Discussion for the fan-made game The Driver Syndicate.

Moderator: SOAP

By chris89
Registration Days Avatar
it's quite unbelievable what you guys can come up with, so many talented people here. i've seen so many promising game projects on this forum with all of them being cancelled after a while. incredible work SOAP! this looks amazing and i can't wait for it to be finished. keep going my friend. you'll make a lot of people happy :wink:
who knows, maybe there will never be another official driver game.
By SOAP
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
chris89 wrote:it's quite unbelievable what you guys can come up with, so many talented people here. i've seen so many promising game projects on this forum with all of them being cancelled after a while. incredible work SOAP! this looks amazing and i can't wait for it to be finished. keep going my friend. you'll make a lot of people happy :wink:
who knows, maybe there will never be another official driver game.
Thanks, I really appreciate that!
the kid 78 wrote:I don't know why the car goes slow ?
Maybe frame rate goes down? Game is fixed to run in 60 FPS. Game may run slow on Intel HD graphics when street lights are enabled.
By Wheels
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
So, any new game modes? Like, cops and robbers, or survival?
By SOAP
Wheels wrote:So, any new game modes? Like, cops and robbers, or survival?
Project slown down for quite some time because of my work and I've moved to a new house. I making some content (buildings, props), programming AI for cops, replays and director with basic features are working.
By SOAP
You should know that game development takes quite some time.

I know that many projects and remake attempts are buried on this forum. Many ideas were not implemented and died here. Might be their authors don't have time on project (btw I don't believe that you can't have any free time on it), they have technical difficulties or lack of knowledge and skills (and loss of enthusiasm further). That's the reason.

There is no real reasons to close this project because I've spent a lot time on it to make my ideas happen.
By PostalDude
SOAP wrote:You should know that game development takes quite some time.

I know that many projects and remake attempts are buried on this forum. Many ideas were not implemented and died here. Might be their authors don't have time on project (btw I don't believe that you can't have any free time on it), they have technical difficulties or lack of knowledge and skills (and loss of enthusiasm further). That's the reason.

There is no real reasons to close this project because I've spent a lot time on it to make my ideas happen.
This is correct, I wasn't referring to your project, of course.
I'm going to see if one of the admins can delete or branch the argument posts off into a separate topic.
Last edited by PostalDude on Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
By SOAP
Alpha version is 50% complete, is a 70% of C++ code and 20% of Lua code done. Now I eliminate lack of game assets, so any help with buildings and props textures even photos are welcome.
By ASV
Registration Days Posts Avatar
Great to hear! If I'd actually knew what you actually could need when you write buildings, textures and photos I would be glad to help. I know a few things about photoshop and vegas movie maker if that is of any good. :D
By cleone
I must say, this project is a Driver fan's wet dream. Keep up the great work, this will be amazing when its finished.
By SOAP
Kept you waiting, huh?

ImageImage

From the new:
Newspapers, flying sheets in addition to debris
Not so stupid but fun cops AI. Pathfinding done on A*
After felony goes beyound 50%, cops are able to place roadblocks
Visibility optimization with occlusion planes
Added some lens flare (I know, not so notable change)
Bitmap to city generator completed, so city roads are already ok.
Multiple colored vehicles now supported
All five vehicles are completed

Now big deal is buildings at night, city props, scenery.
Bigger only is multiplayer mission scripts.

New demo might be posted soon.
Last edited by SOAP on Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SOAP
PostalDude wrote:Oh my sweet f**k....that is AMAZING.
I'm digging the slotted mag wheels on that '73 or so Chevelle.
Keep up the great work SOAP. (Y)
After you do the buildings at night, city props and scenery will you start taking vehicle suggestions?
Thanks!

It could be interesting to make some special vehicles which appear in specific missions.
Also I planing to release SDK, including Level Editor and model tools. I think this will happen during beta.

This game needs some service vehicles like fire truck, ambulance, etc. If you know some cool from them produced before 1980s, feel free to suggest anytime.
By PostalDude
As far as ambulances go, how about an Oldsmobile Delta 88 based one?
Image thumbnail
Now, for a firetruck, an old Crown Firecoach would be awesome
Image thumbnail
Another good idea for a service/utility vehicle would be this body style of GMC/Chevy truck with a water delivery body on it, don't know what that style of body is called:
Image thumbnail
You could make it so the water jugs go flying everywhere when you crash into them, like in Super Runabout or that scene in The Rock.
By SOAP
PostalDude wrote: Another good idea for a service/utility vehicle would be this body style of GMC/Chevy truck with a water delivery body on it, don't know what that style of body is called:
Image thumbnail
You could make it so the water jugs go flying everywhere when you crash into them, like in Super Runabout or that scene in The Rock.
Wow! Never thought about this. It should be awesome.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]