General discussion for the DRIVER series.

Do you think that next Driver should focus more on racing game style or more sandbox?

Sandbox (including on foot)
57%
Sandbox (without on foot)
36%
Racing
7%
max.thunder wrote:I meant free roam game with onfoot, as for the story i prefer lineal, GTAish kind of story makes you lose the track of the main story.
GTA's stories are linear too, I think non-linear means you can have different endings, such as in Fahrenheit or Black Monday. In GTA you just have lots of "side" missions, that aren't really side-missions as we know them (ambulance, police, taxi) but more like: you need to do these to enable other missions, to know more about the story.

But I like that! It wouldn't fit with Driver, however, neither would a non-linear storyline.
Coyote wrote:
max.thunder wrote:I meant free roam game with onfoot, as for the story i prefer lineal, GTAish kind of story makes you lose the track of the main story.
GTA's stories are linear too, I think non-linear means you can have different endings, such as in Fahrenheit or Black Monday. In GTA you just have lots of "side" missions, that aren't really side-missions as we know them (ambulance, police, taxi) but more like: you need to do these to enable other missions, to know more about the story.

But I like that! It wouldn't fit with Driver, however, neither would a non-linear storyline.
I didn't mean about decisions (i like that), i was talking about too much side missions away from story, like DSF did, i thought that they were unnecessary because everytime i wanted to play next story mission, those side missions took me away from the track of the main story, maybe they would be cool after finishing the game.
Yeah, that's still a linear gameplay :) (there's a linear path by the way and no matter how often you replay it, the story will stay the same)

Those side-missions are just to fill up "space" I think, else the game would be finished even faster. I really took my time when I played DSF, it took me 4 days to finish the story alone. I first thought games are getting easier, but we're just getting better. I always had this image that Driver 1 had so many missions and that it was so hard. Truth it, a year ago I think, I played and finished it again in less time than DSF. And San Andreas a few years ago I had finished it 100% in exactly a week (not just the missions but really everything 100%).

I do like these, however. When DSF came out I wanted to play it so bad, but I didn't want to finish the story in a day. I did free roam a lot and played challenges and stuff, but still. It made some time pass… also, I don't forget the story, plus there's the "previously in…" anyway.
Sandbox, preferably with no on foot action. Only because that's what Driver's about. Driver Parallel Lines did a good job with the on foot, but I thought the handling of the cars weren't that great. If they could do both on foot and good handling I wouldn't mind, but I wouldn't want that many missions to be on foot.
Hey guys! I haven't been back to the forums for awhile but here I am, in my opinion, it must have on-foot action, the main character just couldn't be in a coma in every single game. It should be on-foot, but no guns because that's whats driver's about: driving. Shooting guns everywhere will make it feel like GTA. I think they should also try to minimize on the on-foot missions because its Driver, not Runner.
Driving most definitely, but expand on it. I don't know how, but just somehow. Just imagine DSF with plenty of more features. Working rear-view mirrors, manual transmissions, far more better AI (especially police AI) if it was to feature cops, while just making the whole driving around the city thing make feel more dynamic. DSF had some cool feats like the random pursuits that would go past you and different stuff happening within the city (ships going by at the docks), sort of like in DPL for an example, too.

I would be fine with an on foot section as well, as long as it would be executed just right. It also shouldn't evolve around shooting people.
For me, basically another Driv3r would be perfect.

However, I'm not sure most people would be happy with the linear missions in that game, I'm not sure even I would be happy with it.

For me, the ideal would be a GTA type game (ie. driving, on-foot, shooting) but with a darker feel like Driv3r, not having crazy amounts of weapons, and very few if any, "on-foot" missions. Include on foot but keep the missions driving mainly, as that is what the game is about.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]