want a beer my dad will buy me one. But i'm still considerate enough to think what might effect people. Game companies can get sued if a child has an epileptic fit while playing a game. If that child dies do you want it on your head that he lost his life because of a stupid and ignorant desicion you made in order to have a violent game that pleases you and disturbs everyone else. I think not.

Now i don't want this to turn into a fight because i may sound scathing right now and i pretty much am, i am having an absolute %#$& time at this point in my life, yes its just teenager crap, puberty and girl troubles, but dont try to annoy me. Just take the advice and think about it.

If you want realistic then have prisons and if you get caught your character gets locked away for 20 years and you cant play the game for that long because there's a jail lock on the disc imprint. Good luck with that.

Go kill a child then. Be incosiderate to others. But when you do atleast think about your actions.

We said have food, but you said no it's too tedious. Then you decide blood is the way to go and screw who it effects. Don't take this the wrong way but i'm a bad mood and this is really the best chance to vent it. I'll be fine soon so don't take it personally.

There's another realistic thing. Mood swings. and pregnancy wont this be a fun game name. I can see it in broadway lights. "Driver: You Are A Father Of Two" Oooh goody, it makes me happy to think about that. How about you. Lseven7 is one of my best friends and i don't appreciate it when people bag my friends. So what if i've gone off on you. You'll get over it, and so will I.

If you want realism go for a toned down aproach. Try to be a bit PC about it. Real Cars, real cities, stories that are based on real events. There's no need for blood because if you have it, that just means your killing people that you shouldn't really have been killing in the first place.
By Moonchild
First of all, Prince Of Persia and God Of War are great games. Now to the important stuff.

Get you facts straight, game companies can get sued but the Plaintiff will never win since there is a warning in every gaming manual telling you too check with your doctor before you play a game. Honestly, I don't give a sh*t if a child dies, that's the parents/gaurdians fault for not paying attention not mine or the developers. Another thing, so one kid could die or be traumitized, that one experience should effect the game to the point where millions of fans are dissapointed. I don't think so.

I don't need your advice because see I have a mind of my own and guess what! I have the mental capacity to make my own decisions. But since your such a close minded individual you can't understand that or can you?

Prison gameplay is boring since the environment would be too closed off. Plus, I'd rather watch The Shawshank Redemption anyways.

I'm not into killing children. Truth be told, that's a stupid and defensive thing to say. What the f**k was that supposed to prove anyway.

Food is too tedious since this is a crime drama style game. And guess what, sometimes death happens in the line of duty and where there's death there's blood.

I don't take anything personally, I'm not a little b*t*h who takes offence from what people say and this is the mother fu***n internet afterall where everyone is tough and outspoken, including me!

Man, when the next Driver game releases and there's blood, sex, language and other stuff included, I'll just enjoy the game and laugh my ass off as those who dislike and complain about the "negative" content.
By Daltarin-Elite
Well, that didn't go aswell as i had thought it would. It sounded like you took offence to it.

The analogy about the child was just an example, usually a child is used as the example in those situations because people should care about children it's more thought provoking and hits closer to home for a lot of people. Wait till you have kids then you'll think differently.

I'm not closed minded at all. I'm a realist i think about my actions and what they may do as a sign of courtesy to those around me. It's not a pussy footed thing to do it's just considerate. I don't have a problem with seeing blood at all myself. But i'm just thinking about those who do. I've played God of war and prince of persia, i've seen the blood and frankly it doesn't bother me at all anymore. I just think that if you chose to have blood because it makes you have a wet dream or something then there's something wrong.

How do we change the world?
One act of random kindness at a time.

Ever heard that?

This is something i have heard and read a lot recently and as i have come to a part in my life where i feel genuinely depressed every minute of every day, i think we need something to beleive, something to give us hope, it would be nice to think that everyone in the world was kind hearted and cared about one another. But when soemone comes along and says screw everyone else and i don't care if children died. That really pisses me off.

What the hell was your take on 9/11. I dont know them so i dont care.

Have you ever heard of plausible denial. What if they didn't know about the health warning on the inside cover of the game. All of a sudden it's no longer the victims fault. That's how it works and that's how it has worked in the past.

While you say you care about other peoples opinions and respect them i'm afraid i cant see that. I think your outlook on life seems quite negative really.
By Moonchild
Daltarin-Elite wrote:Well, that didn't go aswell as i had thought it would. It sounded like you took offence to it.
Hmmm, I guess you can't read.
Daltarin-Elite wrote:I'm not closed minded at all. I'm a realist i think about my actions and what they may do as a sign of courtesy to those around me. It's not a pussy footed thing to do it's just considerate. I don't have a problem with seeing blood at all myself. But i'm just thinking about those who do. I've played God of war and prince of persia, i've seen the blood and frankly it doesn't bother me at all anymore. I just think that if you chose to have blood because it makes you have a wet dream or something then there's something wrong.
What a contradictory statement. You know, your really not making much sense. If a game has a violence and blood and other mature things then obviosly its going to be labelled with a M/R18 rating. The people who take offence or have a problem with it are most likely underage and should not be playing the game in the first place.

