General discussion for the DRIVER series.

Which one is better ?

Driver
41%
Driver 2
59%
By Coyote
Why only Driver and Driver 2 ? Why not also DPL and D3R ?

I can't decide…

edit: umm… Skeleton… you sad you go with Driver 2… You need to click on the little circle beside "Driver 2" and then you click on "Submit". ;)
By Coyote
But You didn't vote. Why Not ?
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
This is a very easy question...Driver 2 gets my vote all the way. It has interesting characters/storyline (though the ending is confusing and I guess no one here understands since no one replied to my topic!) The missions too are much more varied and unique. The cities are also more different, in D2 you get Chicago, Havana, Vegas, and Rio while Driver it's all american cities, the cities themselves in Driver 2 are much bigger and there are secret cars to find. The new on-foot feature allows near limitless take a ride time so that's another point for D2. The FMV's are better, and their general direction and pace are far improved over the original.

Plus, the first Driver's story is terrible, the voice acting is laughable, the FMV's are stiff, and pretty much all the missions are timed drives from point A to B (It's still a masterpiece though) but yeah Driver 2 is better for me. In my reviews I gave both Driver and Driver 2 a 9/10 and I still stand by that score but i just like D2 more.
By Coyote
Moonchild wrote:(though the ending is confusing and I guess no one here understands since no one replied to my topic!)
I replied :D
By Miller
I like the way the cars sound in Driver on PC better than in Driver2. I still voted for Driver2.
By Coyote
hmm… I think I prefer Driver 1 but only cause the crash/accidents/tires-sounds are better and the graphic is better too.
But I liked the cities in Driver 2, the cars, the Story, …
By Dicka
Registration Days
Very hard choice, but Driver 2 shades it for me. What a great, atmospheric game. Although Driver is a very close second, another outstanding game, that one. :lol:
Last edited by Dicka on Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Driver911
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Between D and D2, I choose Driver. :)
By Officer Tanner
Registration Days Posts Posts
I don't really like either. But Driver 2 gets my vote as it has a better story and we also see Solomon Caine from D3! I had only seen him in that when he got shot by Jericho.
By cleone
I kinda liked how Driver 1 had the choice of missions but it lacked a good story. Driver had a great story and had much more challenging gameplay. Driver 2 won it over for me.
By Lost Account #3408
I love both old school Driver....but i'll have to go with Driver 2, great Vehicles, big cities, etc etc....

I even choose Driver 2 over gta sa and 4. Cause i have a hatred for both these gta games :evil: .
By 0takumetalhead
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Driver 1, while not as much features as D2, it did at least ran on more then 17 frames per second. Also I liked the city's more in D1 dispite having 90 degree turns.
By Runo
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Driver 2 ALL THE WAYYY! Much better in my opinion. :] Also grew up with and remember Driver 2 a lot mooore. Have been playing it since 2000 and the cars, the music, the cities, the SECRETS.. make the game A LOT more awesome then the 1st one. Driver 1 doesn't have the secrets and stuff ;)
By DrShemp
Registration Days Posts Avatar
I grew up with Driver 2. The music made me love much more the game, and the game itself is amazing, lots of glitches but that made the game even more amazing haha.
So my vote is for Driver 2, Driver is a amazing game too for sure!

Hey, is that for really enabling Bodysnatchers che[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4