General discussion for the DRIVER series.
By madness
The Driver Minigame – Alpha 0.10
Lately I have been working on a new little project it has taken me ages to accomplish but I have finally gotten to the stage where I’m able to release my first alpha product.

The game has been inspired by the driver series and it is one of the many things I have been working on. It is like another dedication to the work reflections has done with the driver series and I hope to future support them as long as they make great games, so I make a similar game to show my appreciation for the series.

So you are the wheelman, the driver. Your first mission to practice your driving skills in the world of Miami. Currently I have released a very small city which you can practice your skills and drive around and later on in the future I’ll be releasing better version which include many more buildings and textures. I’ll also be working hard to add a wider range of cars and to fix a few problems you may notice in this current alpha release.

Future Outlook
V0.20 - to fix up any problems in the current alpha release
V0.30 - to add a wider range of vehicles
V0.40 – to add pedestrians
V0.50 – to fix up any final errors
V1.00 – final mission 1 release

The future may change and is only an estimate of my future work.

So I might as well explain how it works a little, first I’m working on the test level where you can to drive around the streets of Miami to test your driving skills around a newly formed engine. This is the project where I start of the development, making all the buildings, vehicles, pedestrians and placing them in the city.

My next project will be to make mission 2 where your going to have to demonstrate some of the skills by following a simple course around the city.

After this there will be just a few more missions where you have to get from point a to b, if your successful you’ll proceed to the next mission.

Completing the missions will be real easy because there is no time limit only traffic to dodge as well as missing the odd puddle of water. But this will enable to player to stream all the missions while playing the game like a interactive movie, between easy mission a small cut scene will be activated telling the player the next part of the story.

So if you like where this is going make sure you show your interest by relying in this topic, the more fans this minigame has the more I’ll work on it. If I really want to make the game feel a lot better I may also ask for some kind of voice talents if anyone is able to offer some.

So hopefully you have leant a lot about the driver inspired minigame I’m working on so I hope you enjoy it and show your appreciation to another part of the driver madness network.

Play the current level
Alpha V0.10 - Click here to play
click here to play

Click Here to play the latest release
By Sedans
Nice, if only no roadblocks! :P :P :P :P
By nobodie902
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
Its a bit disappointing as the city isnt a city at all. However it looks cool and i look forward to see final release.
It looks like Driver1 with that cheat that changes camera :D

p.s. i believe i have a voice talent 8)
By madness
that's why I can it an alpha release, I'm sure there was a name before that but I just used alpha. I'll be adding more city later on, and whenever I'm looking for voice talent you'll be the first person I ask!

anyone else have any voice talent, and you'll probably need a microphone too.
By Trinity
Registration Days Posts
wow that game is so cool! how did you make it?
By Skeleton
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
hmm i didn't like the graphics too much its like not the next-generation graphics.

:P

good work as always madness!
By madness
Interestingly enough both games seem pretty similar! Except the one I'm working on at the moment doesn't have any mission structure, however there's doesn't contain Free Ride and mine dosen't contain checkpoint missions and destruction!

In fact at the moment there is no scoring system, and due to difficulty I may never add a damage meter. Or maybe my skills will advanced but I have too many other things to focus on!
By cars358
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
what program u use
By Coyote
Adobe Flash CS/CS2/CS3 Professional …
By Driver911
That's very cool.
Very cool...

You should be proud, and even more proud when the final version will be released by.....you. :)
By madness
Yeah, whenever I have anymore time to complete the thing, we'll see what happens in the future.

At the moment once I've finished school for this year, I'll spend some more time on making a mobile phone like version of all the driver's =D

I guess it's quite simple to those one, except we will be unable to play it on a mobile phone at the moment, until I start working with flash player on my mobile phone again, but more people can use it on the net rather than via. Mobile Phone so we will see what happens.
By cars358
nice but there is only 1 mission plus the pool in the bottom left, if you go into it you have to restart the game again....
By T.K.
I myself am very impressed with the current game. Now I can brag about being a beta tester. Splee! :mrgreen:
By T.K.
No work still done on it?

Good God.
By Nikusakken
Lol, I haven't seen this game yet... I'll give it a try.
By madness
It took quite a while, now I forgot most of everything I knew.
So it's probably impossible to do now. Although if someone was interested in developing a map I could make take a ride out of it and include that :).
By cleone
Nice game. I don't know how to do flash, just Windows programs.

Hey, is that for really enabling Bodysnatchers che[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4