General discussion for the DRIVER series.

Would you like more options to be available in the next Driver?

Yes
89%
No
No votes
0%
Not bothered
11%
Driver San Francisco had many limited option choices compared to previous Drivers. For example to do specific story missions again, you would have to go through the story again. Would you prefer to be able to choose specific missions to replay? How about colour choosing for your car you get out of the garage? Maybe even the choice to remove things from the HUD. (Like the speedometer, map, damage etc)
Because none pop up to my mind, but if you suggest me one, the answer will always be yes :D

Choosing the weather of course, as you said, and yep, making any car an undercover car sounds dope as well! I suggested this months ago when I saw this in the old Starsky & Hutch PS2 game. Basically you can make any car a cop car, I really loved this. You just put a light on its roof, even if it’s a stretch limo or a van, and there you go, wuih wuih wuih wuih! (that’s supposed to be a siren)
Would be bloody awesome to make the HUD as minimalistic as possible. Speedometers, brandnames and such shouldn't be on your HUD at all in a game like DSF.
Should be just like the first couple of games: Vehicle Health, Felony and if there's on foot: Characters health + a minimap.

But yeah, IF they are going to make another Driver game, give us the option to tweak it to our liking. And it's not only the HUD I'm talking about.
0takumetalhead wrote:Would be bloody awesome to make the HUD as minimalistic as possible. Speedometers, brandnames and such shouldn't be on your HUD at all in a game like DSF.
Should be just like the first couple of games: Vehicle Health, Felony and if there's on foot: Characters health + a minimap.
Gotta agree!
Steerclear wrote:If people would like to see more options in the future, what would they like to see? Interested to see what people say.
i would like 2 see the weather and spawn options from driv3r combined with dpl customization
-Driver SF
Cockpit view
Licensed cars (or not, depending if that's affects to the reduction of damag physics)

+

Driver 2
On foot
Multiple cities

+

Driver PL
Updated car customization

+

Driver1
Cops reacting to burnouts and speeding.

+
New ideas like
Manual transmission
Working rear view mirror and side mirrors (cockpit view)
max.thunder wrote:-Driver SF
Cockpit view
Licensed cars (or not, depending if that's affects to the reduction of damag physics)

+

Driver 2
On foot
Multiple cities

+

Driver PL

+

Driver1

+
New ideas like
Manual transmission
Blimey, that would be awesome! I completely agree
Actually, I must say one thing. Having less options in a game isn't bad either. I don't know why, but it has something to it if you ask me :)
I don't think anyone on here knows, but me and some other people are working on a game. The Driver series and especially The Getaway has inspired us a lot, and that's one of the things I liked about The Getaway: how simple it was. Simple, clear & effective. Our game will be a driving-game only, but I know of so many things that we will definitely NOT include :D That starts with very simple things such as having only one view, which will be the 3rd person view. Even though the company that models the vehicles for us also models their interiors, we decided we wanted only a single view for the game! I think it's cool!
max.thunder wrote:-Driver SF
Cockpit view

+

Driver 2
On foot
Multiple cities

+

Driver PL

+

Driver1

+
New ideas like
Manual transmission
That'd definitely be a nice mix, I do think that we'll probably not see the 'cops reacting when we're speeding' again in Driver. I like the other ideas and do think they could/ should include them.

Hi. I saw in Helegad's thread about beta stuff in […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg