General discussion for the DRIVER series.
I must admit that I'm bothered by the graphics in both those games. Ok, it got better in Driver 2, but still it kills some of my lust to play those games.

My dream is a remake, especially of Driver 2. Imagine driving around in Habana in old Amcars with DPL graphics!

So, do you think the graphics are a pain in the back, or do you find it charming?
By Officer Tanner
Registration Days Posts Posts
Well consider what time these games were made, 1999-2001. Graphics weren't as good as they are now. I think the first game with the best graphics was probably GTA III in 2001 but it might not have been though.
By Afternoon
Registration Days Posts Avatar
Officer Tanner wrote:Well consider what time these games were made, 1999-2001.
Of course. But the whole point with this thread is not to take that into consideration. The question is if you think the graphics affect the game's playability in a negative way today.
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
I'm bothered by the graphics of Driver and Driver 2 for about the first 10 minutes. After that, my eyes adjust and it's all good. The mission variety (in Driver 2 atleast) and the cool story is what keeps me coming back, not the graphics.
By Sedans
I just cant see how you people think that driver 2's graphics are better than driver 1's. I mean, HELLO! Driver 1s graphics were better than D2s!!!

D1:

-Good graphics for that period of time
-good framerate

D2:

-WORSE graphics
-SLOW framerate

Now thats how it was on the PS1 if i remember correctly
By coreyboy
Registration Days Posts
When I was younger they looked fine, but when I played the game again for the first time in 8 years i realized they were horrible. xd
By Sedans
lol, makes sense.
By Afternoon
Sedans wrote:I just cant see how you people think that driver 2's graphics are better than driver 1's. I mean, HELLO! Driver 1s graphics were better than D2s!!!
No, that can't be? D2 has curved roads! :p

I remember D2 having more details than D1, but the poor graphichs made them look like a mash. I'll have to do some retro-gaming before I can decide which's better.
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I think if they could update the graphics of all driver games to a true next gen style it would be awesome. And since they were weird and put some missions exclusivly on certain platforms, they should bring all of them together and this would be great if they could release it all in a boxed set or somethin of the sort in an ultimate driver collection.
I'd buy that!
By Afternoon
Ah, that would be something.

I'm hoping for some dedicated fans with programming skills coming and saying they want to do this. I doubt the developer itself will do something like it in the near future.
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
It's not quite the same, but atari released all it's old arcade games in one disc recently. Even though they didn't update graphics, they did update the format so they could be played on PS2 and Xbox. Maybe if they could have done this sooner for driver... befpre they sold out.
By DriverKid
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I think D1 had better graphics. I've seen videos and pics of D2 and they suck compared to D1. The graphics don't bother me, since the game is from 1999 and I play it so much lol.
By squeaky
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
Remakes would be nice. It would be nice to see this kind of stuff:

Driver 1:
Improved Graphics
Larger City Maps
Exit/Hijack Cars
Semi Trucks and Busses
Guns
Curved Roads

Driver 2:
Improved Graphics
Bigger Buildings
Semi Trucks
Guns

Those games would be mint with those features!!! If i could acquire some source codes, coprogrammers and artistic experts I could probably remake them.
By DriverKid
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
jakester wrote:Remakes would be nice. It would be nice to see this kind of stuff:

Driver 1:
Improved Graphics
Larger City Maps
Exit/Hijack Cars
Semi Trucks and Busses
Guns
Curved Roads

Driver 2:
Improved Graphics
Bigger Buildings
Semi Trucks
Guns

Those games would be mint with those features!!! If i could acquire some source codes, coprogrammers and artistic experts I could probably remake them.
I'd buy that! That'd be so awesome! I'd also like to see more cars in both games though. Also, how about some better police cruisers in D1? All of them were LAPD cruisers, and had one siren sound.
By AMC_Pacer_X
I actually like the retro look of Driver, and Driver 2.

Hey, is that for really enabling Bodysnatchers che[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4