Wet dream? O....K.... Well, there a flip side to that coin. I think that if you have a game where death is possible but there is no blood then your a weak individual and "there's something wrong with you"
Daltarin-Elite wrote:How do we change the world?
One act of random kindness at a time.
I thought that you said you were a realist, sounds like your more of a believer of the doctrine of optimism. Nice little saying though I applaud. I mean, no one has ever said that before...

So its a part of your life hey, I'n not going to disrespect that since its your ideology. Nothing wrong with wanting a kind hearted world so basically, "whatever floats your boat" you know.
Daltarin-Elite wrote:What the hell was your take on 9/11. I dont know them so i dont care.
9/11 was an unfortunate event but it was inevitable. I didn't know anyone so of coarse I won't be as heart broken. Hell, billions of people have died in the history of the planet, some worse than others, am I supposed to care about each one of them?
Daltarin-Elite wrote:Have you ever heard of plausible denial. What if they didn't know about the health warning on the inside cover of the game. All of a sudden it's no longer the victims fault. That's how it works and that's how it has worked in the past.
Alright you just lost me. So, they didn't see the warning therefore there not at fault. Basically, your promoting stupidity. Well I didn't see the warning so i guess I'll just go drink 2 litres of gasoline. Its not my fault if I get sick or die, I DIDN'T SEE A WARNING! As far as I'm concerned, if someone is stupid enough to endager themselves or anyone else over something that obvious than those selective individuals deserve to die.
Daltarin-Elite wrote:While you say you care about other peoples opinions and respect them i'm afraid i cant see that. I think your outlook on life seems quite negative really.
Your partially wrong there actually. I do respect your opinion that's why I haven't stated that you and your opinions are 100% wrong. But yeah, I don't care about your opinion. Why should I, its far different from mine. And if you base my outlook on my life on one post or a few posts in a difficult subject, then your a bigger idiot than I thought you were.
By Daltarin-Elite
I thought that you said you were a realist, sounds like your more of a believer of the doctrine of optimism. Nice little saying though I applaud. I mean, no one has ever said that before...
Oh. No. I'm not at all a beleiver in anything. I never meant i followed this and beleived it implicitly, it was sort of a run on sentence, there should have been something to seperate that quote and my next sentence about my life. My actual philosophy in life, well there's two. In this order or they dont make sense.
You have to go through something to truly understand why you did it in the first place. This is a quote by Keifer Sutherland i heard last week and it actually makes me feel better about the choices in my life i soon wish to face.
Second.
When your standing on the edge, don't look down, until your ready and willing to fly. This is actually a quote from a Bon Jovi song but when you add this two staements together, for me atleast they make one helluva rule to live by.
Alright you just lost me. So, they didn't see the warning therefore there not at fault. Basically, your promoting stupidity. Well I didn't see the warning so i guess I'll just go drink 2 litres of gasoline. Its not my fault if I get sick or die, I DIDN'T SEE A WARNING! As far as I'm concerned, if someone is stupid enough to endager themselves or anyone else over something that obvious than those selective individuals deserve to die.
Not exactly, i didn't chose the best example that i could of and i realise that now, here's another. The writing on the inside cover of the manual id actually rather small, hey, even i struggle to read it on somedays and i have brilliant eyesite for the most part of my life.
Your partially wrong there actually. I do respect your opinion that's why I haven't stated that you and your opinions are 100% wrong. But yeah, I don't care about your opinion. Why should I, its far different from mine. And if you base my outlook on my life on one post or a few posts in a difficult subject, then your a bigger idiot than I thought you were.
It's not that i base it entirely on this, but from what i had spoken to you before you seemed like a fairly good guy, but then this happened and you sort of went off on L77 because he thinks violence is unnecasary, which is his call to make. Violence doesn't affect you or me either way, but i don't think it has to be there.

Now what do you say, we stop fighting and get back on topic, while i hate throwing away a good argument and i do enjoy a bit of a squabble now and then, it is once more unnecasary. So why don't we make nice.

Hey, i even put asside my difference with sedans. L77 had an argument with him about paper sizing for gods sake. So if we can do it i'm sure you can. No this isn't the easy way out of the argument for me, cause i'm actually enjoying this, but i think it's better if we just stop it okay.
By cleone
You can't jump in Driver Parallel Lines?
By cleone
That's upsetting. I use the jump a lot. In Driv3r, I would jump on the cars so people would get out of the cars when the cops are near by. Then the cops don't chase me for jacking a car. :lol:
By Coyote
Yeah at the beginning when I got the game 3 years ago it was a bit annoying. But I'm spending 99% of the time in the car anyway, and if not then it's just to swap cars :P.
By Wheels
Great idea. But I want Driver to continue. Driver shouldn't cut off. Driver should live on. But if that happens, we can always make fan made games. ;)

Maybe better cheat codes, like low gravity (not floating up to the sky, but I mean "I believe I can fly" kinda type), cheats for cars you couldn't normally select.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]