Post your wishes and/or speculations for any future/upcoming DRIVER games.
Forum rules: This forum is for posting fan-created wishes and rumors/speculation for a possible next-gen DRIVER game. All information is to be considered speculation and should not be taken as fact.

Which concept would you like to see in a next Driver?

Driver (in car)
10%
Driver 2 (on foot)
45%
Driv3r (on foot with weapons)
39%
Driver San Francisco (Shift)
6%
By max.thunder
Last edited by max.thunder on Fri May 25, 2012 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Dykemann
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
D6 needs to be Like Driver 2 Running around, stealing Cars/Trucks/Buses/Fire Engines/Etc, but still no Guns and you can't die running around. only in a vehicle.

Would be just like the Good old Days :D .
Xtreemo liked this
By max.thunder
Please vote.

Some stuff that can be imroved over the Driver SF concept, in my opinion they could add manual transmission, working rear view mirror and side mirrors. Also would be cool to see an cockpit view with on foot like Driver 2, getting of your car in 1st person (with the ability to change the camera view).
By max.thunder
Ok, thanks :) (didn't noticed before) :wink:
By Fireboyd78
Driv3r. I absolutely love driving, going on-foot, and shooting guns. I don't care if GTA did it first, this is Driver and (hopefully) includes Tanner. I did not like Shift at all, it was too weird for me.
By Clutch
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
CarLuver69 wrote:Driv3r. I absolutely love driving, going on-foot, and shooting guns.
This is DRIVER game, not SHOOT N DRIVE. So I go with Driver 2.
By Fireboyd78
Clutch wrote:
CarLuver69 wrote:Driv3r. I absolutely love driving, going on-foot, and shooting guns.
This is DRIVER game, not SHOOT N DRIVE. So I go with Driver 2.
But you also have to realize that a main theme of the Driver games has been violence. Guns have featured in every Driver game to date. I think DSF has some guns in it, no? Anyways, I just personally feel that it makes more sense to include on-foot and guns in a modern-day video game, because what could I possibly accomplish on-foot with no guns? Go around pushing buttons? :lol: (Driver 2 reference, LOL)

Honestly though, on-foot action these days needs guns. Walking around doing nothing is boring. Walking around shooting people is fun. Lol.
By Fireboyd78
Skylabh wrote:Hey CarLuver69, are you a nostalgic of the Driv3r era ?
I love all of the Driver games. Driver 1 is my #1 favorite. However if we were to get a new Driver game, I would like it to be based off of Driv3r.
By DrShemp
Registration Days Posts Avatar
I totally agree with CarLuver69 about the guns things, but as I like the old days of driver, I voted for Driver 2.
My most driver wish is Allister Brimble composing the "Driver 6" in-game music, and it has the same music mecanic as Driver 2, normal and chase song for evey city and time. (Yeah he told he won't be making more driver, but who knows? O.o)
But for a new driver game, I go for the style of Driver PL (Yeah, same as Driv3r but it has better mecanics and stuffs, i love that game)
By Dykemann
CarLuver69 wrote:
I love all of the Driver games. Driver 1 is my #1 favorite. However if we were to get a new Driver game, I would like it to be based off of Driv3r.
You want your game to be all Bugged up with great Driving Controls but ass-a-nine Gun aiming mechanics ?
By Fireboyd78
Dykemann wrote:
CarLuver69 wrote:
You want your game to be all Bugged up with great Driving Controls but ass-a-nine Gun aiming mechanics ?
What a ridiculous statement. You're tying to start some kind of flame-war here, which I'm not going to give into.
By max.thunder
I'm a bit nostalgic, Driv3r was my first experience with Driver series, I was amazed back then seeing the cool graphics and the realism of that game. I've always wished that they could continue the storyline of Driv3r about the russian car buyers. Russia seems a good place for Driver series (in some games we've seen exotic cities like Rio or Istanbul)
Dykemann wrote:
CarLuver69 wrote:
Yeah, but this time Reflections isn't alone as it was back then with Atari, now they can receive help from other studios, maybe the guys who made Assasins Creed.
By Clutch
If it would be basing on Driv3r gameplay mechanics, then DPL would be better. DPL was much more "finished" than D3, so...
By RacingFreak
Bring back Driver 2's engine, this time re-made to fit modern times... or just convert Driver 2 to Android (like they did with GTAIII).
By cleone
RacingFreak wrote:Bring back Driver 2's engine, this time re-made to fit modern times... or just convert Driver 2 to Android (like they did with GTAIII).
Convert Driver 2 to all modern consoles, PC, and mobile, that would be AMAZING! Driver 2 was my favorite Driver.
By max.thunder
Going back to Driv3r roots probaly would be a mistake, mainly because accusations of being a GTA clone, which designation is annoying, even after ten years of the release of GTA III people are calling those kind of games GTA clones, at first FPS were called Doom clones, but after 6 years of the release of Doom i've never heard again the name Doom clone, only First Person Shooter.

