Post your wishes and/or speculations for any future/upcoming DRIVER games.
Forum rules: This forum is for posting fan-created wishes and rumors/speculation for a possible next-gen DRIVER game. All information is to be considered speculation and should not be taken as fact.
By Sedans
My Wish, following madness' directions, is being poted here.

my wish is for better ragdoll effects, in which tha character, in stead ao flying solidly when jumping out of a car or doing some other stunt, is when tha limbs and body bends and moves, its better like this, because it adds realism, and its kinda funny because with good ragdoll efects itr has real-life consequences: like if you're running from tha police, you can run and trip over curbs, which would be funny and totally suck at tha same time, heh. more updates soon and maybe even a video explaing ragdoll efects better. :)
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Whilst falling over after being chased by the cops may be funny. it would be absolutely annoying because falling over would be controlled by random probabilty from each pace that a character takes. therfore you are about 50% likely to trip over a curb. how would you like it if it happened in real life when you run from the cops. first the curb would hurt you... Then so would the cops.
By Sedans
lol thats funny. But it is true
By madness
Maybe if they were to implement this into the game they would use a percentage rate of something like 1 so every 100 times you go over a curb you'll only trip every 1 time.

Or if they want it to be a rare funny thing they could add a percentage rate of something like 0.01% where every 1000 times you walk over a curb you'll trip.

and if they want to make it that rare that not very many people will find it out they could go at a lower percentage rate but we wasn't everyone to laugh at it at least once.
By Daltarin-Elite
maybe even when you run people over. instead of bouncing off the car with a dull thud and a complaint of pain. maybe they should go under a car and you bounce of them like in some ocassions in real life. and when you crash into a tree or pole, it should deform in the shape of your car
By madness
yeah, deforming your car would be great however no game has done this 100% realistically, probably because of hardware problems which can't keep up with so much realism, however I think lots of time should at least should be spent into an FMV with a really big crash into a poll which is 100% realistic.

It would even be better if this could be done in game however I'm not very familiar with todays technology like the ps3 and such, from what i've seen so far it isn't all that good. I think we will have to wait for the next generation consoles like PS4 to do that :P
By Daltarin-Elite
Yeah. maybe there is a lack of power in the technology, but despite what some dickfaces at school have told me. i doubt very much wether at the current moments there is a PS4 in the pipeline. Some short ass who Lseven7 will know however says one is coming out next year and therefore there is no point in buying the PS3. And while PS3 graphics and realism may not be right up there to correctly deform a pole with a car or a bullet with a head, i think that from what i've seen they could get most of the way there.
By madness
Well in October there is going to be a very cheap AU$499 20gig version of the PS3 which will be able to play the same games it'll just have a 20gig hard driver and a few other cheaper parts however these parts will not affect hardware. I'm not 10% sure of this however I herd it from a reliable source.

We are going to have to wait another 5 years to see another generation of gaming, it'll be a long annoying wait but it'll finally come and when it comes it'll be a little too amazing.

Because when you think about it how much hardware increase there was between the consoles. NOTE: These are only guesses but are fairly correct.

PS1: 2MB Video, 64MB RAM, 120Mhz (1996)
PS2: 64MB Video, 256MB Ram, 800Mhz (2001)
PS3: 512MB Video, 1gig ram, 3Ghz Dual Core CPU (2006)
So what's next, if you do the calculations right it should be about
PS4: 2gig Video, 4gig ram, 6Ghz QuadCore CPU (2011)

Meaning there will be a pretty big increase in graphics and what the game can do.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]