General discussion for the DRIVER series.
By madness
nice news, just wondering if you are interested in uploading your videos for the upcoming driver download database update?

Were just trying to fill the download database with content galore so down loaders will never get bored.
By LoXodonte
Registration Days Posts
yeah sure. I can go back through and re-render the video's in a higher rez too if theirs no bandwidth restrictions :)

right now I'm just trying to figure out how to get more youtube subscribers
By madness
I'm not a really big user of youtube, I prefer to download and keep rather than stream :P

But in the future when I might have a broadband connection of my own I probably then wouldn't care as much and I may prefer to stream. But at the moment I don't have my own connection so that makes things harder when I wish to view these things offline.

Anyways, I'm going to send you some FTP details soon? you'll receive them via. PM. Unless you wish to use an alternative method to sending the videos.

EDIT: There are no space or bandwidth limitations so the files can be as big as you want them to be, as long as there not raw fully uncompressed of course, but compressed high quality videos will do. Meaning each second of video can't be over 500kb if you know what I mean.
By Miller
Crotch rocket video kicked. Funny, too. Thanks for the show.
By LoXodonte
Registration Days Posts
glad ya liked it. :)
By LoXodonte
Registration Days Posts
I uploaded a high def Driv3r movie to that ftp. I'll upload more soon.
By Coyote
ftp ? what is that and what a f*** is that link ???! :lol::lol:
By madness
LoXodonte wrote:I uploaded a high def Driv3r movie to that ftp. I'll upload more soon.
Yeah, I'll add them to the download database on driver madness when the time is right, it might be another week because I can't get "shell" or "ftp" access to the site and when I have this abillity I'll be able to get these access rights online I'll be able to add them to the download database
Millbrea 04 wrote:ftp ? what is that and what a **** is that link ???! :lol::lol:
FTP is (file transfer protocal) it is used to upload files on the internet.
The downloads will soon be avaliable in the database provided I can get the right kind of internet access to get the right connection which enables me to get this kind of access.
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I thought FTP was a colloquialism used among unruly teenagers that stood for F*** the Police. :lol:

Any way, awesome videos... I only watched a few, but they're great. Round and Round is Hilarious. :lol:

The graphics seem really good as well.
By Coyote
F*** the police … that was good :lol:

I understand. Its somthin like imageshack.us , no ?

Loxo put that link here but… :lol: lol click on it you'll see what I mean :lol:
By LoXodonte
Registration Days Posts
I have no idea why that ftp text was a hyper link.

ftp. with a period (testing)
By LoXodonte
Registration Days Posts
lol, I see, I put ftp at the end of a sentence with a period, and it hyperlinked automatically. :o

should I keep uploading the high rez's to the ftp, or wait tell you get it all sorted?
By madness
you can continue uploading the videos :P
Upload as many as you wish!
By Miller
That video with a song that goes, “More human than human,” is one of the coolest I’ve seen of yours at YouTube. Thanks for making that, LoXodonte. Music really adds to a video, man. You ought to make one with Highway Star by Deep Purple. That’s one of my all-time favorite songs. I bet you could make a killer video to go with that.

Thanks again for the videos, and for including a codec or whatever that thing is in your package here.
Last edited by Miller on Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By madness
First thing I'll mention all of "LoXodonte" are slowly getting uploaded onto Driver Madness and everysingle time LoXodonte uploads a video and gives me information on it I'll add it to the downloads on the download database.

You can visit LoXodonte's videos section by clicking here
I've been talking to LoXodonte and he has decided to upload the video file only rather than the entire package with the codec package and everything. Just to make viewing quicker and simpler.

Also the Videos forum area was really designed for Google Videos, like one post for each video, I haven't gotten to completing that area yet as I haven't really defined the future of those sections yet.

The dimensions of the video don't really matter all that much, on youtube there is no point making it to large because youtube automatically down scales it, where google video usually keeps most of your video and with Driver Madness, we keep the video the way your sent it to us and users get to download it in full quality.

So usually adding it to driver madness downloads section is the best idea for keeping all your quality and we don't mind how much space you use up as long as the video is somewhat compressed and looks alright it can go up there with all the other driver content.

So keep the dimensions (pixels) high for Driver Madness and Google Video. Keep them low for youtube because you tube keeps the quality down and makes it look and sound crap.
Last edited by madness on Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By LoXodonte
Registration Days Posts
thx for the feedback Miller. Sry for the late reply, I don't surf the forums too much. :) I'm glad you're enjoying the movies, I'll look into that song and see if I have a video that may suit it. hi madness!
By Wheelman75
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Wow, I mean this site has been down before, but this seems heavy.
By bb_42001
Sorry about everything but my old host "host2x" killed there free hosting without much warning, so i had to find a new host then get madness to transfer the domain over to me so i have control of it then try and sort out some database errors, which i couldn't so we lost just under 3 months worth of posts and users.

bb42001

Noodles

By madness
Harlequin wrote:Welcome back boys and... Well, am I still the only girl? We need to fix that.
I agree very much (:
Male Dominance is a bad thing, thus the reasoning behind my reduced visits. It’s a penis party here, not my forte!
By Harlequin
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Boys houses are better... Lol.
And I spend most of my time these days around guys (everyone I work with seems to be male... Haven't had one shift with a girl yet. How weird...) so I don't mind the guy thing, but I do mind some of the things that have been said in the past.
Some of the guys on here don't seem to believe that girls can be gamers, and it's a bit disappointing.
That's probably also why there aren't many girls on here...
By Biscaynes
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
Miller wrote:That video with a song that goes, “More human than human,” is one of the coolest I’ve seen of yours at YouTube. Thanks for making that, LoXodonte. Music really adds to a video, man. You ought to make one with Highway Star by Deep Purple. That’s one of my all-time favorite songs. I bet you could make a killer video to go with that.

Thanks again for the videos, and for including a codec or whatever that thing is in your package here.
Oh sh**!!!!

Miller, I... I... I swear, I did not know about your post back then. :shock:
Last edited by Biscaynes on Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Miller
Biscaynes wrote: Oh sh**!!!! Miller, I... I... I swear, I did not know about your post back then. :shock:
:lol:
Yeah, that was a cool coincidence, was it not, then? I enjoyed your video. Thank you for sendig me a hyperlink to it, man.

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

Hi. I saw in Helegad's thread about beta stuff in […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4