Why this is not happening with sandbox games?

Another point is the innovation, developers wouldn't want go back again to old concepts or recycle them (in my opinion Reflections is one of most innovative developer studios there). But even now some games are successful despite of recycling the same concept over and over again (which i find boring as time goes by). For example: games like Need For Speed The Run, Call of Duty MW3 or GTA IV are dissapointing for me.

We need new ideas to be succesfull. Now I think that Shift was a good fresh idea to the gaming industry. As I said before it would be good to mix concepts of different Drivers.

-Driver SF
Cockpit view
Licensed cars

+

Driver 2
On foot
Multiple cities

+

Driver PL
Updated car customization

+

Driver1
Cops reacting to burnouts and speeding.

+
New ideas like
Manual transmission
Working rear view mirror and side mirrors (cockpit view)

+

Your ideas
By Dykemann
max.thunder wrote:Going back to Driv3r roots probaly would be a mistake, mainly because accusations of being a GTA clone, which designation is annoying, even after ten years of the release of GTA III people are calling those kind of games GTA clones, at first FPS were called Doom clones, but after 6 years of the release of Doom i've never heard again the name Doom clone, only First Person Shooter.

Why this is not happening with sandbox games?

Another point is the innovation, developers wouldn't want go back again to old concepts or recycle them (in my opinion Reflections is one of most innovative developer studios there). But even now some games are successful despite of recycling the same concept over and over again (which i find boring as time goes by). For example: games like Need For Speed The Run, Call of Duty MW3 or GTA IV are dissapointing for me.

We need new ideas to be succesfull. Now I think that Shift was a good fresh idea to the gaming industry. As I said before it would be good to mix concepts of different Drivers.

-Driver SF
Cockpit view
Licensed cars

+

Driver 2
On foot
Multiple cities

+

Driver PL
Updated car customization

+

Driver1
Cops reacting to burnouts and speeding.

+
New ideas like
Manual transmission
Working rear view mirror and side mirrors (cockpit view)

+

Your ideas
No BLOODY Sports cars like Mclaren, Lambo, or any over-the-top-belongs-to-NFS-Cars that always get in the way and need TO BE F**ING KILLED AND TO BE WIPED OF THE FACE OF THE DRIVER WORLD!!!!

Thats just my idea .
By WOOTinator
Registration Days
I would just love some more secrets and easter eggs and references to the older Drivers.

When DRIVER: San Fransisco was being developed, and Martin Edmondson said in a video "A lot of stuff that the fans of the original drivers will love"
I was so excited, I was hoping for many references and easter eggs, what we got was a DeLorean that, when sped up to 88 Mph it would give you
the original Garage Training mission from DRIVER. I loved that, but I was hoping for more.

The one thing I wanted most was the original car(s) from DRIVER. The Buick with it's original shapes, very polygon-like. (They did this with Max Payne 3, gave you the original characters from Max Payne 1 and 2, in their original and true form)

Another thing I was hoping to see was a short bit of Miami, like a small flashback or something. Or just alot of storyline references to the older Driver.

I hope to see lots of this stuff in the future DRIVER games! :mrgreen:
By 0takumetalhead
No eurotrash vehicles, new city which isn't featured yet in any Driver game, secret vehicles you have to find (a la driver2, nostalgia if they are based on D1 vehicles) and gameplay in the vein of D2.
By Badnick24
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Heres my idea if Driver 6 has shift in it. If driver 6 has shift and multiple cities it would be cool if you could zoom out and see the globefrom a birds eye view (like Google Earth). This would allow you to select one of the cities to drive in instead of going to the main menu.

For Example: Lets say Driver 6 has the cities San Fran, Chicago, and Miami. You can use shift to zoom out to a birds eye view of the globe and select one of the cities.

Just one of my many ideas. :D

I also the next Driver to have some more freedom. When I'm on an overpass and hit a ramp, I wanna fly off the bridge and cause a big collision. I don't want to hit another invisible wall. I also wanna be able to flip the car more easily and overall destroy the thing.
By Fireboyd78
Driver 6 wouldn't work having Shift in it again. Shift was a major part of DSF because Tanner was in a coma. Your idea is nice, but it could technically be possible since it reminds me of Test Drive Unlimited's map screen where you could zoom waaay out and see Honolulu in its entirety. Kinda neat.

Edit: On an entirely unrelated note, this seems to be my 1,300th post! Yay me!

Hi. I saw in Helegad's thread about beta stuff in […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg