Discussion for the fan-made game The Driver Syndicate.

Moderator: SOAP

By Fireboyd78
Who needs Driv3r when you have this incredible game? We can finally make our own Driver game, with proper multiplayer support!
By PostalDude
SOAP wrote:
PostalDude wrote: Another good idea for a service/utility vehicle would be this body style of GMC/Chevy truck with a water delivery body on it, don't know what that style of body is called:
Image thumbnail
You could make it so the water jugs go flying everywhere when you crash into them, like in Super Runabout or that scene in The Rock.
Wow! Never thought about this. It should be awesome.
I hope you won't have any trouble finding reference material for it.
By SOAP
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
RCRacer69 wrote:An idiotic question by me :
with your great gameengine, couldn't you "re-do" Driver 1 and 2?
That would be awesome, because my f**cking PC can't launch these games and my sister kidnapped my PS2...
:?:
I'll think about fork compatible with Driver 1 PC or Driver 2 levels.
By bibidibabidibu
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
First of all game is very very good but when I try to play it long it throws exception.

Houston, we have a problem :(

Warning! Material 'models\misc\\red' shader 'BaseUnlit' for model 'models\misc\arrow.egf' is invalid
added car 'rio_bus'
---- CMissionManager:InitMission() ------ ShutdownSession --
-- InitializeSession --
added car 'rollo'
added car 'mustang'
added car 'carla'
added car 'torino'
added car 'monster_rollo'
added car 'cop_regis'
added car 'rio_bus'
---- CMissionManager:InitMission() ----
By car
Registration Days Posts
I played like 2 hours in one session! My only problem is it runs on slow motion on my i3 2gb RAM laptop from 2010.

Otherwise, it's great! (Y)
By Badnick24
Hey! It's been so long since I've visited Driver Madness. I think this game looks amazing and I'm glad to see how far this project has come along.

I've always wanted to start a career working on indie projects. Now I don't exactly know what I can offer, but I'd love to help if you need it. Not sure what skills I can bring to the table but if there's anything you think I could help with phrase let me know. I could even do a trailer lol.

Good luck and happy new year :)
By SOAP
Thanks, guys!
bibidibabidibu wrote:First of all game is very very good but when I try to play it long it throws exception.

Houston, we have a problem :(

<log cut>
Can you send me a mdmp file (near log file) if you have which I can analyze?
car wrote:I played like 2 hours in one session! My only problem is it runs on slow motion on my i3 2gb RAM laptop from 2010.

Otherwise, it's great! (Y)
Did you tried to change settings (is an in-game menu)?
Intel HD Graphics should run fine only in non-hd modes, by default game starts in 1280x720 windowed.

Anyway, the game was not optimized well.
By car
Registration Days Posts
Oh I have an ATI Graphics. Changing the settings didn't improve the performance. btw it only happens when the camera is not facing towards buildings or map.
By bibidibabidibu
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
Hi I fixed the problem. I replaced rio_bus script file content between mustang file and problem solved. Great police chases :) do you need vehicle models or buildings I can send fbx and obj models?
By PostalDude
bibidibabidibu wrote:do you need vehicle models or buildings I can send fbx and obj models?
As long as they fit the art style.
Soap, I forgot to mention - the Torino and Chevelle Laguna SS models are amazing. Please, don't remove the slotted mags from them. Hell, give every vehicle slotted mags.
Also - some cool keybinds figured out for you guys, courtesy of Carluver69/Mark....although, they're also in the read me.
O - freezes time
I - freecam
L - honk horn
M - change carcol
H - sirens (for the Regis, eventually the ambulance and fire truck)
Also, I dare you to type "g_car tank_rollo" into the console, then restart in the pause menu. :lol:
By arath060
Registration Days Posts Avatar
I'm having an issue where the game does not even start and does absolutely nothing but still shows up in the task manager.
Here are my specs:
- i5 4690K
- ASUS GeForce GTX 960 2 GB
- ASUS Motherboard
- Windows 7 64-Bit
By SOAP
arath060 wrote:I'm having an issue where the game does not even start and does absolutely nothing but still shows up in the task manager.
Please look at /logs folder, you'll find Game_<username>.log in there. Can you show me that?
RCRacer69 wrote:I have built this from scatch and will finish it soon...
would it help you Soap? It's supposed to be Tanner's Challenger form DSF.
<pic>
That is cool!
Also you'll need a extra verts/polygons for the damaged variant, bones, shape keys, etc. If you have deal with Blender, this could be done without any problems.
I'll post model SDK here later. It contains vehicle example with texture PSD source, Blender 2.5x plugin and model compiler for my engine.
By PostalDude
SOAP wrote:
arath060 wrote:I'm having an issue where the game does not even start and does absolutely nothing but still shows up in the task manager.
Please look at /logs folder, you'll find Game_<username>.log in there. Can you show me that?
That's the odd thing, I told him to check there last night and there was no log.
By Badnick24
Anyone else have an issue starting the game on Windows 10? I get an error that say s "The program can't start because MSVCR120.dll is missing from your computer."
By SOAP
Badnick24 wrote:Anyone else have an issue starting the game on Windows 10? I get an error that say s "The program can't start because MSVCR120.dll is missing from your computer."
You need to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x86 redistributable
By arath060
Registration Days Posts Avatar
PostalDude wrote:
SOAP wrote:
That's the odd thing, I told him to check there last night and there was no log.
Yep no logs.
By SOAP
arath060 wrote:
PostalDude wrote:
SOAP wrote:
Yep no logs.
Is Game.exe shown in windows task manager?
With me this only happen once on other PC when I switched fullscreen and AVG warned me about suspicious activity :?
